Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-03

Thanks!

BTW I have a question about MC's runtime scraping.
When scraping movies with the built-in IMDB scraper, it seems MC invariably picks up the longest runtime among various versions for a movie. But in most cases they are for an extended version or a director's cut, not for a standard theatrical version. Such versions are often unavailable or hard to get on the market, along with little significance of the runtime. Why not scrape the first runtime from the most common version, instead of the longest, for every movie? Let me know if there are any other reasons to do so that I failed to realize.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-03

(2015-12-03, 14:22)tars Wrote: Thanks!

BTW I have a question about MC's runtime scraping.
When scraping movies with the built-in IMDB scraper, it seems MC invariably picks up the longest runtime among various versions for a movie. But in most cases they are for an extended version or a director's cut, not for a standard theatrical version. Such versions are often unavailable or hard to get on the market, along with little significance of the runtime. Why not scrape the first runtime from the most common version, instead of the longest, for every movie? Let me know if there are any other reasons to do so that I failed to realize.

Looking at the code, your right. Seems MC is picking the longest runtime on IMDB.
Can you give me a title that I can use to test, that has multiple runtimes on IMDB, and I'll see why it might have been coded like this.

As for picking the common version, well, need to be able to identify what is common. Easy enough if your human, not so easy teaching a computer...lol.

BTW, I always go with the runtime from the video file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-03

(2015-12-03, 19:02)vbat99 Wrote: Looking at the code, your right. Seems MC is picking the longest runtime on IMDB.
Can you give me a title that I can use to test, that has multiple runtimes on IMDB, and I'll see why it might have been coded like this.

As for picking the common version, well, need to be able to identify what is common. Easy enough if your human, not so easy teaching a computer...lol.

BTW, I always go with the runtime from the video file.

As I said, it can safely pick up the first runtime when there are multiple versions under Technical Specs.
That's the same one IMDB shows at the top of each movie's page next to the poster.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-04

@tars
Thanks for that. I've added an option under MC's IMDB Scraper, that if selected, only stores the first Runtime found, not the largest runtime.

It'll be available in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-04

(2015-12-04, 04:47)vbat99 Wrote: @tars
Thanks for that. I've added an option under MC's IMDB Scraper, that if selected, only stores the first Runtime found, not the largest runtime.

It'll be available in the next release.

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-04

New Release.

Media Companion 3.636b, 32 & 64 bit builds

Hot on the heals of the new Music Video Function, the Preferences have been reworked and are now all on one form..

Changes are still in progress, as well as the Wiki Docs need updating to reflect these changes.
Also some fixes for mc_com and saving of nfo's back to how it was.
Note: Music Video function of Media Companion is still being fine-tuned, and improved. Any issues or suggestions, please post on Media Companions Issues or Discussions pages, where topics can be better followed up and talked about without getting lost in these Forum pages.

Please, check the Documentation pages for more precise information.

New:
  • MC - All Preferences on one form.
  • Movie - Add option use first runtime from IMDB.
  • Movie - Add Cancel check to Actors download.

Fixed:
  • mc_com.exe - Fix issue mc_com.exe not saving full episode nfo data.
  • MC - Reverted all xml nfo changes on (37b8026f7d19) as causing character encoding errors. Almost completed new Preferences form.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.636b x86 & MC 3.636b x64

Revision History

Edit Didn't include the correct mc_com.exe with the x86 build. Please D/L from here for x86 and x64 builds

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-04

Thanks, it's working great.

BTW here are some feature requests that I've been missing while using MC.
Starting with small ones...

1. With IMDB tab, I am tired of having to keep selecting the same site over and over to the point that it feels like something's broken with MC. Can it just remember the selection until the user wants to switch to the other later? My suggestion is to make the tab header indicate the currently selected site (currently it always shows IMDB logo) and allow to switch to the other site by right-clicking on it (only then it will pop up the selection message box).

2. There's no "ignore article the" option for movie sets. It's so cumbersome and confusing when you're trying to filter by sets as they're sorted first by the number of movies in a set and then by movie title without "The" and finally with "The". It could instead default to ignore "the" for movie sets, placing the article at the end of a set name.

3. Currently typing a letter on movie list jumps to the movies starting with that alphabet. Very convenient, but there's no support for the second letter. How about supporting multi-character input? It could take an interval between input letters shorter than, say, two seconds as consecutive typing of the same movie title. Then to jump to the movie "Cube", the user would only need to type in "c" and "u" without additional scrolling.

4. "Filter" buttons (for actors, directors, etc.) work great as clicking on them promptly filters to a subset of collection by the selected item. If you want to go back, you could just click on "Reset Filters" button. But a problem arises when you're starting with a filtered selection. Say, you filtered to Sci-Fi movies, and then click on the filter button for Tom Cruise. Now how can you go back to the previous sci-fi collection? I can't find a simple way only using buttons. How about making those filter buttons toggling to filter and undo upon each click? Then navigating thru filtering would be much easier.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-04

Hey Rob

Great new release! Really liking the new preferences setup. Are you planing on thinning out some of the redundant buttons? I noticed that there a few things that are not getting saved when selected/changed. I had to copy over the section for ignored folders as that wasn't being saved. The other is Rating under Get from IMDB when using the TMDB scraper.

When the save Fanart.TV artwork as <moviename>-artwork all artwork is saved as <moviename>-artwork. If the delete nfo/artwork option is used the fanart.tv art work is not deleted except for poster/fanart. (Still don't understand artwork naming conventions. Thought only poster/fanart contained moviename. Huh)

So far everything else looks good. Thanks!

@tars

All good suggestions, and I will look into what can be done.
Thought not sure if #4 can be done considering how filters behave. Will see if there is a way to possibly step back, but can't promise anything.

@bobrap
Thanks for the info. It was a lot of work moving the preferences to its own form, and I was trying desperately to ensure I moved all code across, know there was going to be some that were missed.

I'll fix up those preferences and hopefully get another release out today/tomorrow. And yes, the extra Movie Preferences, TV Preferences and General Preferences will be removed. Just didn't want to surprise users with too many changes all at once.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-05

(2015-12-04, 19:24)bobrap Wrote: Hey Rob

Great new release! Really liking the new preferences setup. Are you planing on thinning out some of the redundant buttons? I noticed that there a few things that are not getting saved when selected/changed. I had to copy over the section for ignored folders as that wasn't being saved. The other is Rating under Get from IMDB when using the TMDB scraper.

When the save Fanart.TV artwork as <moviename>-artwork all artwork is saved as <moviename>-artwork. If the delete nfo/artwork option is used the fanart.tv art work is not deleted except for poster/fanart. (Still don't understand artwork naming conventions. Thought only poster/fanart contained moviename. Huh)

In regards to ignored folders, do you mean Exclude Folders from scrape? Fix for rating will be done soon.

As for fanart.tv, I'll add the check for <moviename>-artwork on delete nfo.artwork option.

For the naming convention, this is not implemented yet in the Kodi Add-on, Artwork Downloader, so best to not select naming these in this format, yet.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-05

(2015-12-05, 00:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 19:24)bobrap Wrote: Hey Rob

In regards to ignored folders, do you mean Exclude Folders from scrape? Fix for rating will be done soon.

As for fanart.tv, I'll add the check for <moviename>-artwork on delete nfo.artwork option.

For the naming convention, this is not implemented yet in the Kodi Add-on, Artwork Downloader, so best to not select naming these in this format, yet.

Yes, it's the exclude folders from scrape that aren't saving. I add two folder, Extras and .Recycle.bin. The Extras folder is ignored fine. The .recycle.bin folder is always added when checking roots for new TV shows. Then if I refresh all, it shows the recycle bin folders are gone and asks do I want to remove them. Is this because they are dot folders?

Trying to change posters and using poster from fanart.tv seems not to be saving either. Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-05

(2015-12-05, 23:23)bobrap Wrote: Yes, it's the exclude folders from scrape that aren't saving. I add two folder, Extras and .Recycle.bin. The Extras folder is ignored fine. The .recycle.bin folder is always added when checking roots for new TV shows. Then if I refresh all, it shows the recycle bin folders are gone and asks do I want to remove them. Is this because they are dot folders?

Trying to change posters and using poster from fanart.tv seems not to be saving either. Thanks again.

Interesting, MC does filter out recycle bin and other system folders.....when scanning movies. But not for TV. I'll see about adding that to TV Section also.
The Exclude folders is fixed and will be in the next release.

Can you explain more on the trying to change posters and posters from fanart.tv issue? Is this also in Preferences?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-06

Click on the fanart.tv button and try to change poster. Poster isn't saved.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-06, 04:56)bobrap Wrote: Click on the fanart.tv button and try to change poster. Poster isn't saved.

Need some more info. Fanart.TV as in the Tab? Movies or TV?
Or in Preferences ?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-06, 06:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 04:56)bobrap Wrote: Click on the fanart.tv button and try to change poster. Poster isn't saved.

Need some more info. Fanart.TV as in the Tab? Movies or TV?
Or in Preferences ?

Sorry to be so vague. In the Movie and TV tabs. Smile