Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2015-04-04

What's the easiest to upgrade to this new version and have my library intact? I open the new version and no TV shows and movies are present. Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-04

Interesting, i have upgraded myself and all is showing.

I'm not sure, but a clean start may be required

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-04

hey Vbat
Im running the new version and it seem to run very fast and have found nothing wrong so kudos.
HEADS up I figured you would like to know that my panda antivirus fought like hell to quarentine MC I am still using it but figured you would like to know.
-
due new folder structure I find myself needing to be able to filter new episodes in MC and I cant seem to find a way to do this ?
and sorry about the previous post I can see what I asked for has been there all along It was aperently just me that had misunderstood how it worked!
Ztrust[/align]

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-04

(2015-04-04, 11:54)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
Im running the new version and it seem to run very fast and have found nothing wrong so kudos.
HEADS up I figured you would like to know that my panda antivirus fought like hell to quarentine MC I am still using it but figured you would like to know.
-
due new folder structure I find myself needing to be able to filter new episodes in MC and I cant seem to find a way to do this ?
and sorry about the previous post I can see what I asked for has been there all along It was aperently just me that had misunderstood how it worked!
Ztrust[/align]

Regarding Antivirus, submit the suspected file to Panda please. This is a False Positive, and Panda, like Norton, Avast to name some, are catching MC code as a "Suspected" virus, with their Heuristic engines. I've applied to Avast to have the code assessed, but finally I put an exclusion on the MC folder. It's a pain, but I don't know what else to do.

All online Virus scanners give Media Companion a Pass Mark as no virus found.

As for a Filter for new episodes, sorry, no filter for that in Media Companion. We don't store a Date Added to the episode nfo's, and even if we added it now, older nfo's would need to be re-scraped/updated.

To include a new filter of this sort would be a major job...Maybe open an issue on MC's codeplex site, and I'll add it as a Feature Request.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-05

hey vbat
It seems I have found a problem.
mc_com.exe crashed after scraping with -m
it scrapes fine but when closing it crashes.
Im gonna try with an older media companion and see what happens
**edit
just downgraded to Media Companion 3.616b and everything works there

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-05

(2015-04-05, 13:25)ztrust Wrote: hey vbat
It seems I have found a problem.
mc_com.exe crashed after scraping with -m
it scrapes fine but when closing it crashes.
Im gonna try with an older media companion and see what happens
**edit
just downgraded to Media Companion 3.616b and everything works there

Found and fixed. Download this common.dll and replace the one in the MC3.617b folder. Another area I forgot to update for the moviesetcache.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-04-05

Is this movieset stuff an upcoming feature?

In the latest release, the video sources in the advanced tab is missing DVD. I think it's there, just doesn't have a label.

I also am having trouble using the IMDB episode actors option. Maybe you could give a quick how to. I never have actor folders crated in season folders. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-05

(2015-04-05, 22:10)bobrap Wrote: Is this movieset stuff an upcoming feature?

In the latest release, the video sources in the advanced tab is missing DVD. I think it's there, just doesn't have a label.

I also am having trouble using the IMDB episode actors option. Maybe you could give a quick how to. I never have actor folders crated in season folders. Thanks.

Yep, MovieSet code I'm working on is for downloading of Movie-Set artwork, Poster/Fanart, and from fanart.tv. TheMovieDb has each movie set with it's own TMDB id, so we need to build a database of each movie set, and the correct TMDB ID for it, then we can download Movie Set artwork, and Users can use Movie Set Artwork Automator to populate their Movie Sets in XBMC/Kodi, with Art. (Sorry, may have over explained this.) So up-coming feature.

In Video Sources I see DVD-Rip and DVD-R. Don't believe it has ever had just DVD. These entries are some basic sources found in file names people "procure". If there are more, please advise and I can add to the default list.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-04-05

(2015-04-05, 23:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 22:10)bobrap Wrote: Is this movieset stuff an upcoming feature?

Yep, MovieSet code I'm working on is for downloading of Movie-Set artwork, Poster/Fanart, and from fanart.tv. TheMovieDb has each movie set with it's own TMDB id, so we need to build a database of each movie set, and the correct TMDB ID for it, then we can download Movie Set artwork, and Users can use Movie Set Artwork Automator to populate their Movie Sets in XBMC/Kodi, with Art. (Sorry, may have over explained this.) So up-coming feature.

In Video Sources I see DVD-Rip and DVD-R. Don't believe it has ever had just DVD. These entries are some basic sources found in file names people "procure". If there are more, please advise and I can add to the default list.

If I remember correctly, I asked awhile back for DVD and Bluray to be added. Which you did, thank you. Now, if I scroll down to the bottom of the list it looks like something is highlighted, but, it has no label. I believe that is the plain "DVD".

Movie sets feature sounds great. As much as I hate to ask...any time frame?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-05, 23:38)bobrap Wrote: If I remember correctly, I asked awhile back for DVD and Bluray to be added. Which you did, thank you. Now, if I scroll down to the bottom of the list it looks like something is highlighted, but, it has no label. I believe that is the plain "DVD".

Movie sets feature sounds great. As much as I hate to ask...any time frame?

My bad, I was running my master Media Companion, which has been upgraded from release to release, and this one doesn't have Blu-Ray, DVD or some other features.
Time for me to create a clean master.

the test build shows the same issue as you've mentioned, so I'll look at the code and see what I've stuffed up.

As for Time-Frame for new Movie Set artwork.... not sure. I'm looking to make certain the current builds are handling my changes first, then I need to write up a refresh routine for sets with no TMDB id, and finally figure out a form for downloading movie set artwork from TMDB and/or fanart.tv. And include some way of displaying this so the user know's what they have. Sigh, maybe in the next release? but probably the following release for sure.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-06

Seems Bluray was added but DVD wasn't. The blank line at the end is a glitch.
Will make sure DVD is there for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-04-06

Thank you, sir.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-07

hey vbat show sort title dosent seem to work just takes titles title.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-07, 10:33)ztrust Wrote: hey vbat show sort title dosent seem to work just takes titles title.

Seems something's broken there. Funny thing is, I remember adding this, but now can't recall the reason why, or when I did it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-08

well I guess its not widely used. I myself only use it for the marvels shows like Marvels agent carter,shield,avengers assemble.
so its usefull but I guess I can go with out.

On another note
is it possible to add 2 directories with the same show without them showing up twice in mc and keeping both directories updated with the same info like nfo and art.
I have this
X:/Series --> Main series directory
D:/ Series--> new episode download directory. --> each folder has a tvshow.nfo but would like to keep em in sync so you have the same art and nfo in both folders