Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-28

(2016-06-28, 19:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 18:48)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Got something I was hoping you might help with. I use Unraid as my server with a plugin called Recycle Bin. It creates a recycle bin folder that's labeled .recycle.bin. Is there any way to add this to the hard coded ignored folders or show me where I can add it? Every time I do an add folders from root and then refresh, I have to delete these folders. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Just to be sure, it is dot recycle dot bin (no spaces of course)

I can hard code that, just verify it for me please.

That is correct. Also, was 3.6.5.5 supposed to fix the set x of x problem?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-29

(2016-06-28, 20:30)bobrap Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 19:58)vbat99 Wrote: Just to be sure, it is dot recycle dot bin (no spaces of course)

I can hard code that, just verify it for me please.

That is correct. Also, was 3.6.5.5 supposed to fix the set x of x problem?

.recycle.bin is now hard-coded into MC to be excluded as a folder. Tested on my UnRaid system, and working. Be in the next release

As for the Set x of x issue. Yes 3.655b should fix the filter display.
(2016-06-22, 07:00)vbat99 Wrote: The good news: In regards to 2 of unknown (etc) in regards to Movie sets, in the next release, selecting Movie Set Id Check will populate all movies belonging to sets that are in Media Companion, and then it will update the Sets filter.

If you still see some movies sets that have X of unknown, please let me know what these sets are.
In my testing, only movies that are allocated to Sets, and the Sets don't exist or don't exist anymore on TMDb showed and X of unknown.

I'd verify that the set still exists on TMDb. They have a funny way of removing sets or altering them. ie: Star Trek Collection was split into three collections.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-29

Set thing still isn't working well for me. I have to filter each set individually and then scrape TMDB set name. Huh

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-29

(2016-06-29, 03:24)bobrap Wrote: Set thing still isn't working well for me. I have to filter each set individually and then scrape TMDB set name. Huh

What about this.

Delete the file moviesetcache.xml from Settings folder.
Start Media Companion and then do a Movie Sets ID Check.

It should blitz past the ID check, and start at the Updating Movie collections with Movies in collection.
Then the Sets filter should be all updated.

If not, please upload a few offending movies nfo's and PM me a link to the nfo's, and I'll take a look.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-29

Still a no go. Did a fresh install and still the same. Gonna try deleting all nfo files and re-scrape.

(2016-06-29, 04:03)bobrap Wrote: Still a no go. Did a fresh install and still the same. Gonna try deleting all nfo files and re-scrape.

No chance of getting a few of those nfo's before hand? I'd love to try and get it sorted.

@bobrap
MC has another developer, who has idea's on how to resolve some of the Sets issues.

He's hoping to have some time this week to put some fixes in place. So possibly next release may see improvements in the Sets Filter.

Not a problem and no hurry. Glad to see you have some help! Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-30

(2016-06-26, 06:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 17:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: *EDIT* 5. Another great thing would be to integrate trakt or some other site to sync watched status.

Lastly, No.5 This would be a feature request that very possibly many users would appreciate.
I will also investigate now to incorporate this into Media Companion. I do have to advise that there may be some time before this does get integrated, as there are currently two dev's for Media Companion.

Investigated Trakt integration and...nope.

This would have to be written from the ground up for Media Companion to access.
I had thought about using the Kodi Addon, but this involves Python, which
a). I do not know Python
b). MC doesn't ship with Python
c). Would still need many man-hours to get integrated.
d). Don't know Python...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-30

(2016-06-27, 06:39)artistwantab Wrote: Very cool.

BTW...a while ago I suggested adding the option of creating screen shots for home movies in increments of say every 2 minutes or whatever the person wants and giving you an option of 8 shots.

It seemed like it would be a possibility?

In next release, Screenshot tab will show 5 preview images. Users can click a preview image to load into the main large picturebox.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-30

(2016-06-30, 11:08)vbat99 Wrote:

BTW...a while ago I suggested adding the option of creating screen shots for home movies in increments of say every 2 minutes or whatever the person wants and giving you an option of 8 shots.

In next release, Screenshot tab will show 5 preview images. Users can click a preview image to load into the main large picturebox.

Rob, is the five screenshots for home movies only or for tv, movies and home stuff? BTW, do you know Python? Tongue

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - kruuth - 2016-06-30

I'm having a strange issue here with media companion. I just refreshed my TV shows, and I have a large number of blank lines at the top of the list now. Is there some way to remove these? They don't seem to have any info in there.

(2016-06-30, 14:31)bobrap Wrote:
(2016-06-30, 11:08)vbat99 Wrote:

Rob, is the five screenshots for home movies only or for tv, movies and home stuff? BTW, do you know Python? Tongue

Er...as proof of concept (yeah, that sounds good) its been added to TV Screenshot....but I can add this to Home Movies and Music Video.
As for Movies, the option to use screenshot only makes it presence know if there is no fanart available on TMDb, so I'd have to think hard on how to implement this for Movies Fanart tab.
Big Grin No I don't know Python, why do you ask? Tongue Rofl LOL.

(2016-06-30, 16:24)kruuth Wrote: I'm having a strange issue here with media companion. I just refreshed my TV shows, and I have a large number of blank lines at the top of the list now. Is there some way to remove these? They don't seem to have any info in there.

Hellokruuth

I've seen this before if a TV series is still listed in the List of series folders.
Try going to TV Folders tab, clicking the Check List for Removed Folders button.

Another thing to try, select a blank line then go to the TV Show Selector tab.
On this tab , top left, is a Series Path heading, and should show you the path to the offending TV Series.

Let me know how you get on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-06-30

(2016-06-30, 05:51)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-26, 06:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 17:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: *EDIT* 5. Another great thing would be to integrate trakt or some other site to sync watched status.

Lastly, No.5 This would be a feature request that very possibly many users would appreciate.
I will also investigate now to incorporate this into Media Companion. I do have to advise that there may be some time before this does get integrated, as there are currently two dev's for Media Companion.

Investigated Trakt integration and...nope.

This would have to be written from the ground up for Media Companion to access.
I had thought about using the Kodi Addon, but this involves Python, which
a). I do not know Python
b). MC doesn't ship with Python
c). Would still need many man-hours to get integrated.
d). Don't know Python...

That's a shame, but thanks for looking into it!