Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-24

(2015-08-24, 01:57)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Have a quick question about rebuild/rewrite nfos. In the movie section, rebuild nfos will rewrite the correct location of actors. Meaning if they were originally stored on c:\actors, the nfo showed c:\actors. If I move the actors folder to d:\actors and rebuild the nfo files, thay are changed to show the new location (as set in movie preferences). Is rewrite nfos in the TV section supposed to work the same? Not working for me if it is supposed to.

Fix in place for next release. When selecting rewrite nfo's, and network path for actors has changed, now corrects the saved thumb path in series nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-24

If you use the IMDB scraper, the title drop down gives you a list of alternate titles. I was hoping that maybe "title" could be added to "scrape the following from IMDB". That way one can use TMDB scraper and still have access to alternate titles. Comes in handy for foreign films.

I get it now.

Like how we have options to get votes, outline from IMDb when using xbmc tmdb scraper.

Can be done.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-24

Outstanding. Thanks very much. Had another question. I'm a little cornfused about the "empty cache and series folder". When and for what would that be used. Doesn't that get rid of the series xml files. You would have to re-scrape everything if you needed/wanted the xml files for the "airs before/after thing", right? No biggie, just curious.

(2015-08-24, 05:26)bobrap Wrote: Outstanding. Thanks very much. Had another question. I'm a little cornfused about the "empty cache and series folder". When and for what would that be used. Doesn't that get rid of the series xml files. You would have to re-scrape everything if you needed/wanted the xml files for the "airs before/after thing", right? No biggie, just curious.

Some times a fresh start is all that's needed, and cleaning out the cache and xml files, means next time MC needs those files, it gets fresh versions. Also, this cleans out cached dl images & dl scrape data.
It's been very handy for me, specially when testing, as MC usually checks the cache file exists first before downloading it. Except for xml, I have a two week limit on those before they get replaced anyway.

Now, as for AKAS titles, this has been added, and will be in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-25

New Release.

Media Companion 3.626b & MC3.626b x64

Plenty of new features, fixes and improvements.
First up. Checkedlistboxes on all Root movie folders. TV, Movies and Home Movies.

1. For TV Root folders, if unselected, Series from chosen root folder are removed from *List of Series Folders.*
On any checked TV Root folder, user can right-click and select to add from chosen root folder.

2. Tv Series status on browser tab. Also two new TV filters to show *Ended* or *Continuing* series.
For this to work properly, *Users MUST run Batch rescrape Wizard* Selecting
Premiered & Series Status
And finally, do a Refresh All
(Premiered is required to fill a data field that MC has been missing for I don't know how long...)
I look forward to hearing users thoughts and experiences.

3. Users wanting to know if they're running 32 or 64 bit builds, look at the Title bar of Media Companion. At the end of the Version number, you'll see 32bit or 64 bit. Also, added Help->About, listing past developers and build type.

4. Movies also gets new features.
a. Studio Filter.
b. If using XBMC TMDb scraper, users can now choose to download AKA titles from IMDB.

Edit
5. TV Saving of folder.jpg
Note: You need to have the two options for
Save folder.jpg in Series folder & Save folder.jpg in Season folders if folders exist. selected.
In the TV Batch Rescrape Wizard, If you select Posters, only the Series folder.jpg is saved.
Selecting Season Art, will ensure folder.jpg is save to existing SeasonXX folders.

So, Hope this fills some more blanks for users.

As Always, post up discuussion or Issues, and you'll get some sort of an answer.
New:
  • Media Companion x86 build and x64 build.
  • Media Companion - Added Help -> About with info if 32 or 64 bit build.
  • TV - CheckedListBox for TV Root Folders. If unchecking, will remove series from List of Series Folders.
  • TV - TV Root folder CheckedListBox - context menu to add from selected root folder to series list.
  • TV - Added Series Status. Scrape, rescrape, Batch Rescrape Wizard. Continuing, Ended or Unknown.
  • TV - Added filter by Ended or Continuing series status.
  • Movie - New Studio Filter.
  • Movie - Add option to get Alternative titles from IMDB when using TMDB scraper..

Fixed:
  • TV - Tv Show Selector tab now displays series path for ease of identifying what series is selected.
  • TV - Fixed episodes in separate folders and MC fooled into finding multiepisodes.
  • TV - Fix TV Batch Rescrape not saving folder.jpg to series folder, or to season folders.
  • TV - Improved TV Batch Rescrape speed regarding artwork, ie: check if exists first before downloading.
  • TV - Fixed Tv Actor network path rebuild on Batch Wizard rewrite all nfo's.
  • TV - Export. Added <<show_plot>>, <<show_nfo:plot>>, <<show_nfoConfusedhowtitle>> and <<show_nfoConfusedorttitle>>.
  • TV - Altered episode scraper to remove Show title and year (if present) to improve matching episode numbers.
  • TV - Don't erase Series XML files every start and stop of MC.
  • Movie - root folder checkbox improvements
  • Movie - Improve speed on rescrape wizard/rescrape specific when XBMC TMDB scraper selected..

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC x86 3.626b & MC x64 3.626b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-25

We can't add our own tags to the movies?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-25

(2015-08-25, 15:32)marhutchy Wrote: We can't add our own tags to the movies?

Look under movie and tag sets.

Don't laugh - honestly, don't laugh Big Grin

Wouldn't think of it Smile

Great job on the latest. Just saw a few things. The rewrite nfo option in TV doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I correct that you had changed the nfo editor to be the default program for viewing/editing nfo files? Unless I add alternate viewer to notepad ++ (the default program), viewing nfo files always uses MS notepad. Alignment problems are fixed (at least for me).

Do have one request. The filters for TV are great. Is there a way that if I set filter to show continuing shows, shows that are not continuing are removed from the list. Just seems that it would save a lot of scrolling for those that have large collections. Or maybe a switch to give users a choice to still see all the shows, both dimmed and not dimmed. Thanks again for a great release.

Wow this must me a memory leak, but I can't reproduce it.

(2015-08-25, 18:01)bobrap Wrote: Great job on the latest. Just saw a few things. The rewrite nfo option in TV doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I correct that you had changed the nfo editor to be the default program for viewing/editing nfo files? Unless I add alternate viewer to notepad ++ (the default program), viewing nfo files always uses MS notepad. Alignment problems are fixed (at least for me).

Do have one request. The filters for TV are great. Is there a way that if I set filter to show continuing shows, shows that are not continuing are removed from the list. Just seems that it would save a lot of scrolling for those that have large collections. Or maybe a switch to give users a choice to still see all the shows, both dimmed and not dimmed. Thanks again for a great release.

Will check the tv rewrite nfo. That's the one in Batch Rescrape? Still doesn't correct the central actor image path?

Nfo edit is default text editor in Windows....which is notepad. Unless, as you mention, you select an alternative viewer like Notepad++.

I wanted to have the filter remove series not matching Ended or Continuing, but the treeview and tvcache are tied together, so removing any Ended series, would remove them also from tvcache.
I'm looking into what can be done.

(2015-08-25, 19:11)marhutchy Wrote: Wow this must me a memory leak, but I can't reproduce it.

Nope, that could be right, depending on the volume of TV Series, TV Episodes and Movies in your MC database.

I loaded up 5K of movies for a test...Then switch to Wall View, and got a memory foot-print in excess of 1.8GB after it had loaded all posters in Wall view.
This ram isn't release till MC is closed, as its a trade off between quickly showing Wall view, or reloading Wall view every time that tab is selected.

Hey, what's 2gig of ram these days....most PC's have more than that.. LOL.

As for the memory leaks, I squashed a ton of these at build 3.623, which I switch to VS2015. Visual Studio 2015 has a lovely memory usage graph, and it was easy to see when MC gained memory usage and didn't let it go. Currently, only Wall View is the memory hog.

(2015-08-25, 19:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 18:01)bobrap Wrote: Great job on the latest. Just saw a few things. The rewrite nfo option in TV doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I correct that you had changed the nfo editor to be the default program for viewing/editing nfo files? Unless I add alternate viewer to notepad ++ (the default program), viewing nfo files always uses MS notepad. Alignment problems are fixed (at least for me).

Will check the tv rewrite nfo. That's the one in Batch Rescrape? Still doesn't correct the central actor image path?

Nfo edit is default text editor in Windows....which is notepad. Unless, as you mention, you select an alternative viewer like Notepad++.

I wanted to have the filter remove series not matching Ended or Continuing, but the treeview and tvcache are tied together, so removing any Ended series, would remove them also from tvcache.
I'm looking into what can be done.

Oh I see. So, if we select to see only Ended series, it will dim Continuing and Unknown series and highlights the Ended series?
I assume it's a dim and an highlight, because I'm still able to select the Continuing series although I filtered on Ended.

(2015-08-25, 20:04)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 19:11)marhutchy Wrote: Wow this must me a memory leak, but I can't reproduce it.

Nope, that could be right, depending on the volume of TV Series, TV Episodes and Movies in your MC database.

I loaded up 5K of movies for a test...Then switch to Wall View, and got a memory foot-print in excess of 1.8GB after it had loaded all posters in Wall view.
This ram isn't release till MC is closed, as its a trade off between quickly showing Wall view, or reloading Wall view every time that tab is selected.

Hey, what's 2gig of ram these days....most PC's have more than that.. LOL.

As for the memory leaks, I squashed a ton of these at build 3.623, which I switch to VS2015. Visual Studio 2015 has a lovely memory usage graph, and it was easy to see when MC gained memory usage and didn't let it go. Currently, only Wall View is the memory hog.

Are you laughing at my 2GB ram? Laugh
It's a laptop... I have every intention on upgrading when I get a job, seeing that I just left university Smile

You're right about that Wall View thing.
I have 700+ movies and 120+ tv shows.
I noticed the jump when I accessed wall view, plus I had selected the multi-thread or core settngs in the General Settings (can't remember the name).
I disabled it now though.

I was meaning to ask: MC's written in python and sql?