Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - svfusion - 2013-06-22

Works great on XBMCbuntu Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - svfusion - 2013-06-22

Is there a way to use this with visualizations?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - raydekok - 2013-06-23

new to this but realy want it working. i use xbmc on a raspberry pi xbian. installing this addon will let me use spotify. but how to remote it? yatse wont work.

another thing is the speed. i overclocked a bit but searging will take 25 sec. or so, is this normal?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-28

Can this addon play music in the background whilst i navigate other parts of xbmc?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - debennett2 - 2013-06-28

I get some error saying something regarding a PVR addon not be enabled every time I go to attempt to enter my login credentials for the first time so I have yet to actually get to use the plugin.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a workaround?

I've duplicated with several versions of Frodo 12.1, 12.2 and a couple releases of Gotham.\

Thanks,

Dan

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-17, 22:42)jah_82 Wrote: Just wanted to say that this plugin is really awesome. If there is anything I could request (no big deal though) is have an option to play randomized visualization for each next song. Might be cool. I don't know I'm new to xbmc so it may not even be on your end. Anyway, thanks for this amazing spotify app. It seems to be working great right now. I'll report any thing I notice as far as bugs if I find any. Jah
Thanks! Regarding your request it sounds like it could be implemented on the visualization's side, as they can easily be able to listen to song change events.

(2013-06-18, 06:17)exiledone1 Wrote: I just found this plugin and its amazing! I've been trying to go thru some of the old post but with 71 pages its sort of hard.

I wanted to know if your plugin lets us clear the cache because the iPhone and ipad version of spotify doesn't let you and you have to manually delete the app to delete the cache since spotify doesn't cache like other similar services. So is there a way to clear the cache if need be?

Love the design, it works great and this may be the best plugin I've come across. Great work!

Oh and does this work for ATV2Huh

Amazing work on this plugin Smile

Josh
Hi Josh. Currently the only way of clearing cache is by deleting the folder by hand, which can be located on %userdata%/addon_data/script.audio.spotimc. Check here for the userdata folder locations on various systems.

Regarding ATV2, there's no support for this platform yet since I don't own the hardware required to develop on this platform.

(2013-06-22, 15:50)svfusion Wrote: Is there a way to use this with visualizations?
Of course! While playing music, you can bring up XBMC's visualization screen by pressing tab or from the dedicated button from the now playing screen.

(2013-06-23, 20:36)raydekok Wrote: new to this but realy want it working. i use xbmc on a raspberry pi xbian. installing this addon will let me use spotify. but how to remote it? yatse wont work.

another thing is the speed. i overclocked a bit but searging will take 25 sec. or so, is this normal?
Yatse actually works with Spotimc, but partially. You can control the Spotimc GUI with the arrow keys, but you can't navigate it's folder structure like you would do on most plugins.

Speed is still a pending task, which I believe will be improved in the future. Apart from overclocking, using a good SD card (anything above class 6) also improves performance a lot.

(2013-06-28, 00:39)thebearnecessit Wrote: Can this addon play music in the background whilst i navigate other parts of xbmc?
The fact is that you can "minimize" it in various ways, but any latter attempt to get back to the Spotimc window will crash it. The next release will include a fix for this crash issue, and add support for running Spotimc in the background.

(2013-06-28, 17:37)debennett2 Wrote: I get some error saying something regarding a PVR addon not be enabled every time I go to attempt to enter my login credentials for the first time so I have yet to actually get to use the plugin.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a workaround?

I've duplicated with several versions of Frodo 12.1, 12.2 and a couple releases of Gotham.\

Thanks,

Dan
Hi Dan, this issue is new to me. Furthermore, and since Spotimc has nothing to do with PVR addons sounds pretty strange. Could you please post a pastebin of the log file that gets generated? Thanks in advance...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-23, 20:36)raydekok Wrote: new to this but realy want it working. i use xbmc on a raspberry pi xbian. installing this addon will let me use spotify. but how to remote it? yatse wont work.

If you manualy load a playlist in SpotiMC, Yatse will display it and let you skip/browse your playlistsongs (you´re limited to the songs in your playlist but if you can live with that, it looks and feel great in Yatse)

There may be some problems with big playlisst i have not figured out the magic number but if you have around 1000 songs there will be some display issues in Yatse with strange names, but i have not tried to load such big playlists in a long time, and during that time Yatse have had several updates. it may work better now. i usualy have <400 songs in one list

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - nipnup - 2013-06-30

Awesome plugin -not having read the 72pages, please forgive me if that is a FAQ (quick google did not yield much). On Windows 7, I get a 1-3s interruption after starting playback of a song (sound for 1 second, then interruption, then it plays just fine). Anything I can do there?

[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Mati24 - 2013-07-05

Is it possible to return in Xbmc menus during the playback ? Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-07-05

(2013-06-30, 12:21)nipnup Wrote: Awesome plugin -not having read the 72pages, please forgive me if that is a FAQ (quick google did not yield much). On Windows 7, I get a 1-3s interruption after starting playback of a song (sound for 1 second, then interruption, then it plays just fine). Anything I can do there?
This issue is new to me, I've never heard of it before. It could be related to some buffer underrun on the initial seconds of the track. Does it happen on every track or just on the first one of the sequence? Also, a pastebin of the log file it gets produced would help further debugging.

(2013-07-05, 17:59)Mati24 Wrote: Is it possible to return in Xbmc menus during the playback ? Thanks

Quoting a previous answer:
Quote:The fact is that you can "minimize" it in various ways, but any latter attempt to get back to the Spotimc window will crash it. The next release will include a fix for this crash issue, and add support for running Spotimc in the background.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - nipnup - 2013-07-09

The gap happens with every track (I don't have the same issue with Spotify itself so I doubt it is a network issue). Will try to get a log up as soon as I am back home

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - knugen - 2013-07-10

This is a great addon. Spotify is a must on a HTPC.

I would really like to keep XBMC/Windows from going into hibernation/sleep when playing music. For example, the sleep function doesn't kick in when you watch a video. It should be the same in this addon, when playing music.

Much appreciated Smile

Btw, you should open a founding/contribute-account and let people help you getting the time to fine-tune this app.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - miniburk - 2013-07-12

I searched for an answer but couldn't find any in this thread.

Sometimes when I play music it works great, but like, every third or second track, an issue appear. It plays the music in three sec, then the sound disappear. It still count the seconds into the song but no sound.

Regards PB

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Mati24 - 2013-07-12

I have the same problem sometimes

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - moonwalker - 2013-07-12

Wow!! You've made my day!!!
Running perfectly on Crystalbuntu 2 with Frodo 12.2.
Bello as skin.

Thank you very much!!!!!