Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-26

(2015-09-26, 14:29)marhutchy Wrote: I'm back!
Hard drive died. Luckily had everything backed up Smile

So the recent release has the tag to link movie to TV series?
Is that a manual thing for us?
How do we go about doing that?

Welcome back.

To link a Movie to a Series.
right click the movie, select Edit Movie (Alternative)

Just above the Trailer URL entry is the new Series Link with buttons to the side
Either click List of Cached Series which will give you a list of TV Series already loaded in Media Companion
or click Browse to Series to Link where you browse to the Series folder you want to link this movie to. Media Companion will check the folder for a tvshow.nfo to validate and get the series Title.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-09-27

(2015-09-26, 21:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 14:29)marhutchy Wrote: I'm back!
Hard drive died. Luckily had everything backed up Smile

So the recent release has the tag to link movie to TV series?
Is that a manual thing for us?
How do we go about doing that?

Welcome back.

To link a Movie to a Series.
right click the movie, select Edit Movie (Alternative)

Just above the Trailer URL entry is the new Series Link with buttons to the side
Either click List of Cached Series which will give you a list of TV Series already loaded in Media Companion
or click Browse to Series to Link where you browse to the Series folder you want to link this movie to. Media Companion will check the folder for a tvshow.nfo to validate and get the series Title.

Cheers

Great work!
You added it perfectly; it works perfectly Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-09-28

Got another bug.

When adding a movie the Premiere date gets scraped. However, when rescraping the date, it's respective control remains null.
I don't know why, but all my Premiere dates are null, except the recently added movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-28

(2015-09-28, 17:07)marhutchy Wrote: Got another bug.

When adding a movie the Premiere date gets scraped. However, when rescraping the date, it's respective control remains null.
I don't know why, but all my Premiere dates are null, except the recently added movies.

Seems there is a bug here. Will get it sorted for the next release.

Edit: Seems to be TMDB rescrape issue. That narrows it down a bit.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-09-28

Sorted for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-09-28

Great!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2015-10-01

Often when I enter a part of a movie name in the search field and the movie is found it is not displayed: http://i.imgur.com/ifLcCg8.png

How could I show the movie?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-01

(2015-10-01, 08:58)Dirki Wrote: Often when I enter a part of a movie name in the search field and the movie is found it is not displayed: http://i.imgur.com/ifLcCg8.png

How could I show the movie?

Will check soon and see what might be going on.

BTW, from that screenshot I'd give some suggestions.
From the year filter, I see you have at least one movie that didn't scrape correctly. Year starting at 1901 is the default year if a movie fails to scrape.
Also, right click the filters and select Configure Movie Filters and disable those filters you don't use or rarely use.
Check the General filter, it will show you movies that have failed to scrape, as well as other data that might be missing from your movie collection.

I'll get back to you in a bit. Late here so probably in about 12 hrs should have some idea why the issue you've raised occurs.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2015-10-02

Yes, I will try what you say, thank you.

Yes, of course, don't hurry, many thanks vbat99.

It stays the same: http://i.imgur.com/Ygnnd4C.png

Quote:How could I show the movie?
Meant, to show the movie when filtered, without filter it is shown correctly. And when there are at least 2 movies shown while filtering and one of them is not displayed I can click the other one and then click the first one not being shown after, then it is displayed correctly.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-05

So I have the actors folder set up and all's working fine apart from a few duplicates.
Some actors/actresses appear twice because they have different ids from movie and TV show scraper.
I'm guessing there's no way to fix this, because one's scraped from TMDB and the other from TVDB?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-05, 14:12)marhutchy Wrote: So I have the actors folder set up and all's working fine apart from a few duplicates.
Some actors/actresses appear twice because they have different ids from movie and TV show scraper.
I'm guessing there's no way to fix this, because one's scraped from TMDB and the other from TVDB?

Yep, unfortunately not. But it should be very minimal compared to having .actors folders for each movie and each series.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-06

(2015-10-05, 19:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 14:12)marhutchy Wrote: So I have the actors folder set up and all's working fine apart from a few duplicates.

Yep, unfortunately not. But it should be very minimal compared to having .actors folders for each movie and each series.

It is.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2015-10-07

Is there a way to get MC to save me a file with all my movies listed INCLUDING their path? I have 760 movies spread across 8 drives. When one takes a dump, I'd like to be able to easily figure out which movies are gone. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-07

(2015-10-07, 01:33)clubwerks Wrote: Is there a way to get MC to save me a file with all my movies listed INCLUDING their path? I have 760 movies spread across 8 drives. When one takes a dump, I'd like to be able to easily figure out which movies are gone. Thanks.

Sorry for delay in replying, I got carried away tidying up other export templates.
Download this BasicMoviewPathCSVoutput.txt template, and place in in the html_templates folder of Media Companion.

Start Media Companion, and under the Movies heading, select Export Movie List Info and then select Basic Movie with Path & Filename as CSV template.
This will exports as a csv file with the movie title and year, and the full path and filename (with extension).

This template has been added to Media Companion and will be available in the next release.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-15

How close are we to getting the updated version?

As it stands:
  • Premiere date isn't being rescraped (that tag is only filled when doing the first scrape or rescraping everything)
  • Top 250 is empty