Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG (/showthread.php?tid=125574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - leepenny - 2012-12-20

Is there any way to delay the caching of images when xbmc starts as it really makes my system hang when using aeon nox
(nox uses a delay at boot to run scripts and seems to slow the caching procedure)
even it is just a quick hack to delay the caching process would be most appreciated

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 14:41)DiMag Wrote: dj_gerbil, does your script work with frodo?

It SHOULD do, we've been testing with nightlies etc and it seems to work. Best thing is to try it and if it doesn't, paste your log so we can see what's wrong.

(2012-12-20, 19:13)leepenny Wrote: Is there any way to delay the caching of images when xbmc starts as it really makes my system hang when using aeon nox
(nox uses a delay at boot to run scripts and seems to slow the caching procedure)
even it is just a quick hack to delay the caching process would be most appreciated

I'm not 100% sure, but I didn't think it cached the logo's until you tried loading the guide. It should also only cache misssing logo's, of which the inSportive one I've just added.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - leepenny - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-20, 21:29)dj_gerbil Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 14:41)DiMag Wrote: dj_gerbil, does your script work with frodo?

It SHOULD do, we've been testing with nightlies etc and it seems to work. Best thing is to try it and if it doesn't, paste your log so we can see what's wrong.

(2012-12-20, 19:13)leepenny Wrote: Is there any way to delay the caching of images when xbmc starts as it really makes my system hang when using aeon nox

I'm not 100% sure, but I didn't think it cached the logo's until you tried loading the guide. It should also only cache misssing logo's, of which the inSportive one I've just added.

yes it is just the insportive logo that caches but does interfere (somehow) with the start procedure of aeon nox

(works fine in cofluence)

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-12-21

Ok, I'll look into it and see if anything jumps out. I'm wondering if Nox is using the same ID's as us on some of their windows.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-01-08

Ok, I've just released the latest update. There's a few changes, most noticeably a new Default Skin (thanks to tonemapped for this one). Other things include when you turn a channel off with the settings it no longer downloads listings for that channel (great for channels you're unlikely to watch) and it now gets your region from your TVC profile so your listings match your chosen ITV stream. As usual, let us know of any bugs that come up Smile

We would actively encourage people to update to this version as we've changed the way the plugin communicates with the server to try and sort some of the issues people have been seeing.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - leepenny - 2013-01-13

Thanks no issues here

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Cyberkid2002 - 2013-01-16

Just wondered if anyone is having issues with this tonight?

At first I couldnt get the stream to load. Wasnt sure if it was something corrupt my end so tried deleting the plugin data from userdata > addon data and now I can't even load the EPG... seems to try and download the guide from radiotimes but fails...

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-01-16

One of the servers I use is buggered and's taken down both plugins. As a fix I've got the old plugin working temporally, but it'll require a little tweak to the plugin to make it work for people.

If you edit default.py and find the line
Code:
messageID = TVC.checkLatestMessage()
and change it to
Code:
messageID = '0' #TVC.checkLatestMessage()
This should allow you to use the old plugin. The EPG one is a bigger issue, I've spoken to someone that has access to the server and he's trying to sort it.

Edit: Ok, the servers back up and so's the old plugin. The EPG one had a bug in it but I've now fixed it and released it as 2.1.31. The only bug still standing that I'm currently fixing is the +1 channels aren't getting any listings, but I'm working on a fix right now.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Cyberkid2002 - 2013-01-17

thanks for the update... very much appreciated and thanks for your hardwork and the great plugin

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-21

Running for the first time

windwos xp, frodo rc2, quartz skin.

is there anyway of stopping the addon from downloading data for every single channel? it took an hour the first time, but still showed up with just red lines in the epg instead of programmes.

do i need to be running two addons or can i just run this "TVCatchup 2.0 with EPG" one alone?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-01-21

No, you don't need both plugins. The server I use fell other day so it was moved last night to a new one. As a result the plugin may have been doing some weird stuff. If you find its doing weird things, try going to http://sohamcomputerservices.co.uk/xbmc-epg/ and see if the Exception Viewer loads. If it doesn't then you may need to wait for your DNS to update.

(2013-01-21, 09:36)dj_gerbil Wrote: No, you don't need both plugins. The server I use fell other day so it was moved last night to a new one. As a result the plugin may have been doing some weird stuff. If you find its doing weird things, try going to http://sohamcomputerservices.co.uk/xbmc-epg/ and see if the Exception Viewer loads. If it doesn't then you may need to wait for your DNS to update.

thanks, i tried the link but...

"This Site Has Been Moved to a New Server.

It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache."tried again today, cleared my cache half way through and eg
pg update, and all seems t be working this time!

thanks again

any idea why cbeebies doesnt show in my epg even when ticked in the settings?

[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - syborg - 2013-01-21

I have recently invested in a second xbmc box for the bedroom I was wondering whether there was any way to share notifications across different machines. Would a symbolic link somewhere in the second boxes code to the XML in the first box work?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 12:26)thebearnecessit Wrote: any idea why cbeebies doesnt show in my epg even when ticked in the settings?

Not a clue as it's displaying here. Can you post a copy of your log file so I can see if there are any clues.

(2013-01-21, 15:28)syborg Wrote: I have recently invested in a second xbmc box for the bedroom I was wondering whether there was any way to share notifications across different machines. Would a symbolic link somewhere in the second boxes code to the XML in the first box work?

In theory, yes. In theory if you were to share the userdata/app_data/script.tvcatchup then it should be able to share the database. I say "In theory" as I've never tried to do it. All I can say is try it and see Smile