Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-05-13

I don't know if it's me but MC don't detect all of the artwork for sets (only the fanart) and i don't see where we can modify/choose the artworks in the poster/fanart tab :

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-14

Custom Movie Sets won't be with a TMDB ID, and if you use the batch wizard, it will re-write your Movie Set names.

I knew that some issues might crop up. Seems I need to create a Tool in MC that can marry up the custom set name to the TMDB ID number.
Also, I found some logic issue with finding the movie set id in the Movie Sets and Tags Tab, so will need to fix that also.

When you first go to the Fanart Tab, you'll see the Green button to take you to Movie Set Artwork.
See Fanart Tab image below

Then once selected, this button changes to Blue to take you back to normal Movie Artwork.
See Poster Tab image below

But these buttons only appear with a Valid TMDB Id number, else we can't know what movie set artwork to get.

Maybe I'll set it up to get the TMDB ID, but if there is a Movie Set name already, to leave this in place, not overwriting it.

I'll look at the Tool I included in MC and let you know.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-05-14

Great work on the latest release, Rob! One thing I noticed is a problem with sets that have a colon in the title. Won't download for me.

Another little cosmetic issue. If the Extra Artwork box is pretty full, the outline label is cut off a bit.

Have you thought anymore on the idea of not moving movies into a set folder if there is only one movie. ex. If I only own one movie from a set of three, leave as single movie, not a set until I get another movie from the set. Hope I explained it ok. Thanks

Forgot something. Any chance of changing the movie set poster file name to poster? I believe that's the default for Movie Set Artwork Automater, folder for thumbnails.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-05-14

It would be great if we can link tmdb id to a custom set name without overwrite it. You could add an option in the "movie preference/artwork" tab to define if we must use tmdb id or local files. With the parameter of artwork automator, if the movie "Beta" of the set "Alpha" is in a directory Alpha ("Alpha/Beta/Beta.avi") so "Alpha/logo.png", "Alpha/poster.jpg" and "Alpha/fanart.jpg" are the artworks of the set Alpha.

Or a tab "Change movie set" for the custom set. We could, as for the "change movie" tab, navigate through tmdb or fanart.tv to choose which id to use but it must permit to keep custom set or to rename set.

(2015-05-14, 15:54)bobrap Wrote: Great work on the latest release, Rob! One thing I noticed is a problem with sets that have a colon in the title. Won't download for me.

Another little cosmetic issue. If the Extra Artwork box is pretty full, the outline label is cut off a bit.
Can you post as screenshot, or pm it to me? It could be to do with a user's resolution, dpi etc, or my stuff-up.
Quote:Have you thought anymore on the idea of not moving movies into a set folder if there is only one movie. ex. If I only own one movie from a set of three, leave as single movie, not a set until I get another movie from the set. Hope I explained it ok. Thanks
Haven't considered this yet, as the logic need to first know how many movies are in a specific set.
While getting the movie set artwork is one step, it was also needed to get the TMDB set ID. Now that we scrape this, I can add features like:
  • Missing Movies in a Set
  • i'll think of something else...
While the above idea is OK, I see issues if a user is scraping the first movie in a Set.
Say you have all three Back to the Future movies, and MC gets to the first one. It sees there is only one movie in this set, so don't make a Set Folder.
Then MC gets to the second movie. Now it sees there are two movies in the Set, and renames the second movie into a Set Folder.
Then the Third movie is scraped and moved into the Set Folder.

But...the first movie would not be moved automatically as it's been completed. This would have to be manually renamed into the Set Folder.
Sorry, but don't feel comfortable making MC take liberties of thinking it's OK to move files by itself. Specially if you get one movie in a set only, this is added to XBMC/Kodi, and months/years later you get a second movie for the Set. I can see users complaining about movies not working in XBMC/Kodi library after this.

It's better to let the user decide how/where to store these Set movies.
Quote:Forgot something. Any chance of changing the movie set poster file name to poster? I believe that's the default for Movie Set Artwork Automater, folder for thumbnails.
MovieSet poster name is as follows:
If MC is set to save the poster to the Movie Set Folder, then the filename is poster.jpg
If MC is set to save to a common MovieSet Art folder, then it's <moviesetname>-folder.jpg
Same for fanart.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153502 Wrote:Example using common folders (movies stored in a single set folder)
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\folder.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv

Example using common folders (movies stored in own folders under set folder)
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\folder.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv

Example using single artwork folder
\Blu-ray\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-folder.jpg

(2015-05-14, 20:32)Levi59 Wrote: It would be great if we can link tmdb id to a custom set name without overwrite it. You could add an option in the "movie preference/artwork" tab to define if we must use tmdb id or local files. With the parameter of artwork automator, if the movie "Beta" of the set "Alpha" is in a directory Alpha ("Alpha/Beta/Beta.avi") so "Alpha/logo.png", "Alpha/poster.jpg" and "Alpha/fanart.jpg" are the artworks of the set Alpha.

Or a tab "Change movie set" for the custom set. We could, as for the "change movie" tab, navigate through tmdb or fanart.tv to choose which id to use but it must permit to keep custom set or to rename set.

I actually altered the Movie Tool Movie Set ID Check so that it does not overwrite the custom MovieSet name, and will still get the TMDB ID (if it exists). I haven't had the chance to test this yet.
Might PM you a test build later today...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-05-14

ok! One question : Does it dl poster and fanart from tmdb or does it dl from fanart.tv? i want to know if it will work with logo.png too.

(2015-05-14, 22:38)Levi59 Wrote: ok! One question : Does it dl poster and fanart from tmdb or does it dl from fanart.tv? i want to know if it will work with logo.png too.

Currently only from TheMovidDB site. Fanart.TV to be added later once the dust settles and this becomes stable.

Also, note that there is going to be a change from folder.jpg to poster.jpg, as I got this wrong from the 'Movie Set Artwork Automator' discussion. (maybe I should have read through all 29 pages...)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-16

New Release.

Media Companion 3.620b

Movie Set Artwork
More work has been done to resolve issue with Movie Set Artwork. Also, now get Movie Set Artwork from Fanart.Tv
  • New - Movie - MovieSet Artwork from Fanart.Tv
  • Movie - Movie set Tab, Fixed logic when checking for TMDB Id
  • Movie - Movie Sets ID Check should not overwrite custom Set names.
  • Movie - Rebuild nfo's checks Actor's path is valid if using Local actor folder.
  • Movie - MovieSet, Save Poster as poster.jpg, not as folder.jpg
  • Movie - MovieSets, Clean illegal characters from Movie Set Name

Please, read the notes on the download page for this version of Media Companion

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.620b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-16

(2015-05-14, 22:38)Levi59 Wrote: ok! One question : Does it dl poster and fanart from tmdb or does it dl from fanart.tv? i want to know if it will work with logo.png too.

MC now supports download from Fanart.TV, from Fanart.TV Tab, not auto-scraping.

Edit: Oh, and if you run the Movie Set ID Check under 'Movies' menu, it will keep custom Movie Set Names, updating the TMDB Id.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - artistwantab - 2015-05-20

TV scarper...

I need some help with the tv scraper.

Sometimes the scraper works great....renames the episode and downloads the artwork.

But some tv shows just dont want to work.

The Maxx for instance.

Only 13 episodes in one season but it wont find any episodes. It does show them in the missing episodes but no matter how I title the episode it wont find it.

So I tried manually updating but UNLIKE movie scraper where you find the movie and click ok the TV manual scraper has no go button so I have no idea how to select it.

Awesome program though...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-20

There is only a manual show selector available, as well as a browser window to tvdb site.

Im out of town for few days, but can you pm me the name of the show, and attach a link to the tvshow.nfo so i can see what's going on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-05-20

@artistwantab
Test this : remove all nfo for this show and rescrap tvshow.

Sometime i have this problem and this has resolved my issues.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - artistwantab - 2015-05-21

Tried that first because usually that solves the problem.

Seems to always be on animation for some reason.

Issue with Batman The Animated Series and The Maxx.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - john8546 - 2015-05-21

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the new movieset feature for fanart & poster. But i found a issue with the "Batch rescrapper wizard" --- Download missing Movieset artwork.

It keeps on hanging on me and i see a oops window popping up.

here is the error log

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadMovieSetArtwork()
at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BatchRescrape()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)