Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-08

@tars
#2 has been added by AnotherPhil. Thanks @AnotherPhil.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-08

(2015-12-08, 19:34)vbat99 Wrote: Still a bit confused on this one. Not sure what your meaning by Make those filter buttons on the right panel ("search button" on the manual) be able to display on & off state.

I meant that the button should be able to indicate whether it's on (filtered) or off (reset) mode when toggles by a click.

(2015-12-08, 19:34)vbat99 Wrote: Are you talking about Export Template? Not sure if filesize is included in exporting. I'll look at the routine.

Yes, for export template. It looks like file size info isn't included in the nfo file.

And thanks for all the progress you guys are making!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-08

Just wondering if you want to know of other items not being saved.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-08

(2015-12-08, 20:31)bobrap Wrote: Just wondering if you want to know of other items not being saved.
Hit me with them and I'll check before getting new release out.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-08

(2015-12-08, 20:34)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 20:31)bobrap Wrote: Just wondering if you want to know of other items not being saved.
Hit me with them and I'll check before getting new release out.

Last one I ran into was trying to change the rename movie settings. Went back to previous version awaiting new release so don't have too much more for you.

(2015-12-08, 20:44)bobrap Wrote: Last one I ran into was trying to change the rename movie settings. Went back to previous version awaiting new release so don't have too much more for you.

Yep, that one is fixed. New release out in a couple of hours.

(2015-12-08, 20:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 20:44)bobrap Wrote: Last one I ran into was trying to change the rename movie settings. Went back to previous version awaiting new release so don't have too much more for you.

Yep, that one is fixed. New release out in a couple of hours.

Great, thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-09

(2015-12-08, 20:18)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 19:34)vbat99 Wrote: Still a bit confused on this one. Not sure what your meaning by Make those filter buttons on the right panel ("search button" on the manual) be able to display on & off state.

I meant that the button should be able to indicate whether it's on (filtered) or off (reset) mode when toggles by a click.
Yep, but confused as to what buttons your talking about.

(2015-12-08, 20:18)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 19:34)vbat99 Wrote: Are you talking about Export Template? Not sure if filesize is included in exporting. I'll look at the routine.

Yes, for export template. It looks like file size info isn't included in the nfo file.

And thanks for all the progress you guys are making!
There wasn't a tag for file size, only <<folder_size>>, but I have just added <<file_size>>. Next release for sure.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-09

New Release.

Media Companion 3.637b, 32 & 64 bit builds

Many Preferences fixes, as well as a couple of new Features
  • Main change is the IMDB/TMDB Browser tab within Movies section. When selected users were offered the option of browsing TMDB or IMDB every time this tab was selected. Instead, change IMDB or TMDB browsing by right-clicking the tab header before selecting the tab. This switches between IMDB or TMDB heading. Now this selection will be the default when you enter the tab, every time. No annoying pop-up selection every entry of this tab.
  • Movies. Users could press a Alphabet key and the browser list would automatically scroll to the first movie starting with the key pressed. Now, Users can also type multiple characters to get closer to matching movies. ie: before only 1 key press. 'M' jumps to start of 'M' Movies. Now, type 'MIS' and get close to 'Mission Impossible' movies (just as an example.
Note: Music Video function of Media Companion is still being fine-tuned, and improved. Any issues or suggestions, please post on Media Companions Issues or Discussions pages, where topics can be better followed up and talked about without getting lost in these Forum pages.

Please, check the Documentation pages for more precise information.

New:
  • Movie - Right click "IMDb browser tab" to switch between IMDB and TMDB. Selection box removed.
  • Movie - Support jump in list browse by typing more than one character in title.
  • Movie - Moved and renamed Sort Title Ignore to Movie -> General tab. Renamed to On Scrape, Ignored article to end of Sort Title.
  • Movie - Movie Sets have ignored articles applied to Sets filter. - TY AnotherPhil.
  • MC Export - Add <<file_size>> tag to export function.

Fixed:
  • MC Preferences - Fix Get IMDB Rating, Fix Exclude folders.
  • MC Preferences - Fix Profile Default and Startup not displaying correctly
  • MC Preferences - Reload Preferences after frmPreferences has been drawn.
  • MC Preferences - Missed transfer of one control.
  • MC - Update mediainfo.dll to 0.7.80.0.
  • Movie - Update Fanart.tv panel on browser tab.
  • TV - Fix episode subtitle stream saved to nfo. Note.. Subtitle must have language set.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.637b x86 & MC 3.637b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-09

(2015-12-09, 00:04)vbat99 Wrote: Yep, but confused as to what buttons your talking about.

Those buttons with magnifying glass icon on them next to actors, director, country and sets item on the right panel.

And thanks for the new release!

(2015-12-09, 01:10)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-09, 00:04)vbat99 Wrote: Yep, but confused as to what buttons your talking about.

Those buttons with magnifying glass icon on them next to actors, director, country and sets item on the right panel.

And thanks for the new release!

OK. Got it now.

Unfortunately this is not possible with how the filters are coded.
They are set as enabled, single mode or multiple mode.
If a filter is disabled, then it becomes blank. ie: similar to reset on left panel. This is to protect from looping that will occur if left selected but not enabled, with the other filters.
This slows down Media Companion drastically the larger the library.

Sorry, this is one that you'll have to live without.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-09

(2015-12-09, 01:56)vbat99 Wrote: Unfortunately this is not possible with how the filters are coded.
They are set as enabled, single mode or multiple mode.
If a filter is disabled, then it becomes blank. ie: similar to reset on left panel. This is to protect from looping that will occur if left selected but not enabled, with the other filters.
This slows down Media Companion drastically the larger the library.

Sorry, this is one that you'll have to live without.

No problem. I can use filters on the left panel instead to step back.

1. Just tried the new release. All the new features are working great except movie set filter.
Movie set filter on the left panel is working fine exactly as I requested.
But the same filter on the right panel lists movie set names with article "the" at the beginning. And filtering with those movie sets doesn't work. How about putting "the" at the end for that filter as well?

2. The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape runtime for some movies. What they have in common is IMDB site doesn't list their runtime under "Tech Specs" for some reason, only available under full tech specs. Will you have a look? e.g. African Cats (2011) Dead Snow (2009) The Help (2011) The Weight of Water (2000)
If it's possible, as I suggested before, it could pick up, by default, the runtime just next to the poster at the top of each movie page, unless you have a strong reason it should scrape the longest runtime.

3. I really like the change with IMDB/TMDB tab. Now, how about making those sites open only over the right panel with the movie list on the left still available? The benefits would be the user could easily check out other movies in the list from those sites without having to go back to main browser tab every time for choosing another movie. Also it would make MC on the tab look different from a browser (I'm always confused).
This new layout could be applied to other tabs as well such as File Details tab and Change Movie tab.

(2015-12-09, 12:10)tars Wrote: No problem. I can use filters on the left panel instead to step back.

1. Just tried the new release. All the new features are working great except movie set filter.
Movie set filter on the left panel is working fine exactly as I requested.
But the same filter on the right panel lists movie set names with article "the" at the beginning. And filtering with those movie sets doesn't work. How about putting "the" at the end for that filter as well?
Yep, I know what's going on here. Will look into it.
(2015-12-09, 12:10)tars Wrote: 2. The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape run-time for some movies. What they have in common is IMDB site doesn't list their run-time under "Tech Specs" for some reason, only available under full tech specs. Will you have a look? e.g. African Cats (2011) Dead Snow (2009) The Help (2011) The Weight of Water (2000)
If it's possible, as I suggested before, it could pick up, by default, the run-time just next to the poster at the top of each movie page, unless you have a strong reason it should scrape the longest run-time.
Will also check into run-time, thanks for the examples
(2015-12-09, 12:10)tars Wrote: 3. I really like the change with IMDB/TMDB tab. Now, how about making those sites open only over the right panel with the movie list on the left still available? The benefits would be the user could easily check out other movies in the list from those sites without having to go back to main browser tab every time for choosing another movie. Also it would make MC on the tab look different from a browser (I'm always confused).
This new layout could be applied to other tabs as well such as File Details tab and Change Movie tab.
Not liking that Idea.
One of the great things about Media Companion is keeping functions separate and distinct. Using IMDB or TMDB browser tab should be minimal, not the norm usage. If your using the browser tab more, I would suggest setting an external browser in Media Companion, then these pages would open in IE or Firefox or Google Chrome etc, and users can Alt-Tab between Web Browser and Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2015-12-11

Hi vbat, I cant seem to download the new release ... getting error message from CodePlex
"URL Not Valid
We’re sorry, but the query string of the URL is not valid. If you continue to experience issues or would like to send us more information about this error, please contact us."
This is the first time this is happening ... I've been using and downloading MC for years now... Getting this for both x86 and x64.

BTW Thanks for the new update and continued work Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-11

(2015-12-11, 09:58)echo Wrote: Hi vbat, I cant seem to download the new release ... getting error message from CodePlex
"URL Not Valid
We’re sorry, but the query string of the URL is not valid. If you continue to experience issues or would like to send us more information about this error, please contact us."
This is the first time this is happening ... I've been using and downloading MC for years now... Getting this for both x86 and x64.

BTW Thanks for the new update and continued work Smile

Both links are working for me.
Go to https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/618879