Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 16:32)ztrust Wrote: well I guess its not widely used. I myself only use it for the marvels shows like Marvels agent carter,shield,avengers assemble.
so its usefull but I guess I can go with out.

On another note
is it possible to add 2 directories with the same show without them showing up twice in mc and keeping both directories updated with the same info like nfo and art.
I have this
X:/Series --> Main series directory
D:/ Series--> new episode download directory. --> each folder has a tvshow.nfo but would like to keep em in sync so you have the same art and nfo in both folders

Feature was added back in Feb 2014, but I don't recall how it was suppose to work. Seems I'll need to download that release and have a play. Sorry, haven't had much time this week.

As for a TV Series split between different drives, I know XBMC/Kodi supports this, but it's not so easy to get MC to support this. I believe the only way possible would be to use different profiles in MC, one for main series, and one for New episodes.

Main would look at X:\Series, New at D:\Series. I know that this wouldn't allow the use of Display Missing Episodes.

I'll have a think about it, but no guarantees.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-09

hey
yeah thats how I do at the moment
thanks for the thinking

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-09

Do you recall how the TV Sort Title was working? Or which MC version it stopped working?

I see the problem, the Sort Title isn't being saved to the Nfo.
Will get this fixed promptly, for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-04-09

is there an option to configure where a special episode must appear in TV Show? For exemple with Cowboy Bebop, the movie (Knockin' on Heaven's Door) must be watched before episode 23 but I don't know how to do that with MC.

i know i need to edit 2 tag in nfo for that :
<displayseason>1</displayseason> <----- in which saison
<displayepisode>23</displayepisode> <------- before wich episode, here special between episode 22 et 23

That sort of function isn't in Media Companion. I also do not know if XBMC/Kodi supports that.

On TVDB, it's called airs-before, so you can slip a special between two episodes. But I do not recall seeing this tag when XBMC exports the nfo. I'll have to do some research into it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-04-09

It work in xbmc.
as you can see here, we can configure where a special appear. I currently use them for cowboy bebop.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-09

hey Vbat levi is correct
<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>23</displayepisode>
is used by kodi I use it alot and you have done so its not deleted by MC on new scrape so there is limited support in mc atleast for manual input
Thank you for that Wink

(2015-04-09, 10:58)Levi59 Wrote: It work in xbmc.
as you can see here, we can configure where a special appear. I currently use them for cowboy bebop.

(2015-04-09, 13:19)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat levi is correct
<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>23</displayepisode>
is used by kodi I use it alot and you have done so its not deleted by MC on new scrape so there is limited support in mc atleast for manual input
Thank you for that Wink

On the initial scrape for epsiode information, TVDB does not return airsbefore_episode, and airsbefore_season. This is true for MC scraper, and XBMC TVDB scraper.

But, this info is made available if we download the series.xml file, which we do for Rescrape Wizard.
It has always been my intention to download the series.xml file when we do a first scrape of episode(s), but time, features and bug fixes have pushed this further back.

Seems I really need to bring this to higher priority.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-04-15

hey Vbat
would it be possible to rescrape rating in mc_com at one point ?
and I played around with mc yesterday and I noticed 2 things when set to download actors locally. the image url for series lead to the net and not lacal and the copy episode actor to folder dosent work no actors in season folder

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-15

(2015-04-15, 08:52)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
would it be possible to rescrape rating in mc_com at one point ?
and I played around with mc yesterday and I noticed 2 things when set to download actors locally. the image url for series lead to the net and not lacal and the copy episode actor to folder doesn't work no actors in season folder

mc_com won't be coded for Rescraping.

And as for MC and actor images in season folders, this hasn't happened for a long time. It actually shouldn't anyway as it's a double up of actor images. Guest actor's don't have actor image urls from TMDB, and IMDB doesn't list guest actors per episode, but all actor's, so no way of getting just the guests.

Lastly, please explain the image url question, I'm not clear as to what you've mentioned.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-12

New Release.

Media Companion 3.618b

Special Note:
Movie Set Artwork
New to this build is the downloading of MovieSet Artwork. The MovieSet and Tags Tab has been changed to display whether the artwork is present, but will depending on the user's selected preferences.

Note: Movie Preferences tabs have changed, with Artwork options on their own tab.

Please, read the notes on the download page for this version of Media Companion

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.618b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2015-05-12

Is there meanwhile a way to also show the movies / series being on external drives not plugged in at the moment?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-12

(2015-05-12, 10:17)Dirki Wrote: Is there meanwhile a way to also show the movies / series being on external drives not plugged in at the moment?

Sorry, but no. Media Companion is coded to look for and use the data stored with the movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-13

New Release.

Media Companion 3.619b - Small Bug Fix release, fixes TV Gui

Special Note:
Movie Set Artwork
New to this build is the downloading of MovieSet Artwork. The MovieSet and Tags Tab has been changed to display whether the artwork is present, but will depending on the user's selected preferences.

Note: Movie Preferences tabs have changed, with Artwork options on their own tab.

Please, read the notes on the download page for this version of Media Companion

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.619b

Revision History