Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-03-06

(2015-03-06, 09:34)Levi59 Wrote: I have a problem with MC... I have configured it so it must scrap in french but now it scrap only in English... Is there an option that i have not seen? (I'm up-to-date)

Hi Levi59, Which Scraper? IE: Movies or TV. MC Scraper or XBMC scraper?
For TV if using MC's scraper, you must use Get languages From TVDB to select your preferred language
For TV if using XBMC scrape, use the language box to select your preferred language.

For Movies, Scraper Tab, see the Preferred Language section and select your language
And for Movies, XBMC scraper, under Choose default scraper, then XBMC scraper preferences - TMDB, choose your preferred language.

If you find your getting no-where, try the following. Close MC, then rename the Settings folder in Media Companion. Restart MC and set up again. This will give you a clean MC to test from.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-03-06

(2015-03-06, 14:35)NeonLightning Wrote: possible to make a settings transition tool that will scrape the settings folder and copy over portions that are still relevant?

Hmmm...interesting idea, but then the new MC would need to know where the old MC program was located.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-03-07

Hey, Rob. Got another feature request. When using the IMDB scraper, the number of studios can be selected. Any chance of getting that option when using the TMDB scraper? I use colored studio icons in Kodi and it will only be displayed if only one studio is scraped. If more than one is listed, it list all of them. Just saves time having to scrape twice.

Also, would it be possible to list the premiered date as released date also. Or add both?

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-07, 23:34)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Got another feature request. When using the IMDB scraper, the number of studios can be selected. Any chance of getting that option when using the TMDB scraper? I use colored studio icons in Kodi and it will only be displayed if only one studio is scraped. If more than one is listed, it list all of them. Just saves time having to scrape twice.

Also, would it be possible to list the premiered date as released date also. Or add both?

Thanks

Number of studio's is already working on TMDB scraper. You'll probably find that not all movies have more than one studio on TMDB site.

Where is Release date used? I could not find XBMC/Kodi using <releasedate> field.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-06, 21:56)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 09:34)Levi59 Wrote: I have a problem with MC... I have configured it so it must scrap in french but now it scrap only in English... Is there an option that i have not seen? (I'm up-to-date)

Hi Levi59, Which Scraper? IE: Movies or TV. MC Scraper or XBMC scraper?
For TV if using MC's scraper, you must use Get languages From TVDB to select your preferred language
For TV if using XBMC scrape, use the language box to select your preferred language.

For Movies, Scraper Tab, see the Preferred Language section and select your language
And for Movies, XBMC scraper, under Choose default scraper, then XBMC scraper preferences - TMDB, choose your preferred language.

If you find your getting no-where, try the following. Close MC, then rename the Settings folder in Media Companion. Restart MC and set up again. This will give you a clean MC to test from.

For TV, i have tested MC scrap and XBMC scrap but no change with all setting in FR...
i have checked "display log" but nothing appear after the scrap...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 01:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 23:34)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Got another feature request. When using the IMDB scraper, the number of studios can be selected. Any chance of getting that option when using the TMDB scraper? I use colored studio icons in Kodi and it will only be displayed if only one studio is scraped. If more than one is listed, it list all of them. Just saves time having to scrape twice.

Thanks

Number of studio's is already working on TMDB scraper. You'll probably find that not all movies have more than one studio on TMDB site.

Where is Release date used? I could not find XBMC/Kodi using <releasedate> field.

The problem is when there is more than one studio. The TMDB scraper grabs all the studios. I'd like to be able to set it to one, like IMDB setting.

(2015-03-08, 04:57)bobrap Wrote: The problem is when there is more than one studio. The TMDB scraper grabs all the studios. I'd like to be able to set it to one, like IMDB setting.

OK, I see I haven't put the limit on that one. Oops.

I'll make sure it's done for the next release.

(2015-03-08, 01:15)Levi59 Wrote: For TV, i have tested MC scrap and XBMC scrap but no change with all setting in FR...

I'll check into this section of code and let you know.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 08:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 04:57)bobrap Wrote: The problem is when there is more than one studio. The TMDB scraper grabs all the studios. I'd like to be able to set it to one, like IMDB setting.

OK, I see I haven't put the limit on that one. Oops.

I'll make sure it's done for the next release.

Thanks, Rob. As always, eager to please!Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - john8546 - 2015-03-08

Hello,

I am new to this forum.Pardon me if this feature is already in MC v3.6.1.5. I have started using MC and this is awesome.

I have a huge collection of foreign movies which are of different languages like mandarin, Cantonese, french, Malay, Hindi, Spanish, Norwegian, Dutch etc..I would like to add the language tag to every movie file so i can sort out using the language filter. I see a country tag but do not have the option to sort using that too. Is it possible to add the tab in the future.Just a thought.

Thanks for the awesome MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-08, 20:25)john8546 Wrote: Hello,

I am new to this forum.Pardon me if this feature is already in MC v3.6.1.5. I have started using MC and this is awesome.

I have a huge collection of foreign movies which are of different languages like mandarin, Cantonese, french, Malay, Hindi, Spanish, Norwegian, Dutch etc..I would like to add the language tag to every movie file so i can sort out using the language filter. I see a country tag but do not have the option to sort using that too. Is it possible to add the tab in the future.Just a thought.

Gidday John

Currently Media Companion has a Language filter for the Audio. So if you video file has the language set on the Audio Track, you can filter the library by selecting which languages.
It may be that the audio track language is not set, or sent to und or unknown. I have personally gone through my library fixing these video files so they have the correct language tag for the audio track, as well as for subtitles. (I mainly have MKV files, so utilities like mkvpropedit make this a breeze).

As for the Country Tag, this tag is where the movie was mainly produced or filmed (it's a grey area, as some Harry Potter movies list USA, other's UK), and as such, there isn't a call to have this as a Filter.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - john8546 - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-09, 00:31)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 20:25)john8546 Wrote: Hello,

Gidday John

Currently Media Companion has a Language filter for the Audio. So if you video file has the language set on the Audio Track, you can filter the library by selecting which languages.
It may be that the audio track language is not set, or sent to und or unknown. I have personally gone through my library fixing these video files so they have the correct language tag for the audio track, as well as for subtitles. (I mainly have MKV files, so utilities like mkvpropedit make this a breeze).

As for the Country Tag, this tag is where the movie was mainly produced or filmed (it's a grey area, as some Harry Potter movies list USA, other's UK), and as such, there isn't a call to have this as a Filter.

Thanks a bunch for providing the above info as i am a learner of using MC.

Woh....MC made my day.Its a bit cumbersome & clumsy to check out around 5000 video files. But i got a turn around to make it happen.

First by batch loading video files in MediaInfo and check the audio & subtitle tags in them and try to fix the header in mkvmerge header editor if it said 'und' or use batch gui for mkvpropedit, if all are of same language.

Thats works like a charm.

One more thought...Is it possible for MC to scarp the language from IMDB if availvable and create a grey area for language (no filter required though). By this way it can get the info of diffrent languages the movie has been released.

Thanks again.

(2015-03-09, 04:16)john8546 Wrote: One more thought...Is it possible for MC to scarp the language from IMDB if available and create a grey area for language (no filter required though). By this way it can get the info of diffrent languages the movie has been released.

Thanks again.

Sorry, that would be a custom tag that isn't used in XBMC, and of only use to one person. It is quite a bit of work to add new tag's into Media Companion, as well as having to "mine" the IMDB webpage for the languages, its not feasible.

I do hate rejecting ideas, but there's only one person at this time keeping Media Companion active.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-08, 08:59)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 01:15)Levi59 Wrote: For TV, i have tested MC scrap and XBMC scrap but no change with all setting in FR...

I'll check into this section of code and let you know.

any news/tips for me?

(2015-03-09, 09:31)Levi59 Wrote: any news/tips for me?

Sorry, I'm still checking the code.
Can you give me the TVDB ID for a French Show please. Or show name might be easier (maybe even link to TVDB site for this show.)

Can't promise it'll be tonight as have guest, but I will make the effort to get this resolved.

BTW, you've tried a clean extract of Media Companion?