Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-04-28

This is extremely easy to do in its current structure.

I do this all the time to move new movies after scraping to a permanent location.

Simply click…Refresh and MC will remove the movies that were moved.

Then click search and as long as you have the other folder location in the folder structure it will locate it in its new location.

Never had an issue doing it this way.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-28

Hey what?
Quote:already supported via "Export Selected Movies" context menu
Back the truck up!

So I learnt something new today. Wonder where that option came from? Possibly from AnotherPhil, and I suspect for the purpose of transferring a movie to a portable drive.

As this is an export option, it won't be changed to remove the existing files. I also note it does not export the actors folder, and also only copies the movie and associated files, but not the folder the movie was in.

I would be inclined to leave this function alone as I was not the author of this option. That, and it has been in Media Companion since at least the 3.411b release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-04-28

Am I missing something?

Why not just copy the folder into the new location?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-28

As it is a routine that is long time in mediacompanion, I didn't program it, and whomever did, was specific about what the routine does, I'm not going to mess with it.

Maybe another option would be better, say Move Movie(s) to another Root Movie Folder '?

This I would have under Movie toolbar under Batch rescrape wizard possibly

Since we are asking for additions. Smile

How about a sort function that adds...Watched and Unwatched?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-28, 21:32)artistwantab Wrote: Since we are asking for additions. Smile

How about a sort function that adds...Watched and Unwatched?

Um, whats wrong with the General Filter -> Watched or Unwatched?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-28, 21:18)vbat99 Wrote: Maybe another option would be better, say Move Movie(s) to another Root Movie Folder '?

This I would have under Movie toolbar under Batch rescrape wizard possibly

That would be great! That should handle both movies in a root folder and their own folders plus actors folder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-04-29

vbat99, 2 things...

Can we get a feature in the Batch Rescraper Wizard for the movies that rescrape Media Tags and then rename and move the movie and folder?

For filtering movies... I want to be able to just filter out movies starts with a particular letter.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-29

The batch rescrape wizard is only for scraping and renaming.

Moving of movies will be a separate entry under movie toolbar as the user needs to select a destination folder. It will be too confusing and potential hazardous to include in the wizard.

Filter by exclude a start character I don't see being added.
We can currently filter by matching one or more typed characters.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-04-29

I see.

What I meant was rescrape media tags and rename movie and folder. Is that already a feature in batch rescrape wizard?

(2016-04-29, 10:44)marhutchy Wrote: I see.

What I meant was rescrape media tags and rename movie and folder. Is that already a feature in batch rescrape wizard?

Checking this image, see the section Other
Rescrape Media Tags
Rename Files
Rename Folders.

Renaming Files or Folders is done at the end of the rescrape wizard routine.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-30

Any plan to support display of offline movies - in the sense of those in disconnected storage - using MC's own database and image cache?
My movies are stored in several external HDDs, and MC currently requires to have all of them connected to display info of those movies properly. If one of those source external HDD is disconnected, MC constantly asks if I want to remove the selected movie from database for those disconnected movies. Because of this limitation, users even cannot know if a new movie is already an existing one without having all storage connected. Personally I am using other programs (such as tmm) that support display of offline movies when not all storage is connected.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-30

(2016-04-30, 05:04)tars Wrote: Any plan to support display of offline movies - in the sense of those in disconnected storage - using MC's own database and image cache?
My movies are stored in several external HDDs, and MC currently requires to have all of them connected to display info of those movies properly. If one of those source external HDD is disconnected, MC constantly asks if I want to remove the selected movie from database for those disconnected movies. Because of this limitation, users even cannot know if a new movie is already an existing one without having all storage connected. Personally I am using other programs (such as tmm) that support display of offline movies when not all storage is connected.

No plans to incorporate this. The only image caches MC has are the Download Cache, and the Wall Poster Cache. MC does not cache any other artwork.

Media Companion was and still is all about XBMC/Kodi being the Media Library, and supporting by creating the local nfo and artwork for XBMC/Kodi.

I'm glad you have found a program for this functionality.
Personally, I'd invest in a NAS system, whether using hardware lying around and software like OpenMediaVault, or purchasing a NAS product. This way I'd always have my movies/tv series handy, without having to unplug/re-plug HDD's to watch them.
Having done this for a few friends, and myself, I have now just passed 14TB of storage. Now any Kodi/XBMC can access every file in my collection.

If tmm works for you, I wish you well.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-30

Yeah, I know there are various ways if I want to keep all of my storage active all the time. A HDD enclosure would do the same job with cheaper cost. But I just have no need to maintain access to all those storage at once unless it is required. Thanks for your reply.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-04-30

(2016-04-29, 20:48)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 10:44)marhutchy Wrote: I see.

Checking this image, see the section Other
Rescrape Media Tags
Rename Files
Rename Folders.

Renaming Files or Folders is done at the end of the rescrape wizard routine.

Oh shit! Silly me... I didn't notice that after all this time!!!
I love this even more!