Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-02-02

(2016-02-02, 08:27)vbat99 Wrote: Ok, so I made a change in where MC sets the 2 limit.
Now when the user changes the actor or director Max value to greater than 999, MC will increase the minimum value to 2, in the preferences. So users can now reset this back to __1__ by their choice.

Great! Thanks a lot!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-05

New Release.

Media Companion 3.642b

!! Thanks to those users who gave feedback, and ideas.

New:
  • MC - Add common preference to show Custom Genre's at start of Genre selection box.
  • Movie - TMDB Scrape, add option to get Genres from IMDB.
  • Movie - Add User Ratings to Movies, with Sort by User Rating, User Rating Filter, Tableview, and Alternative Editor.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix Root Folder filter.
  • Movie - Rework MovieSet filtering to support custom sets with no SetId.
  • Movie - Change Missing Credits to Missing Writer.
  • Movie - General Filter increase slightly number if items displayed at one time.
  • Movie - Fix quotes in Outline and Tagline.
  • Movie - Change where Minimum actors or directors is set if Max actors or directors is greater than 999.
  • Movie - Catch error if incorrect value given to resize filter splitcontainer.
  • Home Movie - Addition of Preferences, Fanart and Poster Screenshot Time.
  • Music Video - Improve searching, Improve artwork from Wiki.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.642b x86 & MC 3.642b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-05

Special Note:

The MoviePoster DB site has changed to Cinematerial.com, and become a Pay-to-download site.
https://www.cinematerial.com/

Quote:For MoviePosterDB users:
All your accounts and credits are transferred to CineMaterial, and you should be able to login using the same email address and password you used on MoviePosterDB. If this doesn't work please contact us through the contact form or [email protected].
Quote:To take full advantage of CineMaterial you can upgrade your account and become a premium member. You'll be able to download high resolution movie posters and filter images based on language, size and category. Premium memberships start at $ 6.95 .

As this is the case, MoviePosterDb functionality in Media Companion will be removed in the next release, unless there is another way to access this sites posters.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-02-05

Checking the custom info now. You really crank out the updates.

Also....who the heck thought that charging for poster downloads was a good idea? I'm sure the companies that are utilized in the scraping aren't totally happy with the bandwidth usage, but it's not really a huge draw. For a full, front level website, go free and pay with ads like most companies do. Bad business in this age.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-02-05

The TV Show Selector doesn't work for me.
My initial scrape of Death Note was recognized. I went by the TV Show Selector tab and chose the correct Death Note. I then clicked 'Scrape show...". Series still has a red X next to it.

watch gallery

Which scraper have you selected?

Having the XBMC TVDB scraper selected, fails for me with this TV Series.
But the In-built TVDB scraper succeeded perfectly.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 04:30)vbat99 Wrote: Which scraper have you selected?

That must be it. I couldn't test it though because I found a workaround. I manually paste the series' TVDB ID and IMDB ID into its nfo file. The I reload from nfo. I was good to go from there Smile

(2016-02-05, 02:59)McButton Wrote: Checking the custom info now. You really crank out the updates.

Also....who the heck thought that charging for poster downloads was a good idea? I'm sure the companies that are utilized in the scraping aren't totally happy with the bandwidth usage, but it's not really a huge draw. For a full, front level website, go free and pay with ads like most companies do. Bad business in this age.

I'm trying to get back to a Weekly release schedule....trying.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 04:36)marhutchy Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 04:30)vbat99 Wrote: Which scraper have you selected?

That must be it. I couldn't test it though because I found a workaround. I manually paste the series' TVDB ID and IMDB ID into its nfo file. The I reload from nfo. I was good to go from there Smile
Scrapers may be having some issues with Death Note (default) since there's an updated Live Action version now, and sometimes I've seen the movies confused with the anime on some sites (Live artwork for anime, anime artwork for live, manga art for the movies, etc.)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-05

Rob, thanks for the latest. have a question about the root folder drop down option. When select only one root/drive, should I see sets for just that folder or the whole collection?

Also, did the way discs are sorted in folders change? I thought it used to list discs 1, 2, 3...10 etc. Now it's 1, 10, 2, 3. Just the anal in me. Rofl Thanks.

(2016-02-05, 23:00)bobrap Wrote: Rob, thanks for the latest. have a question about the root folder drop down option. When select only one root/drive, should I see sets for just that folder or the whole collection? Thanks.

It should only show movies that are stored on the selected Root Movie Folder(s).
If you have sets spread across different Root Movie Folders, then selecting only one Root folder, should only show those in the Set that are in the selected Root folder.

Using the Sets filter, may override this setting, as it depends on which filter is programmed to run first, and I think I added the Root movie folder after sets.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-02-06

Thanks for the new release!
Everything is working fine except the incomplete movie set info filter. Still no idea how the filter is supposed to work as it lists all my set movies, and many set movies still show "of unknown" even though all have TMDB set ids. Even tried rescraping set id for all movies, ran check set id command several times, to no avail. I'll just have to ignore the filter.
By the way, how about adding playlist feature to MC? That'd be quite useful to manage movies as it's just like you're using endless number of custom tags and easily browsing movies depending on your needs. What do you think?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-06

(2016-02-05, 23:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 23:00)bobrap Wrote: Rob, thanks for the latest. have a question about the root folder drop down option. When select only one root/drive, should I see sets for just that folder or the whole collection? Thanks.

It should only show movies that are stored on the selected Root Movie Folder(s).
If you have sets spread across different Root Movie Folders, then selecting only one Root folder, should only show those in the Set that are in the selected Root folder.

Using the Sets filter, may override this setting, as it depends on which filter is programmed to run first, and I think I added the Root movie folder after sets.

OK, asked because if I select just one root, the drop down sets filter shows all the sets from all drives.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-06

(2016-02-06, 00:18)tars Wrote: Thanks for the new release!
Everything is working fine except the incomplete movie set info filter. Still no idea how the filter is supposed to work as it lists all my set movies, and many set movies still show "of unknown" even though all have TMDB set ids. Even tried rescraping set id for all movies, ran check set id command several times, to no avail. I'll just have to ignore the filter.
I'm not sure how this works either. As mentioned, another Dev was working on this, but have not heard from him since just after Xmas. So I am stumbling through what he was attempting to get working, so please be patient.
Quote:By the way, how about adding playlist feature to MC? That'd be quite useful to manage movies as it's just like you're using endless number of custom tags and easily browsing movies depending on your needs. What do you think?
Nope, not interested in creating a playlist function in Media Companion.

Media Companion is mainly for creating nfo's for Movies, TV, Music Video, than becoming a Media Center Player.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-02-06

(2016-02-06, 00:31)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 00:18)tars Wrote: By the way, how about adding playlist feature to MC? That'd be quite useful to manage movies as it's just like you're using endless number of custom tags and easily browsing movies depending on your needs. What do you think?
Nope, not interested in creating a playlist function in Media Companion.

Media Companion is mainly for creating nfo's for Movies, TV, Music Video, than becoming a Media Center Player.

It's more for managing movie collection for better nfos and images than for playing movies. MC can't become a player as it can't play video files, at best it's an organizer.
No rushes, just think about it.