Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2013-02-20

No problems with using webinterface at same time as XBMC as long you don't stream more channels the tuners can handle.
If it doesn't work it must be something with the software on your box.
Last time i checked i had no problem to view all channels in timeline either.
Maybe a problem with openPLI maybe because it's based on old Enigma2 code that they continued develop themself.
I use LT image that is based on original DMM image.
But still it should work i can't remember i have had any problems earlier and when i did extreme test on my box i could stream 5 channels without problems at same time with some of the channels on same mux/transponder so that's why it's possible.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - coercity - 2013-02-23

hi thanks for this plugin that changed many things for xbmc !!
By the way, do sat radios work ? I can't import radio bouquets ? Am i doing omething wrong ?
thanks

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - niemand0815 - 2013-02-25

i just got a raspberry pi and try to use xbmc with my dm8000 box with this addon via xbian (also tried openelec and raspbmc)
i also purchase a mpeg license and installed it.
pi is connected via lan to the dm8000.
streaming works fine to pc and to blueray player with hd.

now i have got some streaming problems (blocks, "smearing") when watching hd streams with xbmc.
sd streaming works fine.

any idea on why this does not work?

EDIT:
additional comment... when playing the same type as a recording from the box with the plugin, it works fine.
i bet there is some issue that the raspi does not recognice the streamed file as file which can be decoded by the gpu?

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-03-02

(2013-01-24, 15:02)spannerz Wrote: Guys

I have the following setup... VuPlus Solo2 with a number of Raspberry Pi's (openelc) around the house streaming from this box.

This work great (with a few minor niggles) - however there is one issue which is causing me problems (i.e. irritating the wife).

If we are watching a stream (either liveTV or a recording) on XBMC and the VuPlus box starts another recording, the stream we are watching stops. This generally results in a static frame and no sound (sometimes a loop of sound occurs)... if I "stop" and then "play" on XBMC, the stream works (and doesn't impact the recording), so it isn't a limitation of the box or dish (I have two tuners)

I am not sure if this issue is at the XBMC/RPi side or the VuPlus - you would have thought that starting the recording wouldn't impact in any way a pre-existing stream, so it would appear the VuPlus box is doing "something" to trigger this failure (i.e. starting a recording should be transparent to streaming clients) - but equally, XBMC/PVR client shouldn't stop the stream (it has been known to require a full power cycle)

Any ideas - anyone using the above setup?

For clarity, I am using two fairly recent (but different) nightly builds of OpenElec, both have the same symptoms. On the Solo2 I have the latest BH image.

Thanks

Sz

Just FYI: today I switched from VTI to openVIX, and it looks like the streams are no longer interrupted when a recording starts / ends.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - dustShadow - 2013-03-07

I'm using the plugin om Windows 7 XBMC machine to connect to a VuDuo with OpenPLI installed. In general it works very well, so thank you for this little gem.
There are two issues that annoy me a little bit however:
- Is it in any way possible to disable the Recording Completed/Deleted/.. pop-ups? I share the VuDuo with other people, and I see pop-ups coming by all the time that don't really interest me.
- When I use the plug-in to stream a HD channel, I'm getting regularly some stutters. If I stream directly into XBMC (using SRTM files) I get a lot less stutters on the same channel, at the same time. Could it be that the plug-in buffers less than default XBMC streaming? (unrelated to the question above, it also happens if there is no one else using the box)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - stubs - 2013-03-11

I understand from reading through this thread that this addon is still being worked on, and some of the questions I had were already addressed.

However I'm not sure if I've missed it, or if it's not been asked yet but is there a way to prevent XBMC from having to reload the channel list & EPG from scratch every time it boots up?

For some reason, although XBMC loads all the channels, it doesn't always load all my channel groups. I sometimes have to reboot the XBMC a couple of times for it to work - it's very random.

It would be handy if it would pick up where it left off so to speak...

Also, is there still plans to impliment the pause & rewind options? And to speed up the channel switching (buffering issue?) ?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2013-03-12

All addons and XBMC itself are always WIP Big Grin
No problems with loading channels here maybe you should reset pvr database.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - stubs - 2013-03-12

Thanks, I've tried that loads of time but it doesnt seem to make it load all the groups in every time.
To be honest though, I'm not too fussed about that just yet.. it may be because I'm not on the latest version of XBMC, as I don't get this issue when using the latest version on my mac.
My main concern is the amount of time it takes to start up and do all the importing... just wondered if this could be avoided by XBMC somehow keeping all the channel & epg data during a reboot.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - brownbear1984 - 2013-03-14

Just a heads up i think the latest changes to Openwebif break the vu+ pvr addon in xbmc. I updated my Vu+ duo (to openvix 3.0.632) yesterday and all i get in xbmc is messages saying connection lost. Luckily i had made a backup of the previous version (Openvix 3.0.629) before i upgraded and managed to rollback and all works fine.

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 23:05)brownbear1984 Wrote: Just a heads up i think the latest changes to Openwebif break the vu+ pvr addon in xbmc. I updated my Vu+ duo (to openvix 3.0.632) yesterday and all i get in xbmc is messages saying connection lost. Luckily i had made a backup of the previous version (Openvix 3.0.629) before i upgraded and managed to rollback and all works fine.

I'm going to upgrade to 3.0.629 soon (I hope Saturday, latest).

I will have a look then; thanks for the heads up!

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - brownbear1984 - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 23:20)jdembski Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 23:05)brownbear1984 Wrote: Just a heads up i think the latest changes to Openwebif break the vu+ pvr addon in xbmc. I updated my Vu+ duo (to openvix 3.0.632) yesterday and all i get in xbmc is messages saying connection lost. Luckily i had made a backup of the previous version (Openvix 3.0.629) before i upgraded and managed to rollback and all works fine.

Well the latest on the Openvix downloads website is 3.0.627 so should be ok. I usually do my updates OTA

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 23:30)brownbear1984 Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 23:20)jdembski Wrote:

Well the latest on the Openvix downloads website is 3.0.627 so should be ok. I usually do my updates OTA

I will upgrade to the latest one available.

Because of the missus I won't be able to install each update as it rolls out though; I can already hear her asking me "why are you changing it, it does work, doesn't it?" Smile

(2013-03-14, 23:45)jdembski Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 23:30)brownbear1984 Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 23:20)jdembski Wrote: I'm going to upgrade to 3.0.629 soon (I hope Saturday, latest).

I will upgrade to the latest one available.

Because of the missus I won't be able to install each update as it rolls out though; I can already hear her asking me "why are you changing it, it does work, doesn't it?" Smile

lol i know exactly what you mean although i usually wait till mine's in bed

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - spannerz - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-02, 20:34)jdembski Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 15:02)spannerz Wrote: Guys

I have the following setup... VuPlus Solo2 with a number of Raspberry Pi's (openelc) around the house streaming from this box.

This work great (with a few minor niggles) - however there is one issue which is causing me problems (i.e. irritating the wife).

If we are watching a stream (either liveTV or a recording) on XBMC and the VuPlus box starts another recording, the stream we are watching stops. This generally results in a static frame and no sound (sometimes a loop of sound occurs)... if I "stop" and then "play" on XBMC, the stream works (and doesn't impact the recording), so it isn't a limitation of the box or dish (I have two tuners)

I am not sure if this issue is at the XBMC/RPi side or the VuPlus - you would have thought that starting the recording wouldn't impact in any way a pre-existing stream, so it would appear the VuPlus box is doing "something" to trigger this failure (i.e. starting a recording should be transparent to streaming clients) - but equally, XBMC/PVR client shouldn't stop the stream (it has been known to require a full power cycle)

Any ideas - anyone using the above setup?

For clarity, I am using two fairly recent (but different) nightly builds of OpenElec, both have the same symptoms. On the Solo2 I have the latest BH image.

Thanks

Sz

Just FYI: today I switched from VTI to openVIX, and it looks like the streams are no longer interrupted when a recording starts / ends.

Thanks, I'll give it a go....

Can you do me a favour and have a read of this post.

I am having lots of problems with broken audio on recent versions of XBMC, specifically on a couple of cartoon channels in the UK (NickJr etc) .... have you come across anything similar (I don't suppose you are in the UK?)

Thanks

Sz

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - dr88dr88 - 2013-03-16

I have installed the PVR add-on and almost everything is working but radio is not working. I donĀ“t get the radio channels from my new Vu+ solo2. In the Open WebIF interface the radio channels are there. I am using the latest nightly build of OpenPLI.