Kodi Community Forum
How to open an album ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How to open an album ? (/showthread.php?tid=128741)

How to open an album ? - slinuxgeek - 2012-04-13

How can we open an album which will display all the songs of the album in a window , on click of a button?

Suppose album name is "KARUNA" then what to write in onclick :

<control type="button">
<onclick> Huh </onclick>
</control>

ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Albums,KARUNA) does not work , I know it is wrong way ,but there should be some way.

Pease please help , and please do not say it's not possible.

Thanks.

How to open an album ? - pecinko - 2012-04-13

From where? Home page? Is that karuna a variable?

RE: How to open an album ? - butchabay - 2012-04-13

I'm not sure we understand what you're trying to do, but most functions you are trying to change are build in functions of xbmc and this is simply not possible via skinning.

So if you click on an album it opens it and shows the songlist inside. Why you should add an onclick ?

RE: How to open an album ? - slinuxgeek - 2012-04-13

No "karuna" is album name , I want to open that album with its contents(songs) to play any one out of them.

The button can be any where , in any .xml file(means any window).

I think it should not matter , where the button is , because ActivateWindow(parameter) searches for specific .xml file
and presents that in form of window to the user.

For example when we write ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Albums) it searches MyMusicNav.xml and displays all albums.
but I want to open an album , when I know it's name.

Thanks.
@butchabay , I am told to make such a skin in which currently playing song along with music control buttons is always displayed at bottom , along with the album art of currently playing album.

And user should be able to click on the album art , which will open same album with list of songs , so the user can select another song of the same album directly.

Thank You.

So what you mean is the now playing screen. Press "C" Contex menu and go to "Now Playing"

Try it out and tell us if it's that you intend.

How to open an album ? - pecinko - 2012-04-13

Not possible, xbmc does not work like that. You can not arbitrarily list DB on given attribute. You can open playlist, see butchabay's post.

@butchabay No the "Now Playing" displays many songs from different albums , in playlist.

But I want to display all songs of the same album , from which the current song is playing.

Thanks.

Yes, but i think that's the only way in that direction.
Btw you never told you're using playlists ... Smile

No I switched to Confluence to see what "Now Playing" displays...

(2012-04-13, 10:58)slinuxgeek Wrote: No I switched to Confluence to see what "Now Playing" displays...

Huh

RE: How to open an album ? - pecinko - 2012-04-13

"Now Playing" opens MyMusicPlaylist.xml screen, which contains currently queued songs (based on playlist, queued album, etc.)