Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 19:54)artistwantab Wrote: Thank you. I had that pulled all the way down and didn't use it.

No prob. It's the only filter I use, as it shows me what movies are missing what info.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 15:33)tars Wrote: This issue persists when running Batch Rescraper Wizard for TMDB set names and movie set artwork.
I did some investigation for movies that give the error, and here's one problem I found.
TMDB used to have "Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection" movie set, but now the set no longer exists in the site. So if you now scrape "The Birds (1963)", it gets no TMDB movie set. But if you already have the movie in your collection with the movie set name and set id (354777) in nfo file and try to rescrape "TMDB set names" to update the info, MC doesn't remove the non-existent set name and set id from the nfo file.
At this point, if you try to rescrape movie set artwork for the movie, if throws the errors quoted above.

Well, that's a pain in the arse. I cam across something similar with Star Trek collection. TMDb has split this into three separate collections.
Star Trek: The Original Series Collection
Star Trek: The Next Generation Collection
&
Star Trek: Alternate Reality Collection

I'll see what can be done.

(2016-05-01, 16:26)tars Wrote: When rescraping TMDB set name for "James Bond Collection" movies using Batch Rescraper Wizard, many movies (For Your Eyes Only, Live and Let Die, Spectre) keeps giving the following error.

Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

But set name and set id in nfo files of those movies have no problem at all and are identical with the info on the site. If I select those problem movies only and run rescrape movie set name via context menu command, it works without any problem. I suspect Batch Rescraper Wizard has some issue for TMDB set name.

Interesting, as Context Rescrape Movie Set Name, and Batch rescraper run the same code, but selection is slightly different.

Still these error message and your description of procedure, and investigation, are definitely going to help get to the bottom of this problem.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-05-01

Hi, Rob. Could you please explain this a bit more:
Movie - Disable incompatible general filter, Incomplete Movie Set Info. Users can select 'Sets' filter to display how many movies of total movies in a set.

Is this supposed to fix the (# of unknown) when using the sets filter? Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-05-01

I just found something out.

On my main computer 27" screen and NVidia Quadro Pro2 Card I cant see the general filter option.

1024 x 768 resolution...

I can't see the general filter. Even with the tool bar push all the way up. Weird.

Here is a screen shot.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 23:07)artistwantab Wrote: I just found something out.

On my main computer 27" screen and NVidia Quadro Pro2 Card I cant see the general filter option.

1024 x 768 resolution...

I can't see the general filter. Even with the tool bar push all the way up. Weird.

Here is a screen shot.

Have you checked to make sure it isn't unchecked in the configure movie filters?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-01, 23:27)bobrap Wrote:

1024 x 768 resolution...

Here is a screen shot.

Have you checked to make sure it isn't unchecked in the configure movie filters?

I'd agree with bobrap, looks like you've unselected General Filters. Right-click anywhere on the list of Filters to bring up Configure Movie Filters.
Here you can enable/disable any filters you don't use or need.

Note: less filters enabled, quicker Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-01, 22:31)bobrap Wrote: Hi, Rob. Could you please explain this a bit more:
Movie - Disable incompatible general filter, Incomplete Movie Set Info. Users can select 'Sets' filter to display how many movies of total movies in a set.

Is this supposed to fix the (# of unknown) when using the sets filter? Thanks.

In General Filter there was an entry called Incomplete Movie Set Info (x)
This really did not work correctly, showing x amount missing even if the Movie Set was complete.
Users can have the Sets filter enabled, to show which movies they have in a Set.
They can also go to the Movie Sets & Tags tab, right click a Movie Set title and click on Show Movies in Collection to see which movies they have or haven't got for that Set.

AnotherPhil was coding this, and it hasn't been working since it's addition.
I have only disabled this option, therefore hiding it from addition to the General Filter list of filters.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-05-02

Gotcha, thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-01, 22:31)bobrap Wrote: Is this supposed to fix the (# of unknown) when using the sets filter?

I am glad it's not just me to have the same "unknown" number issue.
I still have lots of "unknown" total number for movie sets (and some total numbers are smaller than existing number) and have been trying to fix this for months without success.

(2016-01-20, 19:23)vbat99 Wrote: you may need to run the Movie Set Id Check from Toolbar Movies and afterwards do a Refresh to repopulate all the data required, for MC to know exactly how many movies should be in a Movie Set. Ie: Die Hard Collection should show (2 of 5) - if you have two of the movies belonging to Die Hard.

If I run "Movie Set id Check", it checks only part of movie sets in my collection. So I figured it might have some mismatch with set ids in my collection. But if I try to rescrape TMDB moive set name, I get various errors from lots of movies that I reported earlier, so the rescraping can never be completed. Also I had a central movie set artwork folder set, but it only has part of my movie set collection because rescraping missing movie set artwork too gets constantly interrupted by the same errors.

(2016-05-02, 01:53)vbat99 Wrote: AnotherPhil was coding this, and it hasn't been working since it's addition.
I have only disabled this option, therefore hiding it from addition to the General Filter list of filters.

I hope you fix this issue partly with my bug reports. But if you cannot fix it because that's not what you coded, my suggestion is completely remove the added code and restore it as it was instead of hiding it. Movie set related features in MC used to be just working fine before the filter was added about four months ago. Then, if you want, add new code after you really test it.

(2016-05-02, 04:27)tars Wrote:
(2016-05-02, 01:53)vbat99 Wrote: AnotherPhil was coding this, and it hasn't been working since it's addition.

I hope you fix this issue partly with my bug reports. But if you cannot fix it because that's not what you coded, my suggestion is completely remove the added code and restore it as it was instead of hiding it. Movie set related features in MC used to be just working fine before the filter was added about four months ago. Then, if you want, add new code after you really test it.

I worded incorrect. Hidden is also meaning disabled. I will not remove the code, in case AnotherPhil returns and completes it, or I can resolve the issue.
I had this section working very well, but now I need to understand what his plans were for Movie Sets.

On another note: I have solved scrolling in the Movie Fanart Tab. This will be in the next release.

(2016-05-02, 05:05)vbat99 Wrote: I have solved scrolling in the Movie Fanart Tab. This will be in the next release.

Thanks!

A quick question: how to filter to movies in any movie set?
You can filter to movies with no movie set by selecting "none" from movie set filter and also can select individual movie sets, but how to select all movie sets at once?
You can do it on table tab, but then you can't use rescrape commands, etc.

(2016-05-02, 06:47)tars Wrote: Thanks!

A quick question: how to filter to movies in any movie set?
You can filter to movies with no movie set by selecting "none" from movie set filter and also can select individual movie sets, but how to select all movie sets at once?
You can do it on table tab, but then you can't use rescrape commands, etc.

The Sets filter has a M or S between the work Sets, and the dropbox to the right.
Select M - for Multi.
The just click each set so it shows a White box with a Tick.
This will then display every movie in every set.

And no, there is no easy option to select every set.

(2016-05-02, 06:55)vbat99 Wrote: And no, there is no easy option to select every set.

Then please consider adding a general filter, something like "Movies in a movie set". That would be useful to managing those movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-01, 23:27)bobrap Wrote:

1024 x 768 resolution...

Here is a screen shot.

No...I use the same Media Companion Folder over a network so its definitly a screen resolution issue because if I change the screen resolution it fine. Unfortunatly the above is the only resolution that look good on the 27" screen.

I found a work around. Just removed some filters I wont use.