Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-20

Perhaps...this is the issue. I noticed a few change. I'm just going to rescrape the whole deal and see what happens. Good info.

I noticed that some of my newer Ember scans work fine. It's old stuff that is the issue. 2+ years. Regardless...I need an update. Off we go.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-20

Thanks for the replies!
Movie Set Id Check and refresh helped to populate total numbers for most sets, but not all. For instance, it still lists "3 of unknown" for "The Godfather Collection".
Also the incomplete movie set info filter still lists all of my movies in a collection whether complete or incomplete.
Finally, Missing Credits won't filter to those numbered movies even after several refreshes and restarts.
But don't worry too much. I can live without those new filters.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-21

Wall view is ultra handy to quickly see what didn't scrape correctly.

It's odd that rescraping everything barely shows changes in .nfo date..but something must be adding via MC, because if I load the NEW scraped data into a new MC install, they pull up instantly instead of scraping.

...whatever...I'm digging your system overall.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 00:30)McButton Wrote: Answered my own questions here...

Wall view is ultra handy to quickly see what didn't scrape correctly. Oddly enough, rescraping my whole system, only a few got updated with new .nfo files.

...whatever...I'm digging your system overall.

Spotted your earlier post, a Refresh should have picked up the newly scraped movies as the Crash would have stopped these from being written to the moviecache file.
Then continue as normal. Thought, not sure why it would have crashed.

Once movies are scraped, you can use the General filter to see what data has been missed.
See https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MovFilters&referringTitle=Movies for details on the Movie Filters.
The General Filter is the only one I run in MC, as it's easy to see what's missing posters, fanart, director, credits, votes etc....

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-20, 21:15)tars Wrote: Thanks for the replies!
Movie Set Id Check and refresh helped to populate total numbers for most sets, but not all. For instance, it still lists "3 of unknown" for "The Godfather Collection".
Also the incomplete movie set info filter still lists all of my movies in a collection whether complete or incomplete.
Finally, Missing Credits won't filter to those numbered movies even after several refreshes and restarts.
But don't worry too much. I can live without those new filters.

I'll have a look at these filters if AnotherPhil doesn't have time.
And the Missing Credits also.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-21

Got it. I think my questions are done. All looks fine. I tested the Custom TV SHOWS a bit more. I got one to load completely, but it doubled the info. S01E01 showed twice. When I clicked the 2nd one, it auto jumps to the 1st.

I don't really care about that at the moment though. I only have one for saved net vids and a tv collection for home vids. I likely will always manual edit those, but it'd be cool to see them load somewhere.

Everything else works great. My scrapes take an eternity, as expected, but it does pick back up. Still not sure what is being added to those .nfo files. I saved one prior, then scrape...loads in MC now..even without a cache, but doesn't change the edit date of the file. So bizarre.

Great work on everything! Finally won me over.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2016-01-21

Hey Rob!

Good stuff (as usual). Just noticed something on the new addition of %1 to folder renaming: If I do a Batch Rescrape, my movie library is copied to the new folders rather than being moved. Is this by design? Also, it seems to be splitting up Movie Sets. Is there any way to keep movie sets together with this option?

Oops, suppose if %1 and %N is in folder rename string, it should move to first letter of MovieSet name instead of the Movie Title.. Doh! Ill look into it

(2016-01-21, 02:32)McButton Wrote: Got it. I think my questions are done. All looks fine. I tested the Custom TV SHOWS a bit more. I got one to load completely, but it doubled the info. S01E01 showed twice. When I clicked the 2nd one, it auto jumps to the 1st.

I don't really care about that at the moment though. I only have one for saved net vids and a tv collection for home vids. I likely will always manual edit those, but it'd be cool to see them load somewhere.

Everything else works great. My scrapes take an eternity, as expected, but it does pick back up. Still not sure what is being added to those .nfo files. I saved one prior, then scrape...loads in MC now..even without a cache, but doesn't change the edit date of the file. So bizarre.

Great work on everything! Finally won me over.

IMDB scraping takes some time. XBMC TMDB with options to scrape Votes, Cert, Outline etc from IMDB takes longer.
On good Internet, I average one movie every 15 seconds (fibre at work). Home it's about 25 seconds per movie.

With Custom TV Shows, need to set a fake TVDb Id, then episodes will behave correctly...just don't rescrape the Series...LOL. When I get back to Custom TV for MC, this will get sorted, allowing to edit episodes, add episodes etc.

MC without a Cache? that would be slow going. Not sure about the edit date thing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2016-01-21

Hi,

I tried this program for the first time on my music video collection, and found that it fails to find a lot of my music videos on the initial search. As an example, with the wikipedia scraper selected, it fails to find info for 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone, but it is in wikipedia. Using the Change MusicVideo/Concert tab works fine tho. Possibly a bug?

When manually selecting the correct wikipedia entry using the Change MusicVideo/Concert tab, sometimes it fails to capture the album artwork, and insteads displays a book icon with a question mark. And sometimes it fails to grab the wikipedia info entirely after pressing the Go button.

Also, it would be helpful to have a way to re-scrape music videos either individually or all at once, to try out the best result of the 3 scrapers.

As for music videos, they are basically music files with a video component, so if they are named the same as my music files, why can't they be scraped exactly the same way as the music files? Personally, I can't see where the metadata information would be different. That might be a better alternative, since music video information databases are limited on the internet. So could that be an option?

And is there anyway to turn off the Media Companion output log? I have Display Scrape log turned off in music video preferences, but it still displays.

Very useful program tho and definitely appreciate your work!

thx

(2016-01-21, 04:46)leejk Wrote: Hi,

I tried this program for the first time on my music video collection, and found that it fails to find a lot of my music videos on the initial search. As an example, with the wikipedia scraper selected, it fails to find info for 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone, but it is in wikipedia. Using the Change MusicVideo/Concert tab works fine tho. Possibly a bug?
As Music Video is relatively new to Media Companion, I would expect some bugs, and ones like this will require fine tuning of the Search Engine to ensure better matching.
I'll look into why first scrape fails using your example 3 Doors Down- When I'm Gone
Quote:When manually selecting the correct wikipedia entry using the Change MusicVideo/Concert tab, sometimes it fails to capture the album artwork, and instead displays a book icon with a question mark. And sometimes it fails to grab the wikipedia info entirely after pressing the Go button.
Another area that needs work. I'll ensure time is spend on this section before the next release.
Quote:Also, it would be helpful to have a way to re-scrape music videos either individually or all at once, to try out the best result of the 3 scrapers.
Hadn't thought of trying all three scrapers. Was thinking to use the best first, then possible switch down through each scraper till MC gets the info needed.
Quote:As for music videos, they are basically music files with a video component, so if they are named the same as my music files, why can't they be scraped exactly the same way as the music files? Personally, I can't see where the metadata information would be different. That might be a better alternative, since music video information databases are limited on the internet. So could that be an option?
I did have a thought to use something like Music Brainz, or similar, but trying to figure out the Kodi scraper was the problem. Some of the Kodi scrapers are now written in Python, which would mean me having to rewrite them to work with Media Companion.
(2016-01-21, 04:46)leejk Wrote: And is there anyway to turn off the Media Companion output log? I have Display Scrape log turned off in music video preferences, but it still displays.

Very useful program tho and definitely appreciate your work!

thx
I'll look at the log, probably a bug I missed.

I'm direct plugged and it takes about 2-3 min/movie on 25mb/sec broadband connection and a gigabit router. Maybe I'm off somewhere. It's taken all day, and I'm still like 25% done.
Cancelling & closing the program sometimes drags so long that I have to use task manager to close it. Still...maybe me again.

Sometimes, it freezes starting too (building movie caches). It has something to do with my config file. If I REMOVE it, I can get back in. Something in there...the system doesn't like on mine. I actually pulled an external with the same info on it to scrape...same issue. About 2-3 mins per show. Dang you, technology.

Might be the check updates setting on my end. I've been messing with this a bunch today. I've broken it very well.

On a ADSL2 plan at home, 16Mbit/s down 1Mbit/s Up. Using XBMC TMDB scraper, getting Outline, Stars, Top 250, Certificate, Rating and Votes from IMDB. Max 15 Actors from IMDB.
Just scraped Meet the Spartans, 20 seconds.

I have a Acer Home NAS with 4 x 1TB drives., all Gigabit Lan and switches, (This NAS is crap for transfer speed, about to put a Nas4Free server out int he Garage once I lay the Cat6 cable from the house).

One thing I found was if all my movies were in the Root of the Movie folder added to Media Companion, MC took ages to refresh my Movies. (around 5 minutes)
Once I moved all Movies into their own sub folders, MC ran a lot quicker. ( about 40 seconds).

I do need to look at how MC is searching for Movies and extra data. There is a definite performance degradation if movies are not in their own sub folders.

I use a WD MyCloud. Odd enough, it works awesome. I rarely have issues. I set MC to run overnight, and it grabbed 100 files before freezing the NAS again. I don't think I had that problem with my External. Should have stuck with that yesterday.

All my movies are in folders.

Movies/Movie1/Movie1.mkv
Movies/Movie2/Movie2.mkv

Still always slow. I really only NEED the .nfos written....but I don't want to miss anything else. Thus, I wait. Probably doesn't help to be getting fanart and clear art.

Tried putting MC ON the NAS...I don't think that helped anything. Just made things more difficult.

..that's not how Technology works, McButton.

My only thought is if there was a service running on on your WD MyCloud like DLNA, itunes, twonky
that are trying to scan media files as your altering them?

That's about all I got.