Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-03

(2015-09-03, 15:14)marhutchy Wrote: That's true. Okay.

So the tag
Code:
<showlink>Elementary</showlink>
Can this still be implemented in MC so we can link them manually?
I mean, when we select the dropdown we would get a list of all our series currently cached in MC, and we link them ourself.

Yup, added to the alt Movie Editor for now. Can either Type the title, or browse to the series folder, where it will load the tvshow.nfo and get the series title.

Did think of a Drop box with all loaded series, but might do something similar. Still in progress.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-09-03

(2015-09-03, 20:10)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 15:14)marhutchy Wrote: That's true. Okay.

So the tag
Code:
<showlink>Elementary</showlink>
Can this still be implemented in MC so we can link them manually?
I mean, when we select the dropdown we would get a list of all our series currently cached in MC, and we link them ourself.

Yup, added to the alt Movie Editor for now. Can either Type the title, or browse to the series folder, where it will load the tvshow.nfo and get the series title.

Did think of a Drop box with all loaded series, but might do something similar. Still in progress.

Great! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2015-09-05

Any trick to getting MC to properly scrape 3DBD ISOs? Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-05

(2015-09-05, 03:41)clubwerks Wrote: Any trick to getting MC to properly scrape 3DBD ISOs? Thanks.

Not at this time.

BluRay iso's aren't being read by Media Companion until I can get my hands on the source-code for media-rar.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2015-09-06

Thanks. What do I do about a movie that just won't scrape properly. I have Home 3D and it scrapes to everything but the right movie I'm assuming because it's an ISO.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-06

(2015-09-06, 08:20)clubwerks Wrote: Thanks. What do I do about a movie that just won't scrape properly. I have Home 3D and it scrapes to everything but the right movie I'm assuming because it's an ISO.

Whats the full filename and folder structure. I'll have a look and see why it won't scrape.
ISO's will scrape, its just for BD images it won't get the media-info.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-09-11

Not sure it was MC issue but some of my movie don't have runtime. I rescrapped all of them with "rescrap specific/runtime/from file" but i only get "0 min".

Otherwise i would like to propose some features :
- a resize button in the poster/fanart tab so we don't need to resize all the poster/fanart in one go for only some movies
- a dropdown menu for mpaa as for set but that we can manually edit so we can choose mpaa faster (there are only 5 in french, 8 if you count the "not recommended").

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-12

(2015-09-11, 22:44)Levi59 Wrote: Not sure it was MC issue but some of my movie don't have runtime. I rescrapped all of them with "rescrap specific/runtime/from file" but i only get "0 min".

Otherwise i would like to propose some features :
- a resize button in the poster/fanart tab so we don't need to resize all the poster/fanart in one go for only some movies
- a dropdown menu for mpaa as for set but that we can manually edit so we can choose mpaa faster (there are only 5 in french, 8 if you count the "not recommended").

Runtime from file will only update the <durationinseconds> tag in the streamdetails.
Click on the heading Runtime in Media Companion browser, and it will switch between Runtime from IMDB/TMDb, and Media durationinseconds(converted to minutes).

Not sure what your asking for on Resize button. By default you can crop from poster/fanart tabs, or you have the size set in Preferences, and on Save, the Poster/Fanart is saved to your preferred sizing.

Selection box on mpaa may be possible. I know we have a xml file listing different mpaa ratings, so may be possible to have a select box, but won't be a dropbox, more like the Genre select box (right click on the genre field and a box opens for user to select/alter genre.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-09-12

the <durationinseconds> tag isn't updated for some files and i don't know if it's from my files or from MC.

For the resize, i chosen the size in "Movie preference/Artwork/Image resizing" but when i save a poster. It keep it's original size.

Not sure if you talk about the same thing. Here is the box i speak of.
A majority of the movies don't have the mpaa or the wrong one (french mpaa are definitely too lax)

Another option that would be interesting, a button to ignore season (and the corresponding folder). When the search for new episode is launch, it would not check the season folder who was ignored. It would be more efficient and faster. For TV Show with a large number of season, it's a pain to add new episode...

(2015-09-12, 21:07)Levi59 Wrote: the <durationinseconds> tag isn't updated for some files and i don't know if it's from my files or from MC.

For the resize, i chosen the size in "Movie preference/Artwork/Image resizing" but when i save a poster. It keep it's original size.

Not sure if you talk about the same thing. Here is the box i speak of.
A majority of the movies don't have the mpaa or the wrong one (french mpaa are definitely too lax)

Another option that would be interesting, a button to ignore season (and the corresponding folder). When the search for new episode is launch, it would not check the season folder who was ignored. It would be more efficient and faster. For TV Show with a large number of season, it's a pain to add new episode...

<duration in seconds> is only updated if scraping or re-scraping Media Tags, as this is only gotten from the video file, and would only change if you replaced the video file with another, or edited the file to say cut off the start/end credits.

I will look into the saving of artwork. It should be saved to your selected preference, but maybe something goofed.

As for mpaa selection, I'll look into this as a r-click, context menu to select difference mpaa ratings, as long as the mpaa.xml we have is viable.

And sorry, but won't be setting up to ignore a season during scan for new episodes. It can't be done as MC does not know if you've placed the new episode in a Season folder, or under the root folder.
It is best to scan the complete Series folder for new episodes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-09-12

I have done a rescrap of the media tag for the movies with "0 min" in runtime box but nothing has changed. Why these 8 movies over 1000 other can't be scrapped automatically?

Here the fileinfo section in nfo of one of them :
Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>694</height>
                <aspect>1,84</aspect>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <format>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</format>
                <durationinseconds>
                </durationinseconds>
                <container>.mkv</container>
                <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <language>fre</language>
                <DefaultTrack>Yes</DefaultTrack>
                <codec>AAC</codec>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
            <subtitle>
                <language>fre</language>
                <language>fre</language>
            </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

(2015-09-12, 22:00)Levi59 Wrote: I have done a rescrap of the media tag for the movies with "0 min" in runtime box but nothing has changed. Why these 8 movies over 1000 other can't be scrapped automatically?

Here the fileinfo section in nfo of one of them :
Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>694</height>
                <aspect>1,84</aspect>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <format>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</format>
                <durationinseconds>
                </durationinseconds>
                <container>.mkv</container>
                <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <language>fre</language>
                <DefaultTrack>Yes</DefaultTrack>
                <codec>AAC</codec>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
            <subtitle>
                <language>fre</language>
                <language>fre</language>
            </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

Apologies, I should have asked if the file was an ISO, and from the above info, it is.
We can not get the duration from an ISO, as it is not possible to find and calcuate the runtime:
a. from a compressed file
b. Calculated over multiple vob files.
c. To know which vob set is the actual main stream.

So for any ISO file, <durationinseconds> will be empty.

Regarding Mpaa Selection
Apologies, but MC does not have a listing of every mpaa certificate, for every country.
This means making a context menu selection box is not possible.
Sorry, Manually change is the only option.

Sorry, it seems I jumped the gun.

Re-looking at the posted stream details, it shows the container is a MKV.
There has been no problem in getting the duration from MKV files.
So I am interested in possibly getting a sample. PM me a link to download either the original file, or can you upload somewhere and PM a link.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-09-13

i will upload a file but i need some time (poor brandwith).

As for the mpaa, can't you use the rating of MC database as for the set box. If i can choose between a list or manual entry, i can deal with any eventuality. Since you have enough movie, there's not need for xml file.

For the ignore option, you can add a setting so MC could know how is organized the TV Shows.
If it's "Name/Season/episodes", then we could activate "ignore completed season" option so that when i do a "Search for new episode", it ignore season's folder marked as completed. When as for me, we have very slow local network, it take a while to add episode for NCIS or Criminal minds...
I don't propose this option for entire TV show because it's not needed. You only need to remove him from MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-13

(2015-09-13, 01:42)Levi59 Wrote: i will upload a file but i need some time (poor brandwith).

As for the mpaa, can't you use the rating of MC database as for the set box. If i can choose between a list or manual entry, i can deal with any eventuality. Since you have enough movie, there's not need for xml file.

For the ignore option, you can add a setting so MC could know how is organized the TV Shows.
If it's "Name/Season/episodes", then we could activate "ignore completed season" option so that when i do a "Search for new episode", it ignore season's folder marked as completed. When as for me, we have very slow local network, it take a while to add episode for NCIS or Criminal minds...
I don't propose this option for entire TV show because it's not needed. You only need to remove him from MC.

Can wait for the file. Drop me a PM when its read,

Will have a look, see if MPAA cert from existing movies is possible, but will have to figure out safe guards if no movies in database.

And for TV ignoring Season just isn't possible in Media Companion. Would require a substantial rewrite of how MC currently handles Tv series, Seasons and Episode locations.
I can say for certain, this isn't something I want to delve into, as it is very likely to break how the cache operates. Also, from past experiences when I was looking to do something similar, the performance decreased to the point that it took longer to handle one season, than to run over the complete series.

And I know what your talking about with NCIS. I have similar issue with SVU, which is into its 17th season soon.

But, there may be a way that I can improve performance in scanning the series and season folders. I'll have a look into that soon.