Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2015-11-03

Don't kill yourself. I thought maybe a week or so. Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-11-03

New Release.

Media Companion 3.631b, 32 & 64 bit builds

A Few new fixes and features. Enjoy.

If you find scraping is taking ages, please go to General Preferences -> Proxy settings, and set to None

New:
  • TV - Added option to Batch Rescraper, to copy Main banner to SeasonXX banner if said file is not present.
  • TV - Batch Rescraper new option to update all series xml files.
  • Movie - Add option to save Fanart.Tv artwork in <moviename>- format. Yet to be implemented in Artwork Downloader.
  • Movies - New renaming tag '%Fd' for movie folder size. E.g. %F2GB for a 3.142 GB folder would display as '3.14GB'
  • Movie - Now search Title or Filename (depends on selected display option)
  • MC - Place Proxy code at all internet calls in Media Companion. Default setting is to use default system proxy. Best option if not using Proxy, is to select None
  • MC - Added 2160 Resolution (4k) and 3D icon overlays.

Fixed:
  • MC - Fixed Export as Kodi format of illegal filename characters
  • MC - Set default <durationinseconds> value to 1
  • MC - Fix help-about splash to close if lost focus.
  • MC - Changed Kodi MC forum link to current forum thread.
  • TV - Catch couple possible issues if values are empty
  • TV - Fixed episode <uniqeuId> if Rescrape Episode
  • TV - Correct logic error when download missing episode thumbs, only create screenshot if option is selected.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.631b x86 & MC 3.631b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-11-03

Thanks for the latest release. Question about the new tv banner option. In order to copy the main banner to the missing season banner, the poster/s option has to be checked. Is that because there is no option to rescrape banners? Can you also check something in the movie section, please. I have "download actor images from TMDB" selected. If I re-scrape a movie the images are from TMDB. If I use the context menu and scrape actors IMDB is used. Also, could you explain this a bit more. Must be pretty obvious, but, I'm missing it.

Movie - Now search Title or Filename (depends on selected display option)

Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-11-03

The update is working for me - granted I didn't test everything, but it's working great so far Smile

I have 1 problem, been having it ever since I started using this amazing application. It's not a major problem, but I just thought I should throw it out there.

I have duplicated series. I have 2 of the same series in MC. Reason being, for the currently airing series that I'm collecting, I collect by seasons.
For example The Walking Dead. I have this series in one directory with seasons 1 to 5. I have the same series in another directory where new episodes are added. In MC, I see both series fine, but the seasons and episodes are duplicated because the series is duplicated. I can't differentiate which series belong to which directory. I had to add the 2nd directory, because whenever I have to refresh Kodi - it does happen - I would have to mark them as watched again.

One of the reasons why I had to do this is because some of the collected series are .strm files, but the newly added files are media files. Don't want to mix them up.
Also, the media files are automatically scanned daily for subtitles and I would get banned for searching for batch subtitles repeatedly.

Directory 1
The Walking Dead
Season 1

Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 2
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 3
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 4
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 5
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Directory 2
The Walking Dead

Season 6 Episode 1, 2, 3....

Screenshot

(2015-11-03, 18:22)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the latest release. Question about the new tv banner option. In order to copy the main banner to the missing season banner, the poster/s option has to be checked. Is that because there is no option to rescrape banners? Can you also check something in the movie section, please. I have "download actor images from TMDB" selected. If I re-scrape a movie the images are from TMDB. If I use the context menu and scrape actors IMDB is used. Also, could you explain this a bit more. Must be pretty obvious, but, I'm missing it.

Movie - Now search Title or Filename (depends on selected display option)

Thanks.

Gidday bobrap
Yes, cause Posters/Banners are as one type of artwork on TVDB, it was a lot more work to separate posters and banners and potentially would cause problems in existing routines.

Think it might be a label oops on rescraping actors, but I'll look into the code and make sure it's behaving as it should.

Now search Title or Filename
In Media Companion, you could filter the movie list or search for a movie by its title, ie start typing a movie's name and the list would filter down showing matching movies already scraped.
Now if you have the button selected for Title & Year selected, we search by Movie Title, If the Filename button is selected, MC searches the actual video's filename.
It has nothing to do with Scraping of Movie, just searching though the list of movies displayed in Media Companion.

(2015-11-03, 18:27)marhutchy Wrote: The update is working for me - granted I didn't test everything, but it's working great so far Smile

I have 1 problem, been having it ever since I started using this amazing application. It's not a major problem, but I just thought I should throw it out there.

I have duplicated series. I have 2 of the same series in MC. Reason being, for the currently airing series that I'm collecting, I collect by seasons.
For example The Walking Dead. I have this series in one directory with seasons 1 to 5. I have the same series in another directory where new episodes are added. In MC, I see both series fine, but the seasons and episodes are duplicated because the series is duplicated. I can't differentiate which series belong to which directory. I had to add the 2nd directory, because whenever I have to refresh Kodi - it does happen - I would have to mark them as watched again.

One of the reasons why I had to do this is because some of the collected series are .strm files, but the newly added files are media files. Don't want to mix them up.
Also, the media files are automatically scanned daily for subtitles and I would get banned for searching for batch subtitles repeatedly.

Directory 1
The Walking Dead
Season 1

Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 2
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 3
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 4
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 5
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Directory 2
The Walking Dead

Unfortunately, Media Companion will always see this as two separate series and list accordingly.
And, as the current code stands, I can't get this to change as it goes down to the core coding in regards to folder structure when Media Companion finds the tvshow.nfo and also how we bind series and episodes together, by the tvdb series ID.
Your alternative option would be to have profiles in Media Companion, and have your current series in a second profile. This would avoid displaying duplicate series and duplicate episodes.

Edit:
I'll have another look at the code, see if there is anyway I can get around the core structure, but can't promise anything.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-11-03

(2015-11-03, 19:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 18:27)marhutchy Wrote: The update is working for me - granted I didn't test everything, but it's working great so far Smile

Directory 1
The Walking Dead
Season 1

Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 2
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 3
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 4
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 5
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Directory 2
The Walking Dead

Unfortunately, Media Companion will always see this as two separate series and list accordingly.
And, as the current code stands, I can't get this to change as it goes down to the core coding in regards to folder structure when Media Companion finds the tvshow.nfo and also how we bind series and episodes together, by the tvdb series ID.
Your alternative option would be to have profiles in Media Companion, and have your current series in a second profile. This would avoid displaying duplicate series and duplicate episodes.

Edit:
I'll have another look at the code, see if there is anyway I can get around the core structure, but can't promise anything.

I should've stated clearly what my problem was.
I want to see both series as they are now, but only with their respective season, no duplicates.
I like that idea of profile, I've never given that feature a glance will certainly do that now Smile

EDIT:
Yes, that worked. I created a profile just for my TV series collection.
Thanks Smile

Manually adding TV series was quite a task though.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - peter0123 - 2015-11-03

Hi, i have big problems with NFO Files from Media Companion.

Directory:

Filme
+#9 (2009)
| +.actors
| +extrafanart
| +extrathumbs
| #9 (2009).mkv
| #9 (2009).nfo
| #9 (2009)-trailer.mp4
| banner.jpg
| clearart.png
| disc.png
| fanart.jpg
| folder.jpg
| landscape.jpg
| logo.png
| poster.jpg
| thumb.jpg

NFO Samples:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbp3pnh50agfzx7/TinyMedia.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/94bnyhshhlzvoer/MediaComp.7z?dl=0

Picture from Notepad++
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w9tmo1s20um0u5/sample.png?dl=0

Scrapper Settings: Movies/Local Information/Rekursive
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcr2cifgd7m02vz/settings.png?dl=0

Kodi Log: (With new Mysql Database)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5k301rk8w4nbjo/kodi.log?dl=0

Windows Mysql Server Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0vnxkp82ud3i27/MULTI.err?dl=0

Mysql MyVideo99 Database after this Import:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf9uuxj46ovj1hy/dump.sql?dl=0

Kodi Version, different V16, this Log run is: KodiSetup-20151102-8405118-master.exe

Tested with Windows Mysql 5.4.2 & 5.7.9 & latest MariaDB Synology Package on Windows and Android Arm Clients.
The Scrapping stops not all time at the same Movie, but it reach maximum 5-6 before the system stops.
Series ... the same.
With Tinymedia Manager NFOs, no problem exists..

UTF8 correct? äöüß?
With ß are the most problems i think, when you search this, you must search as Big Letter.
Or is the Solution a simple Entry in the advancedsettings.xml?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-11-04

(2015-11-03, 21:24)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 19:30)vbat99 Wrote:

Directory 1
The Walking Dead
Season 1

Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 2
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 3
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 4
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Season 5
Episodes 1, 2, 3...
Directory 2
The Walking Dead

Edit:

I should've stated clearly what my problem was.
I want to see both series as they are now, but only with their respective season, no duplicates.
I like that idea of profile, I've never given that feature a glance will certainly do that now Smile

EDIT:
Yes, that worked. I created a profile just for my TV series collection.
Thanks Smile

Manually adding TV series was quite a task though.

Unfortunately, Can't have both series in MC at the same time. As Both entries will have the same seriesID, and will always allocate to both nodes on the Treeview.
But, glad you got it sorted using a different profile.

BTW, you can drag'n'drop series folders in the List of Series Folders List. Might have been easier to multi-select in Explorer, and DragDrop into MC's list.

(2015-11-03, 23:47)peter0123 Wrote: Hi, i have big problems with NFO Files from Media Companion.

Directory:

Filme
+#9 (2009)
| +.actors
| +extrafanart
| +extrathumbs
| #9 (2009).mkv
| #9 (2009).nfo
| #9 (2009)-trailer.mp4
| banner.jpg
| clearart.png
| disc.png
| fanart.jpg
| folder.jpg
| landscape.jpg
| logo.png
| poster.jpg
| thumb.jpg

Kodi Version, different V16, this Log run is: KodiSetup-20151102-8405118-master.exe

Tested with Windows Mysql 5.4.2 & 5.7.9 & latest MariaDB Synology Package on Windows and Android Arm Clients.
The Scrapping stops not all time at the same Movie, but it reach maximum 5-6 before the system stops.
Series ... the same.
With Tinymedia Manager NFOs, no problem exists..

UTF8 correct? äöüß?
With ß are the most problems i think, when you search this, you must search as Big Letter.
Or is the Solution a simple Entry in the advancedsettings.xml?

I've never looked at Logs before, and Mysql I have no idea.

But, I believe the issue your talking about is special characters that are not being translated correctly. As you mentioned
Quote:äöüß
as an example.

This is actually a Media Companion issue, that I am having difficulty addressing at my end. When every I scrape a movie with these characters, it scrapes correctly, and all plots etc are shown correctly.
So I have a problem in trying to figure out how to duplicate the issue. When I can do that, I am sure I can resolve this once and for all.

BTW, your sample nfo's from Media Companion and Tinymedia Manager are appreciated, but it would be better if you could supply the nfo's of same movies scraped by both apps. This way I can study what is different between these two nfo samples.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2015-11-04

Awesome. Works like a charm.

(2015-11-04, 02:21)clubwerks Wrote: Awesome. Works like a charm.
Another happy customer.....LOL.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - peter0123 - 2015-11-04

@vbat99
i can scrap in MC no series with ß.
Example: German/Deutsch: Als die Tiere den Wald verließen [TVDB:74638][tt0286336]
Normal we write: Als die Tiere den Wald verliessen

But i help me with own NFO Files... that is a other problem!
The Problem is the exported NFO Files from MC are not correct.
Many Developer make a regex solution ß=ss or the correct encoding, and that is here to 90% the problem.
Any Chinese person have test this Wink ? or a russian?

Compare the nfo file from MC and TinyMedia..
I have learn this, when i import different data in a mysql database and then show user in other languages again the correct symbol with php.
Example: http://mysql.rjweb.org/doc.php/charcoll
I see the NFO File as "Database", the correct DE and ENcoding is important.
Kodi say nothing in the wiki about this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
You need the correct d-encoding for the nfo files, kodi is correct.

Music Example, Artist from Musicbrainz!
Δημήτρης Παπασπυρόπουλος

Here a little export list with different movies. when you start an import with the first 5-8, you can test this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f67ixbh0sbd7a1x/list.csv?dl=0
MC Movie NFOs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbaw4wa48okgj1t/mc_movies_nfo.7z?dl=0
Example with both NFOs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjcqt1qo081slo4/both.7z?dl=0

and other thing, check the kodi log for problems with the runtime!
25 minutes
25 min

(2015-11-04, 02:51)peter0123 Wrote: @vbat99
i can scrap in MC no series with ß.
Example: German/Deutsch: Als die Tiere den Wald verließen [TVDB:74638][tt0286336]
Normal we write: Als die Tiere den Wald verliessen

But i help me with own NFO Files... that is a other problem!
The Problem is the exported NFO Files from MC are not correct.
Many Developer make a regex solution ß=ss or the correct encoding, and that is here to 90% the problem.
Any Chinese person have test this Wink ? or a russian?

Music Example, Artist from Musicbrainz!
Δημήτρης Παπασπυρόπουλος

I'm looking into the character set issue now, but also have found MediaCompanion needed to save the nfo as utf-8 with no BOM. That change I have just made.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - peter0123 - 2015-11-04

i edit the other post..
you can't import correct the tvdb series data (episodes and seasion are shown) when a ß is in a title and plot
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=74638
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztcdqs6g05sfn7x/Unbenannt.JPG?dl=0
is only in the plot a ßäö... mc can scrap the series.
look at the api data from tvdb with that example..

and when you take searching for ß
this is a letter with no lowercase char. only big!