Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-11

Bugs with the most recent release:
  • It takes a lot longer to scrape than usually does.
  • The rating is not being scraped, nor re-scraped.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-11

Trying to investigate the slow down. Something to do with tmdb but can't nail it.

Ratings from tmdb or IMDb please

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-12

The rating is scraping ok for me from both sites. Changing artwork from the Fanart.tv tab bar isn't working at all for movies. Still have to change tv shows to see the switch.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-12

(2015-12-12, 17:01)bobrap Wrote: The rating is scraping ok for me from both sites. Changing artwork from the Fanart.tv tab bar isn't working at all for movies. Still have to change tv shows to see the switch.

Thanks for info on Rating.

1. What isn't working for Fanart.TV for Movies?

2. TV - Switch in artwork ie Poster and Fanart - Fix in place for next release

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-12

(2015-12-12, 20:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 17:01)bobrap Wrote: The rating is scraping ok for me from both sites. Changing artwork from the Fanart.tv tab bar isn't working at all for movies. Still have to change tv shows to see the switch.

Disregard what I first said. That was a file naming error. But, movies is the same as TV. Switch to change.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-12

(2015-12-12, 22:21)bobrap Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 20:50)vbat99 Wrote:

Disregard what I first said. That was a file naming error. But, movies is the same as TV. Switch to change.

Refresh of Movie Poster and Fanart on leave of Fanart.TV tab in place for next release.
Also fixed preview existing Fanart.TV image on Fanart.TV tab if using <moviename>- format naming.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-13

Thank you, sir.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-13

I tried it on another file and it scraped, so it does work.

I'm not getting the rating for Crimson Peak (2015). Not getting anything for rescraping.

So, the bug is that rescraping takes forever for any file. Plus, it clears out the rating for them as well.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-13, 22:08)marhutchy Wrote: I tried it on another file and it scraped, so it does work.

I'm not getting the rating for Crimson Peak (2015). Not getting anything for rescraping.

So, the bug is that rescraping takes forever for any file. Plus, it clears out the rating for them as well.

Found a glitch in preferences, where changing TMDB scraper settings didn't get loaded till Media Companion was restarted. Fix in place for next release.

As for taking forever, On average from TMDB or IMDB, it is approx 13 seconds per movie.
BUT, I have had it up to one minute for a Movie. This seems to be an issue of TMDB, whether how MC is calling or just a Web glitch, I'm still investigating.

Above glitch for changing Scraper settings may be cause of "0.0" ratings from IMDB, but this should be sorted in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fish-Man - 2015-12-14

I am having a problem with the scraped info (movies). When I look at the .nfo, in the <stars></stars> tag, there's the actors, then at the end, is: "See full cast &amp; crew".
Also, in the <outline></outline> tag, there is the outline, then at the end is a whole page of html/css/formatting/etc.
Neither of these happen EVERY time, but they appear more often than not.

Another issue I have with the .nfo is that, when a tag is empty, why is the closing tag on a seperate line? can't it just be a <tag></tag> ?
Petty I know, but I just like things tidy Blush

Thanks,
Paul

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-14

The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape "votes" for some movies. e.g. American Hustle (2013)
Unlike the "runtime" issue that I reported earlier, this bug seems to be newly introduced to the most recent build.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 16:48)tars Wrote: The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape "votes" for some movies. e.g. American Hustle (2013)
Unlike the "runtime" issue that I reported earlier, this bug seems to be newly introduced to the most recent build.

There is a fix for Votes done yesterday. Working on Runtime as per your examples, African Cats etc.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-14, 16:48)tars Wrote: The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape "votes" for some movies. e.g. American Hustle (2013)

Runtime issue for those movies with Runtime only on Tech Spec page is sorted.

And also Ignore Article on MovieSet Titles, for Filters as well as Dropbox. There is now an option in Movie Preferences -> General Tab, to enable ignored articles for Movie Set Titles.

As for votes for American Hustle, no issue here getting Votes for this or any other movie from IMDB.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-14, 15:26)Fish-Man Wrote: I am having a problem with the scraped info (movies). When I look at the .nfo, in the <stars></stars> tag, there's the actors, then at the end, is: "See full cast &amp; crew".
Also, in the <outline></outline> tag, there is the outline, then at the end is a whole page of html/css/formatting/etc.
Neither of these happen EVERY time, but they appear more often than not.

Another issue I have with the .nfo is that, when a tag is empty, why is the closing tag on a seperate line? can't it just be a <tag></tag> ?
Petty I know, but I just like things tidy Blush

Thanks,
Paul

Hi @Fish-Man

Sorry, your post got lost in the middle.
Can you give me example of a Movie, and also if using XBMC TMDB scraper or MC's built-in scraper. Then I can get Stars and Outline cleaned up.

As for end tag on separate line, this is something I wanted to fix, but it caused other issues. Not Pretty, but not able to sort out without nfo bugs.
It'll have to stay till I can get back to it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - clubwerks - 2015-12-15

Hey vbat, I have a quick question. Suppose I change the name of the movie file from: movie.bluray.1080p.mkv to movie.bluray.1080p.ATMOS.mkv. If I change the name of all the artwork and nfo too, I just want to be able to delete the original entry and add the new entry without scraping because MC tries to rescrape my trailer and redoes all my artwork which typically doesn't match the artwork i originally picked. Is there an easy way to add a movie that's already been scraped without rescraping all the info? Thanks!