Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-01-21

Hey, Rob. Great new release. Really like the alpha folder creation. Couple bugs to workout though. When I rename movie without adding the %N option, the movies are moved to the new dir, but, the artwork and folder are left behind. Hold that, seems it's the same with the %N. Also sometimes the movie gets moved with artwork, but, it's named <movie-name> artwork instead of poster.jpg, clearart.png. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-22

Movies were in folders? Of course, specially if there is poster.jpg, clearart.png etc.

Seems I'm missing some files when moving.
Once I ensure all artwork is moved, the old folder will be removed. Left as a safety feature to not delete the old folder if still has contents.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 2. Missing Credits filter doesn't work properly. It won't filter to those movies, keep listing all movies. Refresh or restart doesn't help.
Slight Typo stopped this from working. Fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2016-01-22

I'm currently running into a lot of "media Companion has stopped working" messages from Windows 7, 32bit. If there's some sort of debug log you need I can send it. Mostly what I am doing is using the manual lookup method in wikipedia for music videos, and copying images and pasting images for the posters. After about 10-15 music videos this usually happens.

thx

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: Thanks for the new release!

1. The filter settings for actors and directors now can stick in alphabetical order. But those filters still only show actors starting with A and directors starting A thru J.

Movie Preferences -> General Tab, Actors filter can be set to Minimum and Maximum number of actors to display.
Same for Directors.
The Maximum number of Actors, Directors and Sets is each 5000. The default is 500.
Why. Increasing beyond 5000 is a major performance hit as MC cross references all actors to all movies.
For example, 2400 movies, and over 88000 actors, I set the limit to 100000 actors. MC took 80 seconds to process the actors for this filter alone, and another 48 seconds to process the directors. (Some actors are Directors also).
At 500 (default), MC was half a second. at 5000 limit, MC took 6 seconds.

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 4. Thanks for adding more sort options to the movie navigation panel! Currently clicking on header only has the same effect as clicking on "Inverse Order" wherever you click. How about sorting the list by "Title & Year" if the user click on that header cell when the list is sorted by another column like rating or year?
Well, from looking at this, you have choose to sort the movies by a particular method, say by resolution, then you want to sort by Title & Year. Which is it. Sort by Resolution or Title.
Clicking on any column header is designed to invert the list.

This is staying as it is.

There is no ideal way around this to list all actors without a massive performance issue.

(2016-01-22, 04:49)leejk Wrote: I'm currently running into a lot of "media Companion has stopped working" messages from Windows 7, 32bit. If there's some sort of debug log you need I can send it. Mostly what I am doing is using the manual lookup method in wikipedia for music videos, and copying images and pasting images for the posters. After about 10-15 music videos this usually happens.

thx

Sorry, no log when that happens. I would check eventvwr.msc to see what exactly happened to cause MC to stop responding.
I will check this out by trying to repeat what you are doing. Maybe there is a resource that MC is using that is not releasing, causing a severe memory leak.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-22, 05:21)vbat99 Wrote: Movie Preferences -> General Tab, Actors filter can be set to Minimum and Maximum number of actors to display.
Same for Directors.
The Maximum number of Actors, Directors and Sets is each 5000. The default is 500.
Why. Increasing beyond 5000 is a major performance hit as MC cross references all actors to all movies.
For example, 2400 movies, and over 88000 actors, I set the limit to 100000 actors. MC took 80 seconds to process the actors for this filter alone, and another 48 seconds to process the directors. (Some actors are Directors also).

That explains it. So sorting actors by alphabet is practically unsupported (because it lists only A) and sorting by numbers are only partially supported.

(2016-01-22, 05:21)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 4. Thanks for adding more sort options to the movie navigation panel! Currently clicking on header only has the same effect as clicking on "Inverse Order" wherever you click. How about sorting the list by "Title & Year" if the user click on that header cell when the list is sorted by another column like rating or year?
Well, from looking at this, you have choose to sort the movies by a particular method, say by resolution, then you want to sort by Title & Year. Which is it. Sort by Resolution or Title.

So I can only sort by rating, and if I want to sort by title and see rating next to title, that's not allowed. To do so, I have to go to table tab.
Is this what you're saying?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-21, 19:32)vbat99 Wrote: My only thought is if there was a service running on on your WD MyCloud like DLNA, itunes, twonky
that are trying to scan media files as your altering them?

That's about all I got.

MyCloud is used for backup at the moment. Nothing else uses it.
Still takes...for....ever... No clue why it's so slow. All day, and I'm still only at 30% done. I haven't even done TV yet. Tempted to just leave my bad NFOs there.

I shut down MC once, and then took a bunch of restarts to get it going. It just froze for a long time after getting to the main page. I stripped down all the settings now in the hopes I can just grab up .nfo. It's all I need.

Weird that nobody else seems to have these issues. I've dug around the forums, and I'm infinitely slow. Plugged right into the network. Hmmm....1700 vids, startup "searching movie folders" seems to take like 20-30 mins as well. Normal? I added new Ethernet cables. My connection is fast. If I transfer a file to the NAS, it's very quick to push or pull gigs worth of data.

I did notice if I try scraping, and it drags or freezes, I can't access my cloud properly for like 20 mins. Something is up somewhere. Time to reboot my network.

(2016-01-22, 07:00)tars Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 05:21)vbat99 Wrote: Movie Preferences -> General Tab, Actors filter can be set to Minimum and Maximum number of actors to display.
Same for Directors.

That explains it. So sorting actors by alphabet is practically unsupported (because it lists only A) and sorting by numbers are only partially supported.
Unfortunately yes for now. I have a few ideas on how to get this working better, but will need time to test some of my theories...
Quote:
(2016-01-22, 05:21)vbat99 Wrote:

So I can only sort by rating, and if I want to sort by title and see rating next to title, that's not allowed. To do so, I have to go to table tab.
Is this what you're saying?
Well, technically, your wanting to see the Ratings column while sorted by Title. That is different than sorting by Rating.
I know MC has options to display Watched and/or Plot column (not sure why Plot column) and a quick test shows it only inverts the titles, but it may be possible to add display of Column, and also to sort by which column header is clicked.
Again, will need some time to test this out.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-22

That'd be great. Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-22

Fixed. For anybody else that has issues. I pulled the plug on EVERYTHING. I let it rest for like an hour. Took my cloud another hour to boot everything in properly. Set overnight. Scanned, and MC loaded and started scanning in about 3 minutes. Unchecked all my options for artwork, since I already have all of it. I'm at about 30 secs/movie now. Something froze up somewhere. Just wish I had done that days ago. MyCloud is a touch different than a normal NAS. I like it a lot, but....I think they do odd firmware updates at random that mess with their tech. I wanted access from away from home, and couldn't figure out a traditional one. ...though..in 3 years...I've pulled 1 picture off of it outside the house. ..Hindsight.

Back in action. Thanks, dude for all the assists. Just tossed MC a few bucks on the site. People don't donate enough to cool projects. They like to complain when the free stuff doesn't work and don't help out. I see that a lot of Google Play games. I complain that I have to tip at restaurants though. Goes both ways, I suppose.

Keep up the awesome work!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-23

Really glad you persevered and got this resolved. And donations are much appreciated, and do help encouraging us to continue making Media companion better, but I know I do it for the enjoyment and challenge.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-23

@tars

Best I have been able to do is allow sorting by Cert column or Title column.
Can not add the Cert Column at this time as a permanently placed column.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-23

Is it not possible to modify the current navigation panel to two columns (Title&Year and Cert) instead of adding the same columns as permanent options?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-23

What is Error Encountered at stage 3

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Media_Companion.WorkingWithNfoFiles.mov_NfoSave(String filenameandpath, FullMovieDetails movietosave, Boolean overwrite)

Also, there should be an option to dismiss this automatically or something. When scraping a big set it stops it cold until you hit ok. Hard for overnight scrapes.