Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-02-22

This is the 2nd time I've noticed this: MC's process continues to run in the background selecting yes to download an update and closing the application.

Everything works fine as far as I can tell Smile
Thanks for the quick update Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-22

In MC 3.641b I changed the point that MC checked if there was a new version.
We now check before loading the database, so a User can download the new version before the large database is loaded.

MC - New option to close MC if user accepts to download new version.

But, I also added an option in General Preferences under Check for new version,
"If accept download, close Media Companion
So that if a user accepts, a webpage is opened, and MC stops, again before loading the database.

Take the tick out of this option, and MC will continue to load and open the webpage for the new version.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-22

(2016-02-20, 22:11)leejk Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 03:46)vbat99 Wrote: Those video's that won't create a screenshot, I might need to get a copy of one, so I can figure out what is not happening correctly. Can you PM me either a link to a download, or upload one so I can test.

And yep, I know about the Up/Down on keyboard, I'll look into that also.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how I can send you a video file... they're about 60mb. It seems to be a random issue, meaning that 2 videos of the same codec format work differently; one it will capture a screenshot but not the other. Both playback fine.

Hi @leejk

This new version has an updated ffmpeg. I am hoping that this version will get the screenshots of those Music Videos.
Please let me know.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-02-22

(2016-02-22, 01:41)vbat99 Wrote: In MC 3.641b I changed the point that MC checked if there was a new version.
We now check before loading the database, so a User can download the new version before the large database is loaded.

MC - New option to close MC if user accepts to download new version.

But, I also added an option in General Preferences under Check for new version,
"If accept download, close Media Companion
So that if a user accepts, a webpage is opened, and MC stops, again before loading the database.

Take the tick out of this option, and MC will continue to load and open the webpage for the new version.

Found it!
Thanks again Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-23

(2016-02-12, 16:19)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to ask a question and I think this may have been addressed before. Can the screenshot module that is used in TV be adapted for movies? I have a few movies that have no fanart. Thanks.

In place for the next release.
Catchs.
* If there is fanart available from TMDB, then the option to create a Screenshot is not visible.
* Default value is 50 seconds. The delay time is not stored in Config.
* Clicking on the Screenshot button, will save the image immediately to the movie's folder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-23

(2016-02-23, 05:27)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 16:19)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to ask a question and I think this may have been addressed before. Can the screenshot module that is used in TV be adapted for movies? I have a few movies that have no fanart. Thanks.

In place for the next release.
Catchs.
* If there is fanart available from TMDB, then the option to create a Screenshot is not visible.
* Default value is 50 seconds. The delay time is not stored in Config.
* Clicking on the Screenshot button, will save the image immediately to the movie's folder.

Thanks, Rob. The default is 50 secs, but, can that be changed (if the screen capture is crap)?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-23

Yes, just stuck a number in as a default, user can change.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-22, 01:43)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 22:11)leejk Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 03:46)vbat99 Wrote: Those video's that won't create a screenshot, I might need to get a copy of one, so I can figure out what is not happening correctly. Can you PM me either a link to a download, or upload one so I can test.

And yep, I know about the Up/Down on keyboard, I'll look into that also.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how I can send you a video file... they're about 60mb. It seems to be a random issue, meaning that 2 videos of the same codec format work differently; one it will capture a screenshot but not the other. Both playback fine.

Hi @leejk

This new version has an updated ffmpeg. I am hoping that this version will get the screenshots of those Music Videos.
Please let me know.

Hi, no luck with the new version. I will try and see if I can setup a DropBox this weekend.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-26

New Release.

Media Companion 3.644b

- Couple of new items, and tweaks. Plus some bug fixes

New:
  • MC Preferences - Merge main Common and General Tabs to reduce confusion and simplify.
  • Movie - Complete addition of Screen-shot of Fanart, only if no fanart available, else hidden.
  • TV - Addition of Wall tab, showing TV Series.
  • TV - filter watched/unwatched similar to Series Status. Only shows series matching watched or unwatched.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Make Fanart and Poster shrink when progress bar visible, keeping media-overlay visible.
  • Music Video - Fix displaying music video on key up/down in list.
  • MC - Revert ffmpeg.exe to previous version. New version has no advantages and we save 15MB in file size.
  • MC - improve speed of obtaining screenshot.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.644b x86 & MC 3.644b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - KidKiwi - 2016-02-26

Greetings Vbat99...and thx for the new release.

In the last couple of releases I have since discovered a "durationinseconds" field is put in the mediainfo area of the nfo - something previous releases didn't.

Is it possible to stop MC from doing this??

In my situation, when the nfo is loaded into Kodi (Gotham) I get a 0 min runtime.

This is because I use renamed txt files with an iso extension to create a fake video file so I can prescrape all my nfos. Then I get the nfos exactly how I want them, then I write them out to my server. MC is never pointed at my server because I have spent way too much time getting everything like I want it.

I also manually write all the mediainfo to the nfo so I get what it should be instead of relying on sofware to tell me what it isn't. MC doesn't parse ISO files so I have always done it this way.

My runtime field is always correct because I update it with the correct time when I write the real iso out to my server.

You have a "Save media duration as runtime" checkbox in MC. Would it be possible to also create a new check box with the reverse - " Save media runtime as duration"....or a check box that disables the durationinseconds being written into the nfo.

Really appreciate your efforts on MC. I've been using it for years and it's fantastic! Even now, I'm still learning some of the things it can do Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-02-26

(2016-02-26, 07:08)KidKiwi Wrote: Greetings Vbat99...and thx for the new release.

In the last couple of releases I have since discovered a "durationinseconds" field is put in the mediainfo area of the nfo - something previous releases didn't.

Is it possible to stop MC from doing this??

In my situation, when the nfo is loaded into Kodi (Gotham) I get a 0 min runtime.

This is because I use renamed txt files with an iso extension to create a fake video file so I can prescrape all my nfos. Then I get the nfos exactly how I want them, then I write them out to my server. MC is never pointed at my server because I have spent way too much time getting everything like I want it.

I also manually write all the mediainfo to the nfo so I get what it should be instead of relying on sofware to tell me what it isn't. MC doesn't parse ISO files so I have always done it this way.

My runtime field is always correct because I update it with the correct time when I write the real iso out to my server.

You have a "Save media duration as runtime" checkbox in MC. Would it be possible to also create a new check box with the reverse - " Save media runtime as duration"....or a check box that disables the durationinseconds being written into the nfo.

Really appreciate your efforts on MC. I've been using it for years and it's fantastic! Even now, I'm still learning some of the things it can do Smile

And is kidkiwi one of us in NZ?

I understand and think it's a good idea. Actually, just pushed the new option up to the code-base, so it will be available in the next release.
So, new option. Movie - New option to save scraped runtime into <durationinseconds>.
Will be in Movie Preferences, General tab.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-02-26

Another great release. Fixed my display problems. Only things I see is (for me) the plot label above the select button is cut off and the bottom images select button is cut off. Great work on this. I really appreciate it!

If you're taking suggestions... I like the addition of the TV wall view, but, I like the wall view for movies better. Only one way to scroll. Just a thought. Big Grin

Thanks again.

Can't promise I can fix the plot select, but will take a look.

What do you mean, one way to scroll?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Choppasmith - 2016-02-26

Anyone else having trouble with DVD Sort Order?

Trying to add some DVD rips of Gargoyles and Futurama which have unique DVD sort Orders. Found an old post in this thread so yes, I've tried deleting Episode NFOs, selecting DVD sort order, saving, refreshing, then adding. Still gives me Aired/Default order. I think it may be something up with the TVDB site, because Ember is also giving me trouble as well.

Sorry, haven't needed to use DVD sort order in a long while, so no idea if there is an issue with the code or tvdb site.