Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - chtamina - 2013-01-17

is there a way to get ratings always from imdb ?
the moviedb scraper works better with my movies because I need info in italian and imdb misses a lot of movies but I still need its rating.
is there a way to get plot from one scraper and rating from imdb ?
can you add mymovies.it scraper to your software ? I saw different scraper in german

thanks

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-18

Here is a nice bump Smile , not sure if im allowed to do this but look what i have been working on for frodo users Smile

This is just a hackjob so it won't work on eden and frodo only frodo

Coming soon Smile

Frodo ONLY!

Banner.jpg
Poster.jpg

Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-19

Ok so as promised here is the FRODO Test version obviously this isn't official, it also has issues like not being able to scrape all banner's and poster's automatically, it will only scrape posters. to scrape banners you need to right click each tv show and press get missing artwork. It only works with TV as i don't see the point in banners for films, season-00 season-01 etc are poster or banner not both (how would i name them for both?) few visual glitches are showing not sure why as they were then from before i started editing the code.

Features
NOT EDEN COMPATIBLE
FRODO ONLY!
Banner.jpg and Poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg (it's pointless having all 3 isn't it?)
More to come

Enjoy

Download Here - http://www.mediafire.com/?b87tsrtd84st1u5

I'm going to try and make it work with both eden and frodo soon so stay tuned Big Grin

I will upload sourcecode shortly, needs cleaning currently.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-19

Are you going to merge your code yourself, or would you like me to do it for you?
After your first post, I mentioned that I would incorporate your suggestion during my next round of UI tweaks, but seeing as you have done most of the work already...!
If you are to merge yourself, please let us know when you are finished as we have huge problems with UI conflicts on this project.

(2013-01-19, 00:15)HueyHq Wrote: Are you going to merge your code yourself, or would you like me to do it for you?
After your first post, I mentioned that I would incorporate your suggestion during my next round of UI tweaks, but seeing as you have done most of the work already...!
If you are to merge yourself, please let us know when you are finished as we have huge problems with UI conflicts on this project.

Im new to this program but it looked good so i made it work for frodo (messy coding) but it was going to be for me but i may aswell release even if it is messy and a bodge up.

you wouldn't want my code its very "hacky" i will put a bit more time in and get it working with eden and frodo but obviously this will take longer.

currently all folder.jpgs were replaced with poster.jpg and most poster.jpg code was copied and pasted and edited to work properly together with poster and banners

i am not saying all i did was copy and paste though as that's not true, check my other unrelated projects Smile github.com/forgottencoders obviously not related to this or XBMC but just saying i can code Big Grin
also i think i should say i spenrt around 5 hours on this so obviously that seems like a long time for such a simple task, but since its not my code i had to work out what was what etc, this took over 1hour maybe 2. then visual studio went screwy and i had to start again Sad , i will make it a lot better hopefully however can some 1 tell me which bit of code is the automatic artwork download, i can't find it.

messiest source code ever Big Grin LINK REMOVED - going to completely re do it tommorow a lot more efficiently and cleaner.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 00:38)fma965 Wrote: messiest source code ever Big Grin LINK REMOVED - going to completely re do it tommorow a lot more efficiently and cleaner.
OK, cool.
Don't forget to rebase the source - there have been a number of UI changes recently!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - strikervi - 2013-01-19

hey, quick suggestion ( posted my bug on their forums)

this one is just a request

i am constantly clicking tv shows- refresh all tv shows
checking for new episodes, not reflected until i click it
after clicking rename episodes, same.

can we add in a " mini " refresh for the show that was right clicked/highlighted?
after certain actions.

(2013-01-19, 02:45)strikervi Wrote: hey, quick suggestion ( posted my bug on their forums)

this one is just a request

i am constantly clicking tv shows- refresh all tv shows
checking for new episodes, not reflected until i click it
after clicking rename episodes, same.

can we add in a " mini " refresh for the show that was right clicked/highlighted?
after certain actions.

not the developer but would just like to say i think this is being worked on as the there is a function to do this but currently only contains a comment saying "need to use existing code to refresh 1 tv show/episode only" therefore yh i think its being worked on.
(2013-01-19, 02:34)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 00:38)fma965 Wrote: messiest source code ever Big Grin LINK REMOVED - going to completely re do it tommorow a lot more efficiently and cleaner.
OK, cool.
Don't forget to rebase the source - there have been a number of UI changes recently!

ok btw why is it 3.5.2.1 latest binary but source is only 3.5.2.0?

yh some big bugs with movies on my release completely forgot to check movies were working, seems i broke movies so i recommend using the non frodo build first then getting the rest of the images from my build untill i fix it and merge it.

(2013-01-19, 00:27)fma965 Wrote: can some 1 tell me which bit of code is the automatic artwork download, i can't find it.

any ideas lol ?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 03:11)fma965 Wrote: ok btw why is it 3.5.2.1 latest binary but source is only 3.5.2.0?

Changes are still cool like that.
This is the correct version of the source code, the number is not updated in the code ;-)

On the "TV Show" I'd like to put stories that are not on TVDB site and therefore not scrapped.
Is that possible?

btw the sourcecode when loaded seems to give some errors about progresswindow or something is this happening to every1 or just me?

PHP Code:
Could not find type 'Media_Companion.ProgressAndStatus'Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development projectmake sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU

The variable 'ProgressAndStatus1' is either undeclared or was never assigned

The variable 'TooltipGridViewMovies1' is either undeclared or was never assigned

Could not find type 'Media_Companion.TooltipGridViewMovies'Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development projectmake sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU

Could not find type 'Media_Companion.Rating'Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development projectmake sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU

The variable 'Rating1' is either undeclared or was never assigned

also apprently i didn't break the movie code lol it was due to my internet screwing up, so ignore my previous post about using original MC to get movies as this is not needed.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Chuck Bartowski - 2013-01-19

Is there a plan to allow Media Companion to scrape season posters for TV shows - that would be fantastic

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - strikervi - 2013-01-19

Fma965 , im not a programmer, but i wanted to just pass something on
the movie refresh/check for new movies is a green window
and the tv refresh is a white window, possible that is something with the code your mentioning...?
its new in this beta run
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Strikeriv/checkforvid_zps529de116.jpg

(2013-01-19, 18:36)strikervi Wrote: Fma965 , im not a programmer, but i wanted to just pass something on
the movie refresh/check for new movies is a green window
and the tv refresh is a white window, possible that is something with the code your mentioning...?
its new in this beta run
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Strikeriv/checkforvid_zps529de116.jpg
yh i noticed that but to be honest i thought it looks messy and horrible color, but yh think thats the error message im getting

(2013-01-19, 18:32)Chuck Bartowski Wrote: Is there a plan to allow Media Companion to scrape season posters for TV shows - that would be fantastic

are you asking me or are you asking the developer? aren't posters already supported?

also guys i have made great progress it now workd with frodo and eden and auto scrape works Smile just need to change the gui to incorporate the new features and also make manual scraping etc work, if you set it to frodo in settings it will be poster.jpg and banner.jpg if you set it to pre-frodo it will be folder.jpg Smile