Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Library watchdog - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Library watchdog (/showthread.php?tid=128896)

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - kreegaa - 2012-12-17

here is howto on openelec.. it will be similar on other linux systems.. since you didn mention your usecase....

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Mounting_network_shares

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - spyda - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 21:26)kreegaa Wrote: here is howto on openelec.. it will be similar on other linux systems.. since you didn mention your usecase....

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Mounting_network_shares

Thanks, I'm running XBMC Frodo RC on Apple TV2 (Linux based).

I have access to the whole file system, I'm just not at all sure where to put the command to mount the network location as a local resource (as required in step 1 of the FAQ)?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - kreegaa - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 21:29)spyda Wrote: Thanks, I'm running XBMC Frodo RC on Apple TV2 (Linux based).

I have access to the whole file system, I'm just not at all sure where to put the command to mount the network location as a local resource (as required in step 1 of the FAQ)?

then you have to look for apple tv2 and samba mounting (assuming you have smb shares) which is offtopic.. i vaguely remember appletv2 not having smb kexts or something.. but a quick search tells me that has been fixed/a workaround exists..

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - spyda - 2012-12-17

Believe me I have been googling for several hours in search of the answer. Yes, I have smb shares set up. They work fine but this add-on does not work that way, requires the shares to be mounted.

As far as I can see there is no guide available to achieving this on the ATV2. I'm sure such a guide would be beneficial to many!

EDIT: Forget it ... not possible in iOS (ATV2) so for this platform this add-on is totally useless!

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-17, 23:19)spyda Wrote: EDIT: Forget it ... not possible in iOS (ATV2) so for this platform this add-on is totally useless!

Really? Is this true? It's definitely not impossible to run samba since xbmc does it internally. Either way, as I mentioned previously: the next release will not require manual mounting so it will definitely work on atv2 then.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - spyda - 2012-12-18

No, as far as I am aware there is no way on the ATV2 to map a network path to a local folder. If someone can tell me different I'm all ears!

Until then I guess we / I have to sit tight for the next release - early Christmas present maybe? ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-16, 22:30)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 17:58)takoi Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 16:32)Robotica Wrote: Great Addon! The most efficient available!

A request also:
Could it be possible that you addon can monitor directories and autorefresh them. Specially for pictures. See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36125

Sure, I can add that in the next release.

Cool. Specially for pictures? Or a more general implementation where you can setup watchodg to not only update the library but even playlists, filters and/or tags?

I think I misunderstood you. I thought there was a library mode for pictures like with video and music, but apparently not. Pictures always reflect the filesystem and a library update for pictures doesn't appear to have effect. If I understand you correctly now, you want your sideshow to reload. That's really something completely different than what this addon does. I don't see any obvious way to do it, but you definitely don't need a modified version of Library watchdog .

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - vampyrex13 - 2012-12-19

Does anyone have the problem where watchdog continuously scans over and over again? I checked my xbmc.log and found that it was detecting changes to the log file itself, then executing a scan. I have to disable watchdog because of this. Is there a way to have it exclude monitoring of folders?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-19, 20:56)vampyrex13 Wrote: Does anyone have the problem where watchdog continuously scans over and over again? I checked my xbmc.log and found that it was detecting changes to the log file itself, then executing a scan. I have to disable watchdog because of this. Is there a way to have it exclude monitoring of folders?

But why do you have your log in your media source? I have to assume that people use their media sources for media, not for general purpose. I'm aware there are some downloading programs that don't behave nicely and thus making Watchdog get stuck in a loop, but Watchdog should not react on file modification, only when files are removed or deleted. So that it reacts on the log file sounds strange. Care to post the log so I can have a look? (in its entirety please)

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - Robotica - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-18, 13:36)takoi Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 22:30)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 17:58)takoi Wrote: Sure, I can add that in the next release.

Cool. Specially for pictures? Or a more general implementation where you can setup watchodg to not only update the library but even playlists, filters and/or tags?

I think I misunderstood you. I thought there was a library mode for pictures like with video and music, but apparently not. Pictures always reflect the filesystem and a library update for pictures doesn't appear to have effect. If I understand you correctly now, you want your sideshow to reload. That's really something completely different than what this addon does. I don't see any obvious way to do it, but you definitely don't need a modified version of Library watchdog .

Yes, unfortunatelly pictures are read from cache and there is no library for pics.But what I ment is to auto refresh the listing of pictures. Something behind the trigger to reload the listing. They are in cache and the goal is to see newly added pics. but maybe it's not feasable.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-21, 13:20)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 13:36)takoi Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 22:30)Robotica Wrote: Cool. Specially for pictures? Or a more general implementation where you can setup watchodg to not only update the library but even playlists, filters and/or tags?

Yes, unfortunatelly pictures are read from cache and there is no library for pics.But what I ment is to auto refresh the listing of pictures. Something behind the trigger to reload the listing. They are in cache and the goal is to see newly added pics. but maybe it's not feasable.

Right. Sorry to get your hopes up but that really is something completely different from what this addon does so it makes no sense to add something like that. You should rather make it, or find somebody to make it, a separate addon. Or even better: fix it in xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - vampyrex13 - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-19, 21:14)takoi Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 20:56)vampyrex13 Wrote: Does anyone have the problem where watchdog continuously scans over and over again? I checked my xbmc.log and found that it was detecting changes to the log file itself, then executing a scan. I have to disable watchdog because of this. Is there a way to have it exclude monitoring of folders?

But why do you have your log in your media source? I have to assume that people use their media sources for media, not for general purpose. I'm aware there are some downloading programs that don't behave nicely and thus making Watchdog get stuck in a loop, but Watchdog should not react on file modification, only when files are removed or deleted. So that it reacts on the log file sounds strange. Care to post the log so I can have a look? (in its entirety please)

I'll post up my log later this week, but essentially, this is how my setup is:

/home/userfolder/Movies
/home/userfolder/TV Shows
/home/userfolder/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

I don't know if having my media shared out from within my userfolder is causing watchdog to scan every subfolder, including my xbmc temp folder as well. Also, it doesn't always do this. Sometimes it'll run fine, and other times it will get stuck scanning over and over again for new media.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - vampyrex13 - 2012-12-22

Where can I upload. my log file to so you can see it. I don't see any way to attach files in posts in this forum.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2012-12-22

xbmclogs.com for instance

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - vampyrex13 - 2012-12-24

My log is posted at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23928