Kodi Community Forum
Release Lightbox Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Lightbox Skin (/showthread.php?tid=128852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - pointage - 2013-03-05

Hi there,

I currently have this skin installed on RASPBMC and it looks fantastic is there any way to add shortcuts to the home screen or the tiles in the video menu.
I use iplayer etc quite alot and really love this skin however it would be fantastic to have the shorcuts to avoid navigating through the various menus.

Many thanks

Pointage

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - Styler - 2013-03-05

(2013-01-18, 17:24)niamu Wrote: I have been making many more changes to Tree_Jammer's Lightbox skin for those of you that aren't watching my github page: https://github.com/niamu/skin.nbox

I have added Video Add-ons to the homepage and coded MANY dialog windows. I would like to say all of the dialogs are coded, but there's always more. lol

I've recently been working on the music section and then I will move on to the big step of starting PVR.

I have been meaning to make a video of what the skin looks like with all of these changes, but every time I think about showing you guys what has changed I think about what I still have left to do, so download a copy if you're curious and want to offer some suggestions.

@sav25: I haven't added in favourites yet mostly because I'm not sure where to put it. Download a zip of what I have so far and maybe offer a suggestion. I've seen people put favourites in the shutdown dialog before, but that doesn't feel right for this skin. Let me know what you think.

Hi niamu

This skin is looking great! Keep up the good work! Smile

I've been playing around with it and have a few comments and suggestions in the descriptions of the following screenshots:

watch gallery

I plan on testing it on my Raspberry Pi tonight. Hopefully its nice and fast. Smile

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - niamu - 2013-03-05

Hey everyone,

I have been slacking recently as the project got to the point where it met all my needs and I spent more time watching things on XBMC than coding it. I'll try to polish up the last few bits, but I think I've run out of steam on this. Any coders out there that want to take it and add more features are more than welcome to. I like to think that the code is pretty clean and easy to hack.

Tree_Jammer is still MIA, but hopefully just busy with other cool projects at the moment and will return to finish this skin. Smile

@pointage, I have no plans to do the work for coding shortcuts for various apps on the home screen. Not even sure how I would make that look. My interest has only ever been to support the core features of XBMC. Other projects do allow much more versatility, but I just don't have the energy to build all of that when it won't be something I'll personally use. Sorry.

@Styler,

Screenshot 1: Yes, I am aware of the description box size being different on some pages. It was a question of maintaining consistency with the thumbnail and poster sizes throughout or the description box size. I chose the former as being more important.

Screenshot 2: That is an animation bug that I'll look at fixing or changing. I was mostly just playing around with things at the time. The poster is the series poster by choice as I don't like the season posters for a lot of shows. Tongue

Screenshot 3: I actually have no idea how you got this screen. XBMC bug?

Screenshot 4: The scrolling animation on the home page is from Tree_Jammer and I'm trying not to change too much from their design. I wanted this to be less of a mod and more of a continuation of the vision. I will look into the "Now Playing" section and make it clickable to return to the currently playing video. Currently I just use the "m" key to access the current media on any screen.

Screenshot 5: Ok, I'm guilty of changing the weather page a lot, but I felt it needed to look a bit more consistent with the other views, however I left the fanart that Tree_Jammer had placed there. Fanart can be globally turned off in the skin settings, but I assume if you have it turned on in one view, you want it turned on in all views.

Expect at least one more big post from me and then I'll bow out. It's been fun and educational, but I don't want this to feel like I'm stealing anything away from Tree_Jammer. Just pushing things along in his/her absence.

Cheers!

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - onirosco - 2013-03-05

Hi niamu

Perhaps you could help me... I am using nbox skin (which looks very nice, good work) but i cannot figure out how to have music fanart on the main menu... i have movies and tv shows but no music...

thanks in advance
onirosco

@niamu

With regards to Screenshot 3: I had episode 1 highlighted as seen in Screenshot 2 and then used my keyboard left arrow to highlight the blank box to the left of episode 1. If you hit the enter key it takes you back to the season select screen.

Thanks for continuing to work on this skin. I look forward to the update. Smile

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - niamu - 2013-03-05

@onirosco, the music fanart in XBMC is unfortunately only accessible on the Artist view as far as I know. You need to set fanart for the artist. But, I haven't coded an artist page in the skin because I'm lazy and can't make it look as good as I want to. I'd suggest switching to Confluence and managing fanart and then switch back. Sorry about that.

---

@Styler,

I'd recommend just turning off "Show parent folder items" in settings: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Appearance#File_lists

Then just use your backspace or back key to go back up the list. It will look cleaner and function much better.

I'm not sure what causes this issue at the moment.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - onirosco - 2013-03-05

@niamu

all sorted... my mistake... i had been listening to music that isn't so well known and so had no fanart. hadn't heard Avril Lavine in ages so put that on and bam! a nice big fanart pic popped up... actually a really nice pic, going to have to listen to her more often now... Wink

thanks anyway...

one thing though, request actually... could you add an "EXIT" to the power menu? i use xbmcbuntu and sometimes need to exit (log out) to get on to the desktop. not a big deal as i do just swap to confluence to do this.

cheers
onirosco

@niamu

Awesome! I disabled the parent folder items and now it looks much cleaner. Thanks for the tip. Smile

I'm busy testing it on my Raspberry Pi at the moment. Its very smooth except for the transition away from or to the home screen. Seems like there is a big pause with an empty screen before text and images appear again. This is not unique to nbox tho - I've found it on all the skins I've tested thus far. Its pretty annoying. :/

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - neunzehn82 - 2013-03-05

Hi,

i also tried it on my RPi and i'm very impressed. The skin runs very smoth at the moment. Some little things are slow, but thats the problem of the RPi. Is it possible to open the "all move/tv show" screen if i chose the main menu on the left? ATM it opens the genre selection.

Keep on the great work!

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - username145 - 2013-03-06

Niamu, is there any plan in your update to complete PVR support? The "channel list" dialogue isn't skinned (press "c" while watching a channel) as well as the EPG. And I don't know if this is intended, but plot information doesn't show when pressing "i" when watching TV/local content, only a tag line and title. I think your work has been fantastic thus far, and understand if it's all too much to do, so i'm "just asking" Tongue

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - niamu - 2013-03-06

@neunzehn82 Can you describe your problem a little more? I don't quite understand what you're seeing. Maybe PM me with a recording of your screen or some pictures.

@username145 I am working on PVR. Just yesterday I pushed an update that gets a lot of the styling basics done for many of the PVR views. I have to say, there's a reason you don't see many skins with PVR support. It is a pain and hard to fit in with the style of the rest of the skin. I'll do my best, but I'll say right now that I likely won't be able to get PVR to 100%, but hopefully to a working state at least where it is mostly functional.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - username145 - 2013-03-07

Thankyou really appreciate this, just saw the latest git changes, will test when I get home Smile

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - username145 - 2013-03-07

That's some serious progress there, PVR is really quite functional now!

A few little things that you are probably already aware of though:

- EPG now/next views look fantastic, but "timeline" seems to crash XBMC (the audio keeps playing, but XBMC becomes unresponsive)
- TV channel logos are not displayed in the channel list
- Pressing "o" while watching video of any kind brings up the video stats, but it also shows a loading dialog "thing" in the middle of the screen
- Not a bug and more of a selfish useability request, but it would be fantastic if the "i" info OSD showed the "video ends at 7:30pm" information somewhere in addition to proper EPG/metadata descriptions. Aesthetically like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128852&pid=1101448#pid1101448

Edit: Also noticed there is no notification for "mute"

Amazing work Big Grin

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - niamu - 2013-03-07

@username145,

- I've fixed the EPG view crashing now.
- TV channel logos looked really bad in the list view so I just removed them completely. Personally, I think it looks better just with text so I'm inclined to leave it as is. Is a tiny thumbnail really valuable to have in such a list? Feels wrong in this skin for some reason.
- Fixed the video stats dialog
- Updated the OSD when watching PVR. Let me know what you think.
- I got rid of the volume icon in favour of the volume bar that runs along the top of the screen. A mute icon would have felt out of place, but if people still need a mute indicator, maybe a solid red bar at the top of the screen to show it is muted?

I think the only view I haven't coded yet for PVR is the channel group dialog. Let me know if I'm missing anything else.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - onirosco - 2013-03-07

A solid red bar would fit the skin nicely.