Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- enigma9o7 - 2005-10-05

i just upgraded to mytv 1.08 and xbmc 3oct05.

i initially got the errors already mentioned above, but fixed it by copying all the missing image files in python/lib/ from an older (30may05) version of xbmc.

so far, i haven't had the problem with having to switch right/left to get the correct display, it comes up correctly. however i've noticed the screen kinda "flashes" when i scroll right/left to check other times, didn't notice that before. it doesn't matter tho.

anyways bb great work on the script! i agree with the previous poster, maybe include the necessary image files with the archive to make people's lives easy. i dunno where i would have got them if they weren't in the older version of xbmc.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-10-05

the zap2it bug has been fixed.

i released v1.08 with debug enabled by mistake, which is why it appears to flash and run slower.it makes the whole thing go 3/4 times slower.

i've uploaded v1.08a to xbmcscripts (last friday) but as yet its not appeared (which i'm afraid to say is becoming the norm)

so, to correct it yourself;
edit system\mytvlibrary.py and set debug = false

i intend to trap this image exception in future, but i was under the impression most builds do incl. the image libs.

bbb.

- solexalex - 2005-10-05

maybe should you add an initialing function to auto-update the plugins (not sure if the word is correct : for yahoo or zaptoit...)
because these parsers may often change

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-10-05

do u mean self changing (ie new regex) or self downloading of a fixed/updated datasource ?

i'm kind of hoping users of the datasources would 'adopt' them and either fix or at least let me know when one is broken ?

- Asteron - 2005-10-05

there is a script installer on xbmcscripts.com but unfortunately things will not be automatic for zap2it users since the zap2it data source requires some manual editting.

actually it would be good anyway if the zap2it login setting was available from the menu. how about an extention to the data source so it can provide its settings? you can wrap it in a try: block to make it optional.

- solexalex - 2005-10-05

the idea i've got is an autoupdate process for the datasources only and/or the main script

1-check the date/version of the used datasource file
2-if it is not the same as another one on a webserver, then replace it

your work will only be to replace the outdated datasource with the new one, then any user will benefit of this update.

if you create a simple php interface on your webserver, you will be able to easily detect no working datasources :
1- load the datasource
2- if it creates an exception or something like this or from user report (by pushing a button or anythin) then it points to a php page that will log error entry for any datasource
3- by reading this log, you will easyli know which datasource is wrong and so you can repair it as soon as possible

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-10-06

the idea of having a user interface for setting within the gui of the datasource is something i considered early on, but didnt follow it throu as i wanted to do it quicker, however its a good idea an one that could be done once i have a little more time (it course consuming all my spare time at moment and for next few weeks).

the auto-update facility wouldnt be too difficult but i dont want to get sucked into having to maintain a dl site just to facilitate it. maybe if xbmcscripts site could privide an easier 'std' way for scripts to check on version etc ?

bbb.

- Velvis - 2005-10-08

from my limited knowledge of tv cards...i am gathering that most of the tv cards working with this script are digital cards for use outside of the u.s.. is this correct?

i'd like to buy a card (hardware based mpeg) for standard analog cable in the u.s.. is there a card that this script will be able to setup recording remotely that fits this description?

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-10-08

whether its digital or analogue or its location of use doesnt matter, its whether it can be programmed to setup a recording, from either a url sent to a web interface (ie nebula and others ) or a scheduledtask (hauppauge).

a module can probably be created for any card, if it can be programmed externaly.

bbb.

- raff - 2005-10-08

wow.. all i can say is that this has been some great work by some very talented people.

i just got started with xbmc a few weeks ago, and i have to ask the question 'where have you been all my life?' this script (which i haven't tried just yet), will be the icing on the cake as i've just ordered a dvb card which hopefully will be working early next week.

i  just had to register and show my appreciation to you guys on this one, it's unbelievable how quickly you respond, as well as develop these scripts. way to go.

if you need a tester in canada :d i'm yer guy

cheers,

raff

- robbo43 - 2005-10-11

argghh - help!!!

i love this script - the remote recording through web scheduler works flawlessly.

i'm trying to use the live streaming plugin script, but constantly get the error 'file not created by server'. i know it is because i can exit the script and stream the video through an existing samba share under 'my videos'.

i have concluded that my samba share settings in the script must be incorrect - the file naming conventions and file extensions are all set correctly. i don't use usernames or passwords for sharing - could this be a problem? also i don't understand what is required under the line

#path to web scheduler server recording directory (no slashes)

has anyone else been able to use the livestream under this excellent script?

thanks guys

rob

- gerner - 2005-10-12

hi robbo43,

#path to web scheduler server recording directory (no slashes)

refers to the directory that web scheduler records to eg "my recordings". i realise now that the no slashes comment is misleading: if it is in a sub-directory the slash between directories is still needed, eg "my recordings/webscheduler"

i think your problem may well be the password / username issue. as my share requires a username / password i didn't test what would happen without them ...

i wouldn't get your hopes up too high for watching live tv: personally i've found it more reliable to start recording and then selecting that particular file through an xbmc share.

- robbo43 - 2005-10-12

gerner,

thanks for the reply - nice to know i'm not doing something stupid and/or going mad! do you know of a work around for the username/password issue?

it's a shame webscheduler hasn't got a 'broadcast' option that could stream the live feed on request from a client i.e. xbox.

however, have you thought of the option of looking ahead in the epg and scheduling the next 'n' number of recordings (user configurable) and using the merge option to turn it into a continuous live stream. on channel change the future 'live stream' recordings could be cancelled and the recorded 'stream' deleted (as happens now).

i realise that this idea would lead to a huge recorded live stream if you were to watch say 10 continuous hours on the same channel - but it could be an option?

cheers

rob

- jj5768 - 2005-10-15

hi just for those in the uk & use the radio times datasource:

to add more4 until the next release (i guess), you need to add:

1959,more 4

into the channels_radiotimes.dat file in the position you want it to appear...

if you use the nebula digtiv plug in - you need to add the following to the saveprograme.py:

'more 4' : '013',
'more4' : '013',

and the logo for more4 can be found here:

http://www.freeview.co.uk/images/logos_large/logo_lg_more4.gif

jj.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-10-24

jj: thanks for that- i'll include it in the next release. (do you have the itv4 codes?)

the norweigen data source was also broken (html changes) it now also makes available all channels not just a few.

heres the fix for that.

fixed datasource_nettavisen
bbb.