Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Library watchdog - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Library watchdog (/showthread.php?tid=128896)

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - phunkyfish - 2021-05-26

(2021-05-26, 21:50)inzzzomnia Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 12:37)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 04:27)inzzzomnia Wrote: I just as @phunkyfish I have my stuff on a SMB share on a NAS, so it should work but non the less it doesn't.
I've tried "everything" but can't get it to work and now I'm beginning to think that it doesn't work if you use 'Local information only', can that be it?

What does local information only mean?

In the Kodi settings for each media where you choose content of the share and how to scrape it. I use 'Local information only' since I scrape and create the nfo and artwork myself in MediaElch.

Does it work if you switch that off?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - inzzzomnia - 2021-05-26

(2021-05-26, 22:07)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 21:50)inzzzomnia Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 12:37)phunkyfish Wrote: What does local information only mean?

In the Kodi settings for each media where you choose content of the share and how to scrape it. I use 'Local information only' since I scrape and create the nfo and artwork myself in MediaElch.

That's not something I'm willing to try, it will potentially scrape a lot of stuff not meant to be scraped.

I see that something happens though because the Trakt plugin is triggered to update so a scan of the library is performed in some way but nothing is added in Kodi. If I scan for new content manually it work so nothing wrong on that part.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - phunkyfish - 2021-05-26

(2021-05-26, 22:46)inzzzomnia Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 22:07)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 21:50)inzzzomnia Wrote: In the Kodi settings for each media where you choose content of the share and how to scrape it. I use 'Local information only' since I scrape and create the nfo and artwork myself in MediaElch.

That's not something I'm willing to try, it will potentially scrape a lot of stuff not meant to be scraped.

I see that something happens though because the Trakt plugin is triggered to update so a scan of the library is performed in some way but nothing is added in Kodi. If I scan for new content manually it work so nothing wrong on that part.

If you can try installing kodi on another device to try it out.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - inzzzomnia - 2021-05-27

(2021-05-26, 23:58)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 22:46)inzzzomnia Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 22:07)phunkyfish Wrote: Does it work if you switch that off?

If you can try installing kodi on another device to try it out.
I think I found it by enabling and diving into the logs.
Trakt was probably triggered by something else yesterday or maybe I since changed some settings I don't remember doing because now I couldn't manipulate it to happen like I could yesterday.
But when creating a thumb and NFO for a new episode to add it to Kodi I found this in the log:
Code:
2021-05-27 03:11:37.757 T:2692    DEBUG <general>: [service.librarywatchdog] [event] <created> <'smb://TheNAS/FBI Most Wanted/FBI Most Wanted.S02E14.Hustler-thumb.jpg'>
2021-05-27 03:11:37.758 T:2692    DEBUG <general>: [service.librarywatchdog] [event] skipping <created> <'smb://TheNAS/FBI Most Wanted/FBI Most Wanted.S02E14.Hustler-thumb.jpg'>
2021-05-27 03:11:37.758 T:2692    DEBUG <general>: [service.librarywatchdog] [event] <created> <'smb://TheNAS/FBI Most Wanted/FBI Most Wanted.S02E14.Hustler.nfo'>
2021-05-27 03:11:37.758 T:2692    DEBUG <general>: [service.librarywatchdog] [event] skipping <created> <'smb://TheNAS/FBI Most Wanted/FBI Most Wanted.S02E14.Hustler.nfo'>
The addon seem to only be interested in changes regarding movie files so when a NFO and thumb is added to an already present mkv the change is ignored and nothing happens.
So I guess it works with 'Local information only' if the NFO is created at the same time as the video but in my case where the video comes first and the NFO later on it doesn't since the creation of the NFO is ignored.
A change/option so it also get triggered by a created NFO would probably make it work.
My coding skills are very slim and when looking through it all I think I found what part to change ('_can_skip'?) but no idea into what Laugh

Can it be done?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - phunkyfish - 2021-05-27

@pkscout did you look at this before? I know you looked into the performance of the addon but I’m not sure if you looked at adding support for nfo files?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - pkscout - 2021-05-27

(2021-05-27, 08:11)phunkyfish Wrote: @pkscout did you look at this before? I know you looked into the performance of the addon but I’m not sure if you looked at adding support for nfo files?

It seemed like the performance issues just are what they are. I never actually dug into what changes might trigger a scan. That said, it might not matter. If Kodi has previously scanned a video file, I don't think it will scan it again with a new NFO file anyway. The only way I know of to update in that way is to add the NFO, bring up the InfoDialog, push the button to update, and then tell Kodi to use the local info.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - inzzzomnia - 2021-05-27

(2021-05-27, 13:45)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 08:11)phunkyfish Wrote: @pkscout did you look at this before? I know you looked into the performance of the addon but I’m not sure if you looked at adding support for nfo files?

It seemed like the performance issues just are what they are. I never actually dug into what changes might trigger a scan. That said, it might not matter. If Kodi has previously scanned a video file, I don't think it will scan it again with a new NFO file anyway. The only way I know of to update in that way is to add the NFO, bring up the InfoDialog, push the button to update, and then tell Kodi to use the local info.
I usually scan for new content and that works, just updating the library does nothing though if I remember correctly. But I have had issues with that "not scan it again"-thing you mention and tried to get help with it, can that feature be disabled?

But back to this, if you have the option to set it to only check for NFO, wouldn't that work around what you mention since it then would only scan the video connected to the NFO?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - phunkyfish - 2021-05-27

Can you try this:

1) move the movie to another location (not in the source)
2) add the nfo file
3) move the movie back

See if that works. Remember this is not related to a library scan. It’s a separate process that scans for new files and only looks for new or deleted files (I think). When it finds one it calls a manual insert or delete on the library.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - fsurfer - 2021-05-28

Initially I thought it was the Bingie Netflix Mod, so have started with a clean install of Leia 18.9 and checked each addon

This is a great addon in principal but in use

Playing a film, TV show or idle

CPU 80-99% and Memory 45-75%

Addon disabled

CPU 0.4-2% and Memory 31%

I have scanned this thread and there doesn't appear to be a fix or have I missed it?

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - Raptordin - 2021-09-01

I have went through this post and every post I saw related to Watchdog (Library Watchdog) as it is called now.

Since I installed KODI 19.x and Watchdog is not working what so ever/

My setup is as follows.

My Movies and TV Shows are on a Windows Based SMB Share file server smb://192.168.x.x since more than 7 years now and all previous KODI setups worked normally on it.

I have several Computers / Cell Phones / Android TVs and TV Boxes accessing the videos using MySQL database method and all was working normally for years on all previous KODI setups.

I have one Old Physical Windows Laptop / Replaced by better specced Linux VM on my server to have KODI autologin upon start and it is the only one that has Library Updates enabled so not to have confusion between multiple devices trying to update at the same time. and all was working also on previous Editions of KODI.

For Several Months now (Since I upgraded to Kodi 19.x Library Watchdog is not working "Not doing what it is supposed to do" tried multiple settings with polling and auto. With it getting paths automatically or me setting them manually and still nothing.

Currently I am using another plugin that scans library on fixed timer but it is no way as good or efficient as Watchdog.

SO if anyone has a solution to my dilemma, please let me know.

How can I get Watchdog to work and if it won't then be there an alternate to Watchdog.

Thanks and have a great one.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - Raptordin - 2021-09-10

(2021-09-01, 19:03)Raptordin Wrote: I have went through this post and every post I saw related to Watchdog (Library Watchdog) as it is called now.

Since I installed KODI 19.x and Watchdog is not working what so ever/

My setup is as follows.

My Movies and TV Shows are on a Windows Based SMB Share file server smb://192.168.x.x since more than 7 years now and all previous KODI setups worked normally on it.

I have several Computers / Cell Phones / Android TVs and TV Boxes accessing the videos using MySQL database method and all was working normally for years on all previous KODI setups.

I have one Old Physical Windows Laptop / Replaced by better specced Linux VM on my server to have KODI autologin upon start and it is the only one that has Library Updates enabled so not to have confusion between multiple devices trying to update at the same time. and all was working also on previous Editions of KODI.

For Several Months now (Since I upgraded to Kodi 19.x Library Watchdog is not working "Not doing what it is supposed to do" tried multiple settings with polling and auto. With it getting paths automatically or me setting them manually and still nothing.

Currently I am using another plugin that scans library on fixed timer but it is no way as good or efficient as Watchdog.

SO if anyone has a solution to my dilemma, please let me know.

How can I get Watchdog to work and if it won't then be there an alternate to Watchdog.

Thanks and have a great one.

Bumping once just in case if no one saw it.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - Raptordin - 2021-09-13

I am sorry for duplication. I saw that I forgot to add my Logs so I attached latest log in the following link.  izafafucow.kodi (paste)

This log was generated from my latest installation. It is a new Hyper-V vm of ubuntu 21 installation.
Latest Kodi install and watchdog as usual fails to work and errors out as son as I start Kodi.

If you need to know why I have kodi installed on a VM here is a short summery of my situation.

I have all my movies and TV shows on my (RAID 10) array of 4 4 TBs Red HDDs and 8 TBs of storage on my Home Server on a windows standard server on an AMD A8 with 16 GBs of Ram.
I want a Kodi VM to be always running to Auto refresh whenever I add or remove a TV Show or a movie.
Since Kodi 19 Library WatchDog is not working for me and was using "Library Auto update" but I do not like it that much and its no way form or shape like Watchdog.
So that is my problem and would love your help.  Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - Kincaid - 2021-11-26

Can someone explain what exactly this add-on does? When I found it I thought it’s monitoring the hard drives and when it notices a change it adds/removes/refreshes the movie that was changed. But after going through some posts I think it notices when files are changed and triggers a complete library scan or a complete clean up when files are removed. Is this correct?

What if kodi isn’t running while the changes happen on the hard drive? Does watchdog still notice the change or does it only notice changes that happen while it’s running?

Also i noticed the name changed from watchdog to library watchdog. I can only find watchdog through the kodi.tv repo. Is this because I’m on kodi 18.9? The version I have installed is 0.9.7, is this the most recent version I can run on kodi 18.9?

Sorry if all of this was already answered here but it’s 55 pages and I don’t know what keywords i could use to find answers.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - whatisk - 2022-02-09

Is there a way to remove a watched folder from the manual watch section? I have a folder there that I wish to no longer automatically watch, but can't figure out how to remove it. No doubt missing something simple...

EDIT: Found I can just go into the config file and manually remove the path no longer needed.
(2021-11-26, 17:54)Kincaid Wrote: Can someone explain what exactly this add-on does? When I found it I thought it’s monitoring the hard drives and when it notices a change it adds/removes/refreshes the movie that was changed. But after going through some posts I think it notices when files are changed and triggers a complete library scan or a complete clean up when files are removed. Is this correct?

What if kodi isn’t running while the changes happen on the hard drive? Does watchdog still notice the change or does it only notice changes that happen while it’s running?

Also i noticed the name changed from watchdog to library watchdog. I can only find watchdog through the kodi.tv repo. Is this because I’m on kodi 18.9? The version I have installed is 0.9.7, is this the most recent version I can run on kodi 18.9?

Sorry if all of this was already answered here but it’s 55 pages and I don’t know what keywords i could use to find answers.
Late reply, but I have a question about the plugin and saw this.
It does periodically scan shares you nominate for changes and update. If Kodi isn't running when the changes take place, the add-on can be setup to run when Kodi starts - which is how I have mine configured.

RE: [RELEASE] Library watchdog - bansheeat - 2022-02-09

I do not use Library Watchdog anymore. He does not remove the Library Entry in Kodi, when I already have removed the movie from my Flash Drive. I have always to do it manually - so the purpose of LW is not given - so it is gone now Wink Scanning my Flash Drives for new movies is done with the built-in Kodi function.