Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - thespeed - 2013-02-25

I had big problems to install Spotimc. (Kubuntu 12.10 with XBMC 12)
When i installed spotimc-1.0 beta 3 i couldn't open it.
Then i tried to install Spotimc-1.0 beta 2 and i got a script error.

After uninstalling Spotimc i deleted the folders:
.xbmc\addons\script.audio.spotimc
.xbmc\userdata\addon_data\script.audio.spotimc

Then i installed spotimc-1.0 beta 3 again with the zip file.
and i looked at .xbmc\addons\script.audio.spotimc
The first time i saw more files and the folder now looked more empty.
So i unpacked the 1.0 beta 3 zip file and copied the files from script.audio.spotimc
to .xbmc\addons\script.audio.spotimc
After a reboot it worked.

I hope it will be usefull for someone.
It's a nice Add-on

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dina - 2013-02-27

Still the same problems. Disabling the firewall did nothing. It's odd, because I can see my playlists and such fine, but actually playing a song does nothing. I'm happy to try again, but for now I'm deleting the addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Robert-Jon - 2013-03-02

Is there any news on Raspberry Pi compatibility yet?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - eeymiel - 2013-03-02

It works for me on raspberry pi! I'm using openelec (latest version) and spotimc beta 3, had to open the add-on about three times and restart it when it told me to. Didn't have to replace any libraries or anything Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Robert-Jon - 2013-03-02

The last thing I could find in this thread about the raspberry pi was some kind of incompatibility issue, but I didn't really understand what was going on.
I have beta 3 installed as well but I'm getting "Script failed: script.audio.spotimc", so I thought this might be caused by the incompatibility issue. BTW I'm not runnig openelec but raspbmc. (Although I'm too much of a noob to really understand the difference.)

So, any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - malelan - 2013-03-03

figured i'd post, installed this today, no problem real easy, worked like a charm. linux ubuntu frodo, took 5 mins.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - eeymiel - 2013-03-03

(2013-03-02, 23:53)Robert-Jon Wrote: The last thing I could find in this thread about the raspberry pi was some kind of incompatibility issue, but I didn't really understand what was going on.
I have beta 3 installed as well but I'm getting "Script failed: script.audio.spotimc", so I thought this might be caused by the incompatibility issue. BTW I'm not runnig openelec but raspbmc. (Although I'm too much of a noob to really understand the difference.)

So, any suggestions?
Uninstall the addon and try again? I don't think it matters that you're using raspbmc. If it still fails try and find out why in the logfile.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - wranglerspace - 2013-03-07

so tried installing on atv2 running frodo

I unzipped the 1.0 beta 3 zip file and copied the files from script.audio.spotimc to .xbmc\addons\script.audio.spotimc
I rebooted the device
I see the add-on and I can click on it, I get the warning about not being endorsed by spotify or whatever
but then it crashes every time right after that and I get a script error in the bottom right.

not sure of my next move
any help would be appreciated...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - snikkaren - 2013-03-09

Well, I just tried installing this on two seperate machines, both running updated versions of frodo (xbmcbuntu).
One is an older machine, one of the first IONs, Acer Revo r3600, 1,6MHz, 4GB ram, 30GB SSD, it's a nvidia8600 chip for the ION solution I think.
The other is a newer machine, D525 also with an ION setup (ION2). Dcore 1,8 GHz, same ram and SSD as the other.

The thing is, both machines installed and run Spotimc perfectly.

No problems whatsoever, I did a reboot to see if I had been fooled, but no, still working as hoped by developer.

All I can say is thanks to Mazkolain!!

(2013-03-07, 05:31)wranglerspace Wrote: so tried installing on atv2 running frodo

I unzipped the 1.0 beta 3 zip file and copied the files from script.audio.spotimc to .xbmc\addons\script.audio.spotimc

No experience on ATV's, and have not read the entire thread here, but I did not extract the .zip. Just downloaded the .zip to my server and just pointed to it from my clients, addon was installed.
Uninstall and try again?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Robert-Jon - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-03, 20:47)eeymiel Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 23:53)Robert-Jon Wrote: The last thing I could find in this thread about the raspberry pi was some kind of incompatibility issue, but I didn't really understand what was going on.

So, any suggestions?
Uninstall the addon and try again? I don't think it matters that you're using raspbmc. If it still fails try and find out why in the logfile.
Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled (third install now). Still on 1.0 beta 3. The add-on enables, but when running loads for a second (grey on grey loading screen), stalls and then gives the script.audio.spotimc error again.

Sorry for noobing here, but where do I find the log file? I turned on debug mode in settings and it gives me the path in the upper left corner but I don't know how to reach that path. It's not on my SD card.

[edit]
Ok google told me how to FTP into my Pi - that works. Found the log with some effort... let me dig into this.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Robert-Jon - 2013-03-10

FIX FOR RASPBMC

In Raspbmc the error was actually the missing libspotify. I found a thread with a very complicated solution, but someone in that thread was nice enough to create a add-on zip-file that works without tinkering. Here's the link to the exact post:

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=921&pid=50586#pid50586

I'm getting quite some crashes, it's not quick and it has an annoying issue where the volume goes up substantially between tracks... but it works! I hope people keep working on this. Spotify + xbmc is the best.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - lomdar67 - 2013-03-13

Thanks, this is a great plugin. I'm also running it on a Raspberry Pi and unfortunately get a lot of crashes. I hope we see more stability in the coming releases.

Would it be possible to make the pulgin more remote app friendly? I use the officel remote app for iOS and would like to use the plugin without the TV.
There are music plugins like "Radio", that show their content in a folder structure inside the remote app. Any chance this could be included in Spotimc?

Michael

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Robert-Jon - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 09:22)lomdar67 Wrote: Thanks, this is a great plugin. I'm also running it on a Raspberry Pi and unfortunately get a lot of crashes. I hope we see more stability in the coming releases.

Would it be possible to make the pulgin more remote app friendly? I use the officel remote app for iOS and would like to use the plugin without the TV.
There are music plugins like "Radio", that show their content in a folder structure inside the remote app. Any chance this could be included in Spotimc?

Michael
+1

The plugin shows up in the official iOS remote but has no functionality. Having that would be super awesome.

The only thing that appears in the iOS app is the current playlist. But when I try to play track 1 of the playlist after the list ended (because I can't find the repeat function?) my whole system crashes. Also when a playlists ends while I'm not in Spotifymc (I like to just view my home screen), the plugin won't launch anymore until I do a reboot. So I can basically only listen to a playlist once at a time before I have to reboot my system. (Or leave Spotimc running in the front all the time, that works as well.)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Swind - 2013-03-13

Hi I have been using this plugin but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more.

The problem I'm seeing is that when one song has been played it plays the beginning of the next song and then it crashes.

Anyone who recognizes this or knows what the problem might be?

I'm running XBMC 12.0 on ubuntu 12.10

A crashlog can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-bibyyf_SPFZ3ZCU2JoLVFRUVE/edit?usp=sharing

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-07, 05:31)wranglerspace Wrote: so tried installing on atv2 running frodo

I rebooted the device
I see the add-on and I can click on it, I get the warning about not being endorsed by spotify or whatever
but then it crashes every time right after that and I get a script error in the bottom right.

not sure of my next move
any help would be appreciated...
Please note that Spotimc it's not compatible with ATV2 yet.

(2013-03-13, 09:33)Robert-Jon Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 09:22)lomdar67 Wrote: Thanks, this is a great plugin. I'm also running it on a Raspberry Pi and unfortunately get a lot of crashes. I hope we see more stability in the coming releases.

Michael
+1

The plugin shows up in the official iOS remote but has no functionality. Having that would be super awesome.

The only thing that appears in the iOS app is the current playlist. But when I try to play track 1 of the playlist after the list ended (because I can't find the repeat function?) my whole system crashes. Also when a playlists ends while I'm not in Spotifymc (I like to just view my home screen), the plugin won't launch anymore until I do a reboot. So I can basically only listen to a playlist once at a time before I have to reboot my system. (Or leave Spotimc running in the front all the time, that works as well.)
Raspberry PI support is still experimental. It may work, but you might notice slow performance and/or crashes, but hopefully this will be improved on the future.

Also, I'm considering remote app support for future releases, but for now the main focus is on fixing bugs to release 1.0-final, and resume feature additions as soon as possible.

(2013-03-13, 19:22)Swind Wrote: Hi I have been using this plugin but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more.

The problem I'm seeing is that when one song has been played it plays the beginning of the next song and then it crashes.

Anyone who recognizes this or knows what the problem might be?

I'm running XBMC 12.0 on ubuntu 12.10

A crashlog can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-bibyyf_SPFZ3ZCU2JoLVFRUVE/edit?usp=sharing
There are some known issues with songs that are not playable, which cause some crashes and freezes on Frodo. Anyway, reading from your log file it seems not to be related to this issue. Will try to reproduce the issue with the same track id's that appear on the log file, and see what happens.

Thanks for reporting!