Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2015-08-21

OK, PM'd. Thanks for looking into this. If you need anything else, let me know

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-21, 06:42)RonnieG3 Wrote: OK, PM'd. Thanks for looking into this. If you need anything else, let me know

Thanks, got it.

Darn, that's not going to be easy to test.

I suspected that you might be using network path for actors, and this is where the error message is coming from.

Can you check you can access the network path that you are attempting to save all actors to?
You'll probably find in the movie folder you have a .actors folder., but you are also saving to
\\WIN-KQ5RIVJIMRB\My Pictures\XBMC\.actors, and this path is probably a protected folder, which MC can't access. (guessing as the folder is called My Pictures.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-21

So I'm guessing the Kodi team hasn't figured out a way to use one (1) folder - a central folder - for all actors' images?
I mean as it stands now, there are duplicate images, and they are consuming HDD space.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-21, 14:30)marhutchy Wrote: So I'm guessing the Kodi team hasn't figured out a way to use one (1) folder - a central folder - for all actors' images?
I mean as it stands now, there are duplicate images, and they are consuming HDD space.

No, they have not. Use a single folder with MC and it works fine.

(2015-08-21, 14:39)bobrap Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 14:30)marhutchy Wrote: So I'm guessing the Kodi team hasn't figured out a way to use one (1) folder - a central folder - for all actors' images?

No, they have not. Use a single folder with MC and it works fine.

Wait - are you saying that I can have a central folder with actors images, and no .Actors folder in each media?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-21

Yes

(2015-08-21, 11:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 06:42)RonnieG3 Wrote: OK, PM'd. Thanks for looking into this. If you need anything else, let me know

Thanks, got it.

Darn, that's not going to be easy to test.

I suspected that you might be using network path for actors, and this is where the error message is coming from.

Can you check you can access the network path that you are attempting to save all actors to?
You'll probably find in the movie folder you have a .actors folder., but you are also saving to
\\WIN-KQ5RIVJIMRB\My Pictures\XBMC\.actors, and this path is probably a protected folder, which MC can't access. (guessing as the folder is called My Pictures.

Yeah, I'll have to wait until I get off work, but seeing it laid out like this, I might know what the problem is: Network address was updated when I updated to Win10 and added another point of entry. Hmmm... Well, if that's what it is, that should be an easy fix: just have to update the path (I hope).

Pictures folder should be fully shared. Just made sense to move those folders off a smaller C:\ Drive. I have a thumbnails folder hard linked to the KODI path so my drive doesn't fill up.

I think I remember the reason i even set this up this way is i was experimenting with the central .actor folder to prevent duplicate actor images all through my library, but it didn't work right for me - saving issue or showed incorrectly or something. I need to re-read the portion of the central .actors folder.

I'll post when I get home a give this "simple" fix a try.

Thanks again Wink

What's up with this?

That's one episode.
What it's actually doing is replicating the other episodes, but keep episode 8's title.

Rescrape season is greyed out.

marhutchy

This has happened to me a couple times. Did you delete or change the episode file then rescrape? When I did a refresh, everything showed up in the list correctly granted my nfo's showed the right info). Is it just that way in the list, or are the episodes scraped wrong too?

Media Companion and Local Actor Path. - vbat99 - 2015-08-21

In Media Companion, users can select to save actor's images to two ways, and both at the same time.

1 General Preferences, Save Actor Thumbs to '.Actors' Folder
........ Creates a '.actors' folder in each movie's folder. - Pretty self explanatory.

2 Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab.
.....Select Enable Save Actor Thumbs
Once selected, user has access to
Save actor as Actor_Name.extn
Local Path :-
and
XBMC Path :-

Set local path to the location where you want to save all actors images. This should also be a folder that XBMC can access.
ie: Z:\actorsimages\ (Example is a mapped network drive in windows)

Next set the XBMC path. This is the path to the actorsimages folder. If the XBMC/Kodi install is on a windows machine, then setting to the same as Local Path is sufficient.
If not then this path needs to be in the formation of
smb:\\NAS\disk_1\actorsimages

All actor images are saved within this folder, in sub folders. If Save actor as Actor_Name.extn is selected the you will get a max of 26 sub folders as actors are stored in a sub folder of the first letter of their name:
ie: Z:\actorsimages\A\Alan_Rickman.jpg

Finally, it is the XBMC path that is stored in the nfo for the movie, and XBMC/Kodi will read this path to upload and cache the saved Image.

Hope this sheds some light on this feature.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Enlightened - 2015-08-21

Just saw the x64 version. Testing it out now. Thanks for adding it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-22

(2015-08-21, 21:48)RonnieG3 Wrote: marhutchy

This has happened to me a couple times. Did you delete or change the episode file then rescrape? When I did a refresh, everything showed up in the list correctly granted my nfo's showed the right info). Is it just that way in the list, or are the episodes scraped wrong too?

No, I didn't; I had a previous nfo created from MediaElch though.
Just that way in the list.

I deleted the nfos, refresh and rescraped. Problem persist.

(2015-08-21, 23:34)vbat99 Wrote: ...

Seeing that I have all my actors in a .actors folder for each media, what do you recommend I do?
I want to utilize the central folder now.

What If I have the folder on a shared drive and the drive changed.
How will I modify all the necessary nfos?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-22

(2015-08-22, 00:04)marhutchy Wrote:

I am interested in getting a copy of the MediaElch scraped tvshow.nfo, as well as the episode nfo's so I can check MC is playing nicely with nfo's created by other programs.
It won't ensure that MC nfo's will play nicely in MediaElch, but ensure MC can correctly read their nfo's.
Please upload and PM me a link to these nfo's for download.

marhutchy Wrote:
vbat99 Wrote:...

Seeing that I have all my actors in a .actors folder for each media, what do you recommend I do?

There's no easy way to switch to a Central Actor folder if already scraped to .actors.

If you no longer want the .actors folder, then delete them.

Setup MC for Local Path and XBMC Path, and use the Batch Rescrape Wizard to rescrape and download actor images to the new location.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-22

(2015-08-22, 00:26)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-22, 00:04)marhutchy Wrote:

I am interested in getting a copy of the MediaElch scraped tvshow.nfo, as well as the episode nfo's so I can check MC is playing nicely with nfo's created by other programs.
It won't ensure that MC nfo's will play nicely in MediaElch, but ensure MC can correctly read their nfo's.
Please upload and PM me a link to these nfo's for download.

marhutchy Wrote:
vbat99 Wrote:...

There's no easy way to switch to a Central Actor folder if already scraped to .actors.

If you no longer want the .actors folder, then delete them.

Setup MC for Local Path and XBMC Path, and use the Batch Rescrape Wizard to rescrape and download actor images to the new location.

Pm'd you.

I will do this now.
Just one more thing... Is this different for the .Actors in the TV Show folders?
I mean this setting is in the Movies settings, not the General settings.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-22

(2015-08-22, 00:48)marhutchy Wrote: Pm'd you.

I will do this now.
Just one more thing... Is this different for the .Actors in the TV Show folders?
I mean this setting is in the Movies settings, not the General settings.

I "Believe" that the setting in Movies covers TV as well.
But don't quote me on that.

The issue of the same multiple actor image in movies isn't as abundant in TV Series.