Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-12-08

(2014-12-08, 10:35)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 02:35)vbat99 Wrote: These TV Shows or for Movies?

I suspect the Rescrape Tv Show actors, isn't using the correct routines....Added to my To Do list.

Just looked over and tested the actor images saving to a different path. Seems to be working correctly. Even changed the path and re-ran the Batch rescrape wizard for Show actors. Checked the tvshow.nfo, and actor's <thumb> path changed accordingly.

Please, if your getting different results, please advise steps to reproduce.

Actors folder set to U:\XBMC\Actors, actors show fine. Change folder to D:\New Folder\actors, rescrape actors. Nfo still shows U:\XBMC\actors. This is for TV shows. Movies change just fine. Anything else you need? Thanks

Have to backup on the movie side. In the movie section I have movie where the actor <thumb> path points to a non existent directory and yet there are still actors displayed. Did a fresh install of MC. No actors displayed. NFOs point to V:\XBMC\Actors (non-existent dir) no actors displayed. Set actors dir to U:\XBMC\Actors (advanced tab) where images are stored, actors displayed, NFOs still point to V:\XBMC\Actors. Rescrape actors and nfo changes to correct location. Seems to be the same for tv except rescraped location isn't written to nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-08

Seems the Tv Actors isn't behaving, and also is creating the actor's folder in the Tv Show's folder. This is why if the local folder is changes, your still seeing the actor's image in Media Companion.

I'll have to fix this up. Also, I'll have to move the setting up of Local Actor's folder from Movies to General Preferences, as this is, or should have been, a global function.

As for the changing of Local actors folder,
Code:
<genre>Action / Adventure / Crime</genre>
  <episodeguide>
    <url cache="257655.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/257655/all/en.zip</url>
  </episodeguide>
  <language>en</language>
  <actor>
    <actorid>297063</actorid>
    <name>Stephen Amell</name>
    <role>Oliver Queen</role>
    <thumb>E:\XBMC\Actors\S\Stephen_Amell_297063.jpg</thumb>
    <order>0</order>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <actorid>304329</actorid>
    <name>David Ramsey</name>
    <role>John Diggle</role>
    <thumb>E:\XBMC\Actors\D\David_Ramsey_304329.jpg</thumb>
    <order>1</order>
  </actor>
then changed to D:\XBMC\Actors
Code:
<genre>Action / Adventure / Crime</genre>
  <episodeguide>
    <url cache="257655.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/257655/all/en.zip</url>
  </episodeguide>
  <language>en</language>
  <actor>
    <actorid>297063</actorid>
    <name>Stephen Amell</name>
    <role>Oliver Queen</role>
    <thumb>D:\XBMC\Actors\S\Stephen_Amell_297063.tbn</thumb>
    <order>0</order>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <actorid>304329</actorid>
    <name>David Ramsey</name>
    <role>John Diggle</role>
    <thumb>D:\XBMC\Actors\D\David_Ramsey_304329.tbn</thumb>
    <order>1</order>
  </actor>

You are changing Local Path and XBMC Path?

Edit: Quick note. General Preferences, unselect Save actors to .actors folder will stop the folder and actors being saved into the Tv Show's folder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-12-08

I have save actors to .actors unselected. Paths are set local and XBMC. The only way to change tv actor paths is to rescrape the whole show. Also, does the check box to save actor as actor_name.ext do anything? I have tried checked and unchecked and get the same results. Thanks again for looking.

Seems that the save actor as actor_name.ext only works for movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-08

(2014-12-08, 20:01)bobrap Wrote: I have save actors to .actors unselected. Paths are set local and XBMC. The only way to change tv actor paths is to rescrape the whole show. Also, does the check box to save actor as actor_name.ext do anything? I have tried checked and unchecked and get the same results. Thanks again for looking.

Seems that the save actor as actor_name.ext only works for movies.

Hmmmm....gets stranger and stranger.
save actor as actor_name.ext only works for IMDB Actors. TMDB and TVDB actors are saved this way anyway.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-12-09

Another problem I'm having is using local info only in Helix. I'm asking here because MC is what generates the nfo files. The problem is that all data is not being read. Example: I have all five seasons of Blue Bloods on disc. When Helix library is updated it shows I only have 13 episodes. Tried deleting nfo and rescraping without any luck. Any ideas? Actually, what is gained by using that method (local info only) vs selecting TVDB? Hate to be a bother.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-09

Hi bobrap

Use local info only, only gets data from scraped movies and TV Shows, stored with the Movies/TV Shows and episodes. If the nfo is not present, Kodi will skip passed the file.

I have also noticed, that if there is an issue with a nfo, Kodi seems to stop scraping local data. This is a glitch in Kodi's scraper, that has been advised to the Dev's.

Two things I'd try.
Delete the TV Show.nfo file. In Kodi, delete the TV Series from the library.
In Media Companion, scrape the Show as if new. Try adding this show to Kodi library.

Else, Delete all nfo's, tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo's. and try the above again.

I have only had one stubborn Tv Show that displayed half of the episodes, and after fumbling around, I finally got XBMC to scrape all the episodes, and all new episodes.

Hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-12-09

Thanks, Rob. That makes me wonder why not use TVDB.. Isn't it correct that if a nfo file is present, kodi uses that and doesn't search the web for data. It would seem using TVDB instead of local would be like a fail safe for a bad nfo. Just trying to figure the pros and cons of each method. Smile

No worries. I use to use TVDB, and it is suppose to work like that, but I found the TVDB scraper always went online for each episode, but it did get local artwork.
Switching to Local Information Only had been a Lot Faster.

Also, for my use, I have 2 x Raspberry Pi's, 1 x XBMCbuntu (XBMC on Linux) and 2 x Xbox( though one is rarely used now). So for me, scraping and storing the nfo and artwork locally is required, else I have almost five XBMC instances scraping data from the Internet.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - MANswers - 2014-12-09

I've been receiving a prompt each time i am trying to change a movie. Says "Please Browse to a Movie page". Although i am on the movie page, yet it says the same thing. Dont get this when i am using IMDB, but it keeps popping up when i am using TMDB. Please have a look at the Screenshot below.

(2014-12-09, 17:04)MANswers Wrote: I've been receiving a prompt each time i am trying to change a movie. Says "Please Browse to a Movie page". Although i am on the movie page, yet it says the same thing. Dont get this when i am using IMDB, but it keeps popping up when i am using TMDB. Please have a look at the Screenshot below.

Found issue, TMDB have gone to Secure HTTP pages. Fix in place for next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-13

New Release.

Media Companion 3.611b

New
  • Both : Show extra audio tracks on fanart image. Non-default tracks are greyed out. Can be disabled from General Preferences.
    TV - Add rescrape Episode Title to Batch Rescrape Wizard.
    TV - From Tv Show menu, Check for Duplicates.
    Movie - Select a Plot. On Movie Edi (Alternative) user's can now select a different plot from a list of plots from IMDB and TMDB.
    Movie - rescrape from info label, ie. right-click Premiered label and select 'Rescrape Premiered', or Genre Label, Stars, Actors etc.
Fixed
  • Movie - Remove Decimal Point from Votes scraped from IMDB.
    Movie - Alt poster browser, fixed getting posters from IMDB and MPDB
    Movie - Added 'DVD and 'Bluray' to Separate Movie Identifier list. Users need to click 'Reset List' to repopulate if upgrading from earlier build.
    Movie - Fix change movie from TMDB.
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.611b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-13

Hi can you tell me the best way to upgrade please? because every way I try I end up having to start everything from scratch or is that normal? cheers and thanks for the continuous upgrades brilliant support

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-14

I extract mediacompanion to and new folder, the copy the contents within that folder and paste overwriting all files in my master mediacompanion folder.
But check our document, https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Install%20MC&referringTitle=Documentation

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wulfsige - 2014-12-14

Having a issue and can't seem to figure it outHuh When scrapping movies and I select "Download from Fanart.tv for during autoscrape" it creates a poster.jpg and fanart.jpg which are duplicates of the 'moviename-poster.jpg' and 'moviename-fanart.jpg', is there anyway to change this behavior as I do want the extra logo's etc, but not the "duplicate" posters and fanart?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-14

(2014-12-14, 00:56)vbat99 Wrote: I extract mediacompanion to and new folder, the copy the contents within that folder and paste overwriting all files in my master mediacompanion folder.
But check our document, https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Install%20MC&referringTitle=Documentation

Brilliant thanks for pointing me to the documentation didn't know there was one, but whilst there its answered 1 or 2 other things I wasn't to sure about Wink