Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Library watchdog - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Library watchdog (/showthread.php?tid=128896)

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - keiron99 - 2013-01-27

Sorry...I follow your link to the Wiki page but cannot see anything about network shares on it?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - Aenima99x - 2013-01-27

From the wiki - "Note: unmounted network shares not supported. "

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - keiron99 - 2013-01-27

Yes I spotted that....doesn't mean anything to me unfortunately and Google was not my friend. I guess I am out of my depth with this. Hey ho...Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - zilexa - 2013-01-29

WOW takoi! This should be standard part of XBMC ! Why is this still an addon? I dont understand.. XBMC is so userfriendly but you have to force manual updates all the time (go to tv shows, stay on one series and do the context menu > update library).

This addon is exactly how it should be. Not like Library Updater, setting specific times I hate that... assuming there will be new files every x hours or days.

Love it support even music and also SQL. My new HTPC will definitely use SQL. Thanks a lot for this addon. It deserves much more attention!
Is it available via the XBMC Repository? Cos I never saw it..

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - jjmucker - 2013-01-29

Hi, been using this add on for a while now and love it, but my CPU has been idling on 50%. At first i didnt know what was causing it but a member on here helped me out and sure enough, it was this add on. Has anyone else experienced this.
Would love to continue using this but not if its going to keep my CPU spiking between 45% - 60%

Thanks all

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - jjmucker - 2013-01-30

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing high CPU load whilst having this add on enabled?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 01:22)jjmucker Wrote: Hi, been using this add on for a while now and love it, but my CPU has been idling on 50%. At first i didnt know what was causing it but a member on here helped me out and sure enough, it was this add on. Has anyone else experienced this.
Would love to continue using this but not if its going to keep my CPU spiking between 45% - 60%

Thanks all

If you're using polling, on a very slow cpu, and have a lot of files (several thousands) then 50% doesn't sound unreasonable. Syscall is the only one that use 0% cpu. In the next big update coming soon whoever, there will be an option to limit how deep it scans when using polling. That will save a lot of cpu.

Hi thanks for the response. I have an i5 chip which is a very good fast chip. Both syscall and polling does the same, high CPU load. Also, I'm not really scanning thousands of files either.
I hope to get this sorted because like I said, I love this add on. :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 21:13)jjmucker Wrote: Hi thanks for the response. I have an i5 chip which is a very good fast chip. Both syscall and polling does the same, high CPU load. Also, I'm not really scanning thousands of files either.
I hope to get this sorted because like I said, I love this add on. :-)
Then Im going to need a debug log.

Hi, well ive just reinstalled it again so I could post up a debug log and for some reason its not hogging the CPU anymore.
Thats really strange. I wonder why that can be.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - cjoliver - 2013-01-31

Hi sir, great work on this plugin

Can you help me though please. I just installed your plugin on an xbmc 12 rc3 running on ubuntu 12.04 server.

And every time i enable the plugin i get a script error.

Here is the error in my logs.

=======================
21:08:42 T:139970140415744 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:08:42 T:139970157205248 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/htpcuser/.xbmc/addons/service.watchdog/default.py", line 32, in <module>
DELAY = int(ADDON.getSetting('delay')) or 1
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
-->End of Python script error report<--
21:08:43 T:139970140415744 NOTICE: StorageServer Module loaded RUN
=======================

Obviously that is only a cutout, so let me know if i can upload the full log for you.

Thank for your help.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - bartlett - 2013-01-31

What is the current version? I see 0.6.3 in XBMC add-ons menu but the change log on github.com has 0.6.4 and 0.7.0

https://github.com/takoi/xbmc-addon-library-watchdog/blob/master/changelog.txt

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - takoi - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 21:38)cjoliver Wrote: Hi sir, great work on this plugin

Can you help me though please. I just installed your plugin on an xbmc 12 rc3 running on ubuntu 12.04 server.

And every time i enable the plugin i get a script error.

Here is the error in my logs.

=======================
21:08:42 T:139970140415744 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:08:42 T:139970157205248 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/htpcuser/.xbmc/addons/service.watchdog/default.py", line 32, in <module>
DELAY = int(ADDON.getSetting('delay')) or 1
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
-->End of Python script error report<--
21:08:43 T:139970140415744 NOTICE: StorageServer Module loaded RUN
=======================

Obviously that is only a cutout, so let me know if i can upload the full log for you.

Thank for your help.

I'm guessing you set the delay setting to blank. Didn't know you could even do that. And you really shouldn't be change settings you don't know what does, but I'll prevent you from setting it blank in the next releaseSmile

(2013-01-31, 21:43)bartlett Wrote: What is the current version? I see 0.6.3 in XBMC add-ons menu but the change log on github.com has 0.6.4 and 0.7.0

https://github.com/takoi/xbmc-addon-library-watchdog/blob/master/changelog.txt
github is for development. 0.6.3 is current version

Re: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - cjoliver - 2013-01-31

My bad. Didn't know I changed it. What would you recommend I use for delay? And just for interest sake. Is delay in second/minutes/hours.

Thanks for your quick response. Will change tomorrow and I'm sure everything will now be working.

Keep up the good work.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - bartlett - 2013-01-31

Thanks...So what is your plan for releasing the newer versions (0.7.0)? I like seeing the network share support