Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - TrailFoX - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 20:43)jdembski Wrote: Sorry, das hat dann nichts mit dem Addon zu tun, Du solltest vielleicht ein Trac-Ticket aufmachen.

Benutzt Du zufällig Aeon MQ4? Falls ja, dann habe ich das da auch schon beobachtet.

Trotzdem sollte hier auf Englisch geschrieben werden, es wäre unfair den anderen gegenüber.

---------------------------------
For the english users (sorry for the german detour - we will continue in german): TrailFox reported that the LiveTV looks not very clear, but "foggy". As the addon doesn't handle the video streams I think he should open a ticket in trac. If he is using Aeon MQ4 then he should try the default skin as I have noticed something similar in the LiveTV-View of Aeon MQ4 before...

yes the problem is from aeon mq4 thx

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 22:17)Leatherface Wrote: I don't know if it's only here but grabbing EPG is really slow with todays git.

If you are referring to my repository then this is quite possible, as I needed to introduce some locks to get rid of crashes. I will have to re-think how I'm processing EPG updates better, but this will take a while.

Is it very bad, or at least still usable?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2012-10-11

Not sure if it's because of your repo because whole XBMC hangs and is slow right now.
EDIT: Removed pvr plugins and big problems playing any videofiles so something is fucked up here.
EDIT2: Tried to disable vaapi and now they plays fine hmms tried to play a little with external ffmpeg so must be that.
Strange thing is that i last time compiled with XBMC's FFmpeg again hmms.
Reason for playing with that is my Teletext problem.
EDIT3: Strange had to remove whole .xbmc directory again hmms
EDIT4: But seems start hanging again when it's scanning Video, TV etc.
If i do something it can take 30 seconds before something happens for example.
EDIT5: If i remove all pvr addons it seems to work as it should again hmms.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Milo72 - 2012-10-12

Hallo Everybody,

just wanna thank you for this great addon, I use the version 0.28 from the first post with an VU+ Solo and it works really great !! Tried out dvblink addon as well, because i used that with wmc7. There are worlds between those two. With Vu+ I have channel switch times from about a second, and it´s almost 100 percent stable !! If I could state a wish...Would it be possible to get a "Delete" button for the "recordings" subsection. I would love to mark a recording, open INFO and get the chance to delete the recording. Thanks again and sorry for my bad english

Beste Regards

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 11:18)Milo72 Wrote: Hallo Everybody,

just wanna thank you for this great addon, I use the version 0.28 from the first post with an VU+ Solo and it works really great !! Tried out dvblink addon as well, because i used that with wmc7. There are worlds between those two. With Vu+ I have channel switch times from about a second, and it´s almost 100 percent stable !! If I could state a wish...Would it be possible to get a "Delete" button for the "recordings" subsection. I would love to mark a recording, open INFO and get the chance to delete the recording. Thanks again and sorry for my bad english

Beste Regards

If you open the context-menu on a recording you should already be able to delete the recording.

@Leatherface:
So is it working now? If not, then maybe I put a lock too many into the code :/ What do you think? (EPG is slower, but better to have a slower EPG than having it possibly crash, right?)
(2012-10-11, 22:25)TrailFoX Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 20:43)jdembski Wrote: Sorry, das hat dann nichts mit dem Addon zu tun, Du solltest vielleicht ein Trac-Ticket aufmachen.

Benutzt Du zufällig Aeon MQ4? Falls ja, dann habe ich das da auch schon beobachtet.

Trotzdem sollte hier auf Englisch geschrieben werden, es wäre unfair den anderen gegenüber.

---------------------------------
For the english users (sorry for the german detour - we will continue in german): TrailFox reported that the LiveTV looks not very clear, but "foggy". As the addon doesn't handle the video streams I think he should open a ticket in trac. If he is using Aeon MQ4 then he should try the default skin as I have noticed something similar in the LiveTV-View of Aeon MQ4 before...

yes the problem is from aeon mq4 thx

Can you maybe report this problem in the AEON MQ4 Thread? Maybe the skin author can fix it...

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 11:24)jdembski Wrote: @Leatherface:
So is it working now? If not, then maybe I put a lock too many into the code :/ What do you think? (EPG is slower, but better to have a slower EPG than having it possibly crash, right?
It's not only that it's slow. XBMC is toally unusable with pvr-addons enabled. It hangs whole time and can't play any videos or channels because they hangs too.
Can't even move the mouse pointer when it hangs. The strange thing is that it happens on both opdenkamps and your master branch that worked fine for a day ago. I had to remove whole .xbmc dir and now it seems to work if i disable pvr addons but still some hangs sometimes.
I think the problem is XBMC master. I have tried both XBMC's and external FFmpeg and same thing happens so it's not that either.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-12

Code:
The strange thing is that it happens on borth opdenkamps and yourt master branch that worked fine for a day ago.

While this is of course not nice it sounds that it is not related to my latest changes, which is good Smile

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2012-10-12

XBMC is atleast usable again now with a new .xbmc.
Maybe they changed something that your PVR addon not likes?
My feeling is that it's maybe something with the databases hmms.

(2012-10-12, 11:50)Leatherface Wrote: XBMC is atleast usable again now with a new .xbmc.

You could try the latest additions from the "fixwindows" branch - at least under windows I don't have any of these "lags" you mentined.

Edit: I tested it now under Ubuntu, too - working fine.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Bkam - 2012-10-12

Leatherface thx for the link,

/usr/share/enigma/picon is standard. (i only have a enigma2 folder but here is no picon in there) do i need to run an app om my dreambox before i can use logos?

When i open the options for a channel i see a options for thumbnail , is that the thumbnail for the channel where i can take a jpg as a channel logo?

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 13:29)Bkam Wrote: Leatherface thx for the link, /usr/share/enigma/picon is standard. (i only have a enigma2 folder but here is no picon in there) do i need to run an app om my dreambox before i can use logos?

When i open the options for a channel i se a options for thumbnail , is that the thumbnail for the channel where i can take a jpg as a channel logo? (tried it and it dont work)

Copy the picons onto your XBMC machine, set the folder in the addon settings and reset the PVR database - then you should see the picons.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Bkam - 2012-10-12

jdembski thx Smile

Is there any way to add a bigger buffert size? it buffers every 20-30s and its just a small buffert it count up to 13% and its done
i added my log file if you can see anything in it

http://pastebin.com/B62QdXtT

(2012-10-12, 12:43)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 11:50)Leatherface Wrote: XBMC is atleast usable again now with a new .xbmc.

You could try the latest additions from the "fixwindows" branch - at least under windows I don't have any of these "lags" you mentined.

Edit: I tested it now under Ubuntu, too - working fine.
Still same thing here. When it does something scanning,grabbing EPG,i change any option in the menus it just freeze for me.

Some ideas

For bkam's problem maybe an option for how big buffer you want.

Option to grab picons from the box with correct paths and with options to use service references or channelnames as filename.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2012-10-13

I found my problems now, i had activated hts client and not disable it again when changing back to Vu+/Enigma2 pvr client and that caused XBMC to freeze.
Still it's a bug that should be fixed in XBMC but i atleast know what the problem was now Smile

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - soussef24 - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-09, 20:23)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 14:37)soussef24 Wrote: Hi jdembski,

Are you having any troubles switching channels outside the main channel list (the one with the channel preview), because on my end trying to switch directly using the arrows keys of my remote control, using the up/down buttons on the OSD Menu, or using the minimal channel list always ends up with XBMC hanging...

Not sure if this is particular to your addon or really a general PVR issue!

Hi,

I can confirm that it crashes, BUT: using a current XBMC from this morning it doesn't crash anymore. Can you confirm this?

I'm now using Openelec 1.99.2 (RC2), tried to test several times using either the OSD's Up/Down buttons or Up/Down on the remote, and it doesn't hang, but also it doesn't switch channel, it somehow tries but then returns to the channel list or to the first menu... Someone from this forum thread seems to have pushed some corrections, maybe you are using a later version to the one I'm using on 1.99.2 that includes the corrections...