Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=127670)

RE: Rom Collection Browser support coming up - deh2k7 - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-19, 20:59)Big_Noid Wrote: Image

Wow BN, you are the man! I just started playing with Advanced launcher this week and support was actually OK, not perfect, especially for SNES titles, but it was already working well enough to use. I assume if you are supporting ROM Collection Browser, the same will apply to Advanced Launcher?

RE: Rom Collection Browser support coming up - phil65 - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-19, 22:49)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 20:59)Big_Noid Wrote: Image

Wow BN, you are the man! I just started playing with Advanced launcher this week and support was actually OK, not perfect, especially for SNES titles, but it was already working well enough to use. I assume if you are supporting ROM Collection Browser, the same will apply to Advanced Launcher?

no, rcb is a script, adv. launcher a plugin. have to be treated completely differently. support for both must be added seperately.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-04-19

Actually I'm thinking only poster support for advanced launcher and rcb will have a few poster viewtypes added as well. But snes thumb size for advanced launcher is not really working out and i dont think any emulator has square thumbs. For custom launchers within ALA its best to use list view without rounded covers to keep aspect.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BadBradc - 2012-04-19

Hey BN and phil,

I love the new Episode view and am using it for both TV Shows and Movies. Would you mind making this available in the music section as well? I'd like to have the artist logos on the right, the large fanart in the background and the option to toggle thumb/poster on/off which is exaclty what the episode view gives me for Movies and TV Shows. Thanks for eveything so far.

Brad

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-19, 23:48)BadBradc Wrote: Hey BN and phil,

I love the new Episode view and am using it for both TV Shows and Movies. Would you mind making this available in the music section as well? I'd like to have the artist logos on the right, the large fanart in the background and the option to toggle thumb/poster on/off which is exaclty what the episode view gives me for Movies and TV Shows. Thanks for eveything so far.

Brad

yes, will add that think.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - deh2k7 - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-19, 23:26)Big_Noid Wrote: Actually I'm thinking only poster support for advanced launcher and rcb will have a few poster viewtypes added as well. But snes thumb size for advanced launcher is not really working out and i dont think any emulator has square thumbs. For custom launchers within ALA its best to use list view without rounded covers to keep aspect.

I'm not set on either AL or RCB. I'm open to advice on which you guys think is better, and which you would prefer to support. I'm happy to try out either/both, based on where you would prefer to put your efforts. I'll be more than happy to help you test out the changes/additions and provide feedback.

I plan on having MAME, NES, SNES, GC, Wii, Genesis, possibly Xbox and PS, and probably a couple . I already have a library of games for most of these.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - htpc guy - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-19, 23:26)Big_Noid Wrote: Actually I'm thinking only poster support for advanced launcher and rcb will have a few poster viewtypes added as well. But snes thumb size for advanced launcher is not really working out and i dont think any emulator has square thumbs. For custom launchers within ALA its best to use list view without rounded covers to keep aspect.

PS1 has square thumbs. They shipped as cd cases.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - bigbodiehard - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-19, 22:24)bigbodiehard Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 22:16)Big_Noid Wrote: unless you want to hack xmls its better to set flatten tvshows to 'only if one season'.

I don't mind hacking xml what line of code should I look out for?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - hunkyn - 2012-04-20

Guys i enabled comics sections through setting but i do not see that when i go to home screen. Is there any setting i am missing?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-04-20

you have to set a custom path in main menu customizer.
EDIT: had a bug. git pull and try again.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - st graveyard - 2012-04-20

Hey BN,

Keep in mind RCB supports preview movies, box art, posters and lots more (in the detail window). IMO there is only one view to best support the art functionalities in RCB ... Showcase ... box below, preview movie in the description field next to description and 4 other pieces of art in the detail window. Ffanart can go in the background.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Now this thread is really getting exciting ;-)

Cheers,
Grave

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - explodedk - 2012-04-20

hmmm. i just did a git pull - and now i miss the "more settings" in all views both for tv and movies. you moved it or did i do something wrong?

i talk about the part where you can choose to enable fanart1/2, extra fanart, use poster.jpg etc.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-20, 08:33)st graveyard Wrote: Hey BN,

Keep in mind RCB supports preview movies, box art, posters and lots more (in the detail window). IMO there is only one view to best support the art functionalities in RCB ... Showcase ... box below, preview movie in the description field next to description and 4 other pieces of art in the detail window. Ffanart can go in the background.

Cheers,
Grave
Yes, showcase will be added, both poster and square. The detail window still needs to be skinned, but if you use it now it just uses the default skin. Detail window will be problematic to skin for all different thumb sizes, but my intention is to skin that as well. I have not found a way to show preview movies with the roms i have so if you know one that does please let me know so i can test that.
(2012-04-20, 08:33)explodedk Wrote: hmmm. i just did a git pull - and now i miss the "more settings" in all views both for tv and movies. you moved it or did i do something wrong?

i talk about the part where you can choose to enable fanart1/2, extra fanart, use poster.jpg etc.
Probably you enabled kiosk mode in general skin settings.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - explodedk - 2012-04-20

Quote:Probably you enabled kiosk mode in general skin settings.

doh... i sure did. thanks !

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - st graveyard - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-20, 09:45)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 08:33)st graveyard Wrote: Hey BN,

Cheers,
Grave
Yes, showcase will be added, both poster and square. The detail window still needs to be skinned, but if you use it now it just uses the default skin. Detail window will be problematic to skin for all different thumb sizes, but my intention is to skin that as well. I have not found a way to show preview movies with the roms i have so if you know one that does please let me know so i can test that.

Hey BN,

I have the preview movies up and running in MQ3 in showcase view. Works like a charm. You have MQ3 to test? Also, the detail window is done pretty good. I have the box front and back (as well for SNES as MEGADRIVE : totally different packaging) and the title screens and action screenshot linked in the detail window using MQ3. All different sizes, looks good in my book. Maybe this can be of some inspiration? I'm at work now but I can always sent you some screenshots later...

Let me know what you think,

Grave