Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-31

(2015-12-31, 00:07)bobrap Wrote: I was editing when you posted. Smile

Phew. Damn third-party apps.....LOL. Probably how it interacts with IE, and since MC uses IE Browser to display the Change Movie page...

Well, glad you found the culprit.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-31

Got another question. When going to TVDB from the TVDB\IMDB button, if you click on an actors name, should it redirect to a page with actor info? Should the action be the same as if I was on the site?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-31

(2015-12-31, 00:38)bobrap Wrote: Got another question. When going to TVDB from the TVDB\IMDB button, if you click on an actors name, should it redirect to a page with actor info? Should the action be the same as if I was on the site?

Haven't done that before on TVDb, but test at my end isn't letting me select an actor to follow. I'll have a nosy at the code, probably tomorrow as New Years Eve today and getting the house ready for party 2nite.

I do know it does work on TMDB, but then it's a different site.

2 be advised...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-31

OK, thanks. Have a happy. Us Yanks have to wait til tomorrow. Smile

Happy new years

Just less than 11 hours till the new year. Damn hope it'll be better than this one.

Cheers y'all

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2016-01-01

(2015-12-31, 00:00)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-30, 23:53)bobrap Wrote: Program located D:\soft\Media Companion 3.639b x64. Tried D:\Media Companion 3.639b x64 as well. Just get this:

Yeah, that's not a Media Companion Crash. Possibly a Windows update or something else that is stalling Media Companion.

Check your event log and it may show what is causing this to happen.

Else, start Task Manager and force close anything that doesn't look right. Worst that can happen doing this is Windows Crashes, but a Restart will get it all back.

As aniziusz mentioned two posts up, they have a similar issue.

Sorry, nothing else I can suggest.

Ditto, media companion is crashing for me today. It only happens when i try to change the movie and rescrape after changing it to the correct one.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-01

Above post found rolling back adobe flash update fixed their problem.

As a test, in into internet explorer, disable flash and or shockwave plugins or addons . Try mediacompanion again.

I haven't done at flash update in a couple of weeks, but don't have the crash either.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2016-01-01

Thanks for your response. I just downloaded the recent version Media Companion 3.639b x86.exe
and performed a new install minus the settings folder, and the program still crashes, when i try to change the movie after i hit the change movie tab.

P.S. I have disabled the Internet Explorer service, so it doesnt exist for me. I do use Chrome though.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-01

(2016-01-01, 03:52)MANswers Wrote: Thanks for your response. I just downloaded the recent version Media Companion 3.639b x86.exe
and performed a new install minus the settings folder, and the program still crashes, when i try to change the movie after i hit the change movie tab.

P.S. I have disabled the Internet Explorer service, so it doesnt exist for me. I do use Chrome though.

Paste copy of Crash message please, or screenshot.
Unless it is the same screenshot as above, where it says MediaCompanion is not responding.
If that is the case, then it is not Media Companion as it is working correctly for me on three different PC's.

If MC was working, but now is causing other issues, I would suspect either Windows Updates, App updates, Antivirus (damn you Avast), etc.

Check you error log by running
eventvwr.msc

Users of Media Companion who have issue using Change Movie should investigate if their Adobe Flash Player has recently updated.
Flash version number causing problems is: 20.0.0.267

There is some serious issues occurring due to the 28th Dec 2015 Flash update, causing problems in Internet Explorer.
Note: Media Companion uses a WebBrowser component to display the IMDB or TMDB web pages. This component is used from Internet Explorer, and so far, It can be not used from another Browser program.

A guide to rolling back Adobe Flash Player is here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2054043. (roll back to version 20.0.0.228)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - parduz - 2016-01-01

Hello from Italy.
I'm a new Kodi user and a new MC user as well.

First, i want to report this bug (i don't want to create another account at the code site, sorry)
Quote:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-8' is not valid for 'SplitterDistance'. 'SplitterDistance' must be greater than 0.
Parameter name: SplitterDistance
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
at Media_Companion.Form1.ResizeBottomLHSPanel(Int32 height, Int32 MaxHeight)
at Media_Companion.Form1.UpdateMovieFiltersPanel()
at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
This happens on my KODI PC, on the other PC i use for "normal operations" this does'nt happens.
They both runs Win7 Pro, italian version, updated "to the max" with the exclusions of all the "Win10 migrating" and telemetry addons.
The only notable difference is the screen resolution, which in the KODI PC (the one with the bug) is 1176*664 instead of a full HD.

Second: is this the right thread to ask about how to use MC with KODI? i'm having some problem understanding some stuffs.

Thanks for the hard work! As a programmer, i can see how much work there's in MC Smile

(2016-01-01, 12:41)parduz Wrote: Hello from Italy.
I'm a new Kodi user and a new MC user as well.

First, i want to report this bug (i don't want to create another account at the code site, sorry)
Quote:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-8' is not valid for 'SplitterDistance'. 'SplitterDistance' must be greater than 0.
Parameter name: SplitterDistance
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
at Media_Companion.Form1.ResizeBottomLHSPanel(Int32 height, Int32 MaxHeight)
at Media_Companion.Form1.UpdateMovieFiltersPanel()
at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
This happens on my KODI PC, on the other PC i use for "normal operations" this does'nt happens.
They both runs Win7 Pro, italian version, updated "to the max" with the exclusions of all the "Win10 migrating" and telemetry addons.
The only notable difference is the screen resolution, which in the KODI PC (the one with the bug) is 1176*664 instead of a full HD.

Second: is this the right thread to ask about how to use MC with KODI? i'm having some problem understanding some stuffs.

Thanks for the hard work! As a programmer, i can see how much work there's in MC Smile

Greetings from New Zealand

Yes the resolutions is the main issue causing this Error, as one of the Split Panels automatically calculates the Splitter distance. But, there should be a minimum value that this can not go past, so it is also a bug.

I will look into this for the next release.

As for Questions on using MC for Kodi, Ask away. You can also check out the updated Documentation pages on Media Companion's Codeplex site. https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/documentation

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Methanoid - 2016-01-02

Hi

I had an error with earlier versions so upgraded to latest. If I click on IMDB or Change Movie I get a guaranteed crash. Have upgraded several times using your recommended method.

Is this same at your end?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-02, 01:51)Methanoid Wrote: Hi

I had an error with earlier versions so upgraded to latest. If I click on IMDB or Change Movie I get a guaranteed crash. Have upgraded several times using your recommended method.

Is this same at your end?

Three posts back I mentioned the following that affects the IMDB and Change Movie Tab. I suspect it will also affect the TVDB tab and some others that use the Dot Net webbrowser function.
(2016-01-01, 09:52)vbat99 Wrote: Users of Media Companion who have issue using Change Movie should investigate if their Adobe Flash Player has recently updated.
Flash version number causing problems is: 20.0.0.267

There is some serious issues occurring due to the 28th Dec 2015 Flash update, causing problems in Internet Explorer.
Note: Media Companion uses a WebBrowser component to display the IMDB or TMDB web pages. This component is used from Internet Explorer, and so far, It can be not used from another Browser program.

A guide to rolling back Adobe Flash Player is here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2054043. (roll back to version 20.0.0.228)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - aniziusz - 2016-01-02

Hi vbat,

which forum is better to communicate the issues/wishes? This or the codeplex site?

My wish would be check the copy&paste behavior for change movie function for special charakters like the hungarian: ő, ó, ű, ú, í, á, é, ö. Because I have got always a "?" symbol instead of the characters above. My another issue is: the tmdb site on the change movie tab is always in German language instead of Hungarian. My windows language is German. It is possible to change it to Hungarian in MC by default?