Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-07-03

New Release.

Media Companion 3.623b

There are a few XBMC Link fixes in this release, please give feedback on this function, preferably on Media Companions site, as a Discussion or an Issue.

New:
  • Movie - Missing Tagline filter in General Filters.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fixed internal webbrowser initial exception.
  • Movie - Fixed crash if no MovieSet ID and Download MovieSet Artwork selected to autoscrape.
  • Movie - Fix Countries filter only able to filter by 1st country in nfo.
  • Movie - Change moviesetid fix crash.
  • Movie - XBMC link - Add missing transition.
  • Movie - XBMC link - Downgrade unexpected events to warnings.
  • Movie - XBMC link - Update folder mappings form to mention Kodi's folders are case sensitive.
  • Movie - XBMC link - Fix Retries count not getting updated.
  • Movie - Fix Tagline from IMDB.
  • TV - Fix Scraping special episodes and save folder.jpg selected, but no artwork on TVDB..

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.623b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - lionking15 - 2015-07-03

Thank you, that worked Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - kickserves - 2015-07-05

I am having some issues with scraping episodes and adding new tv shows. This started about 2 weeks ago and before that MC has been working great for the last 2 years or more. I have tried switching between the latest and older versions and it's the same story every time..

This is what happens when I try to add a new show(doesn't matter which show, the result is the same ):
After that a blank line is added to the show list. Also if it helps 79257.xml is nowhere to be found on my machine.

When I try to scrape new episodes on an existing show, this is what happens :
Again, nothing gets scraped and no nfo files are created.

Could any one help me with fixing this? Thanks in advance.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-07-06

Hej I have noticed for some movies and tvshows it says there are no fanart.tv results even though there is I cant remember wich movies but for show supergirl it keeps saying there is no results

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - kickserves - 2015-07-06

Finally when I try to manually search for the new show that failed on the "TV Show Selector", it crashes with this error :

Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.LoadXml(String Input)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.util_LanguageListLoad()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ShowChangedRePopulate()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TabControl3_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The show in question here is "Planet Earth" if that helps. Although it is the same error for every new show I try to add.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-07-06

(2015-07-05, 23:51)kickserves Wrote: I am having some issues with scraping episodes and adding new tv shows. This started about 2 weeks ago and before that MC has been working great for the last 2 years or more. I have tried switching between the latest and older versions and it's the same story every time..

This is what happens when I try to add a new show(doesn't matter which show, the result is the same ):
After that a blank line is added to the show list. Also if it helps 79257.xml is nowhere to be found on my machine.

When I try to scrape new episodes on an existing show, this is what happens :
Again, nothing gets scraped and no nfo files are created.

Could any one help me with fixing this? Thanks in advance.

(2015-07-06, 01:21)kickserves Wrote: Finally when I try to manually search for the new show that failed on the "TV Show Selector", it crashes with this error :

Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.LoadXml(String Input)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.util_LanguageListLoad()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ShowChangedRePopulate()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TabControl3_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The show in question here is "Planet Earth" if that helps. Although it is the same error for every new show I try to add.

Planet Earth added with no problems to Media Companion MC 3.623b.

Scraped S01E01 & S01E02 of The Brink, no problem.

I suspect either Firewall or Antivirus is blocking called from Media Companion.
Also, if you haven't already, reboot your modem/router. I had issues once trying to scrape movies from TVDB, and this solved my problem. Weird.

Lastly, re-extract Media Companion to a new folder, and set it up again. The last error you got regarding XmlTextReader, saying missing root element, is leaning towards either corrupt datafiles, or missing files for Media Companion.

(2015-07-06, 01:37)vbat99 Wrote: Planet Earth added with no problems to Media Companion MC 3.623b.

Also, if you haven't already, reboot your modem/router. I had issues once trying to scrape movies from TVDB, and this solved my problem. Weird.

Lastly, re-extract Media Companion to a new folder, and set it up again. The last error you got regarding XmlTextReader, saying missing root element, is leaning towards either corrupt datafiles, or missing files for Media Companion.

I did all these mentioned. These are the things I have tried :
1) restarted router and modem
2) Changed versions with the same initial installation
3) Set up a new version to a different folder and setting up show folders from scratch
4) Completely disabled anti-virus

Clearly it's not an tvdb issue as this and several other shows I have tried are listed there.

EDIT : Do you know where the data files are stored and I can take a look at them?

(2015-07-06, 01:00)ztrust Wrote: Hej I have noticed for some movies and tvshows it says there are no fanart.tv results even though there is I cant remember wich movies but for show supergirl it keeps saying there is no results

It seems Fanart.Tv has three listing for Supergirl Tv show, and the one with fanart, doesn't use the TVDB ID number.
Supergirl on TVDB Id is 295759,

where Fanart.Tv give three results
Supergirl 293041 0 images
Supergirl 295759 0 images This one is the right ID for TVDB
Supergirl (2015) 296039 10 images.

I suspect Fanart.Tv has to correct this problem, and I've raised this question on their Forum. https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=357

(2015-07-06, 01:45)kickserves Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 01:37)vbat99 Wrote: Planet Earth added with no problems to Media Companion MC 3.623b.

I did all these mentioned. These are the things I have tried :
1) restarted router and modem
2) Changed versions with the same initial installation
3) Set up a new version to a different folder and setting up show folders from scratch
4) Completely disabled anti-virus

Clearly it's not an tvdb issue as this and several other shows I have tried are listed there.

EDIT : Do you know where the data files are stored and I can take a look at them?

All Media Companion files are within the Media Companion folder, or sub folders.
But, looking further into the error, I see its caused by incorrect return result from TVDB.

Still leaning towards something blocking MC, or some setting issue. For this to start a couple of weeks ago, is leaning towards a local issue.
What version of Windows? Have you got Dot Net 4.0 client installed? Last idea is to PM me a link to where I could download a copy of your config.xml file for Media Companion....but I suspect this may not be the issue as you've tried a few different versions of MC.

(2015-07-06, 02:00)vbat99 Wrote: All Media Companion files are within the Media Companion folder, or sub folders.
But, looking further into the error, I see its caused by incorrect return result from TVDB.

Still leaning towards something blocking MC, or some setting issue. For this to start a couple of weeks ago, is leaning towards a local issue.
What version of Windows? Have you got Dot Net 4.0 client installed? Last idea is to PM me a link to where I could download a copy of your config.xml file for Media Companion....but I suspect this may not be the issue as you've tried a few different versions of MC.

ok. Set up MC on my laptop fresh and it worked with no issues. Zipped up and copied the entire folder to my PC and it's the same issue as before.

So it seems like something on my machine is blocking MC. It's not the antivirus as it's on the laptop as well and also tried disabling it. Now just have to figure out what it might be. Stupid crap is making me waste a lot of time Sad

Thanks for your help though.

(2015-07-06, 05:30)kickserves Wrote: ok. Set up MC on my laptop fresh and it worked with no issues. Zipped up and copied the entire folder to my PC and it's the same issue as before.

So it seems like something on my machine is blocking MC. It's not the antivirus as it's on the laptop as well and also tried disabling it. Now just have to figure out what it might be. Stupid crap is making me waste a lot of time Sad

Thanks for your help though.

Darn computers, big time wasters... LOL. Well, glad you were able to isolate the issue down to the PC.
What OS are you running? If Windows 7, I suggest enabling dot net 3.5. (here's a good tuitorial on how to enable it. http://csharpdotnetfreak.blogspot.com/2012/06/install-net-framework35-sp1-windows7.html )

Otherwise, check permissions, Check Dot Net 4.0 is not broken. (there are M$oft tools to check this)...Make sure Media Companion isn't in a Secure folder, ie: put in C Drive, C:\Media Companion (or C:\MC for short. I actually have C:\MC, and then in this folder a folder called _Current. Then I can extract other builds within the C:\MC folder)

Hope some of those suggestions help. Good Luck.

(2015-07-06, 06:30)vbat99 Wrote: Darn computers, big time wasters... LOL. Well, glad you were able to isolate the issue down to the PC.
What OS are you running? If Windows 7, I suggest enabling dot net 3.5. (here's a good tuitorial on how to enable it. http://csharpdotnetfreak.blogspot.com/2012/06/install-net-framework35-sp1-windows7.html )

Otherwise, check permissions, Check Dot Net 4.0 is not broken. (there are M$oft tools to check this)...Make sure Media Companion isn't in a Secure folder, ie: put in C Drive, C:\Media Companion (or C:\MC for short. I actually have C:\MC, and then in this folder a folder called _Current. Then I can extract other builds within the C:\MC folder)

Hope some of those suggestions help. Good Luck.

Big Grin

I am on Win 8.1. Checked for .net and have ver 4.5.2 installed. Used the verifier tool to check for every version from 3.5 sp1 up to 4.5.2 and all of the said pass. I have MC installed to D:\MC folder.

Seems like it's the communication between tvdb and MC is what's being affected. When I click to get fanart for an existing show, the request times out. Same thing happens when I go to the TVDB/IMDB button for the show. If I hit the TVDB button, it crashes while the IMDB one works fine. When scraping for episode or show data, it times out and I get the "TVDB appears to be down" message - probably b'cos of the time out set in the code. I can access TVDB from any browser with no issues. Wonder what the heck is going on ? I get this message constantly.

Any insight from the developer's perspective?

I really should get rid of that message. It was placed to catch a different error, but keep forgetting it's still in MC.

I can only suspect firewall, either windows or in an antivirus program. As you can access the sites from a browser, it means something is blocking mediacompanion from accessing the internet.

You don't use a proxy by any chance?

I'm hard pressed to guess what is actually going on.
You mentioned this started a few weeks ago? Any new programs installed back then?

(2015-07-06, 07:16)vbat99 Wrote: I really should get rid of that message. It was placed to catch a different error, but keep forgetting it's still in MC.

I can only suspect firewall, either windows or in an antivirus program. As you can access the sites from a browser, it means something is blocking mediacompanion from accessing the internet.

You don't use a proxy by any chance?

I'm hard pressed to guess what is actually going on.
You mentioned this started a few weeks ago? Any new programs installed back then?

That's the interesting part. MC can access imdb for both TV and movies and TMDB for movies. Only TVDB is being blocked. No proxies. I uninstalled a couple of unrelated programs that I had installed in the last few weeks.

I have disabled the firewall as well. So very weird.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - artistwantab - 2015-07-12

New software working great for me.

One small issue and wondering what my work around may be.

TV scraper wont let me scrape ":". The title American Chopper: Senior vs Junior wont scrape at all.

It finds the movie fine when I go to tv show selector but the title seems to stop if from moving beyond that point.

Also, future upgrade. When scraping a screen shot in home videos, I would love to see it scrape say every 1 minute and then give me say 8 options of which SS to save. Just an idea.