Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trogggy - 2016-08-06

I've noticed in the last few days that MC isn't scraping tv episode names, so I'm getting episode 1, episode 2 rather than the titles. Upgraded to MC3.659b and the problem's still there. Is anyone else seeing this?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-06

Check tvdb site first, if they have proper episode names not episode 1 etc, them, in tools, clear cache or the likes

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-06

Aspect Ratio Request if even possible:

IMDb, in some movies, has 3 aspect ratios listed. In these instances, MC scrapes the first one listed which is identified as (negative ratio). Would it be possible to condition MC that if 3 ratios are available, to scrape the one that has the word bluray or DVD in it? or to ignore the rating if (negative ratio) and use the following one on the list

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110357/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec

If I change the AR in nfo file, then MC doesn't recognize the file

edit:
If I disable notepad++, I am able to edit the NFO and MC shows the change

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-07

(2016-08-06, 13:14)Edworld Wrote: Aspect Ratio Request if even possible:

IMDb, in some movies, has 3 aspect ratios listed. In these instances, MC scrapes the first one listed which is identified as (negative ratio). Would it be possible to condition MC that if 3 ratios are available, to scrape the one that has the word bluray or DVD in it? or to ignore the rating if (negative ratio) and use the following one on the list

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110357/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec

If I change the AR in nfo file, then MC doesn't recognize the file

edit:
If I disable notepad++, I am able to edit the NFO and MC shows the change
MC doesn't load the technical specs page to get the AR, as this is another webpage to load to get one piece of info.
In truth, while getting the AR from IMDb will give you the info for the original movie's aspect ratio, I do not see the benefit of getting this info if it is different from the actual video file the user has on hand.
This is the point of getting the info from the Media Stream details, to show the user what AR the video file is.

I'm inclined to leave the AR from IMDb as it is. Adding more hoops for MC to go through just slows down the scraping process for majority of users.
And if I did make the changes, filtering by Bluray or DVD wouldn't be included. I would only ensure that if more than one AR is on IMDb, and first is (negative Ratio) then select the second AR or possibly look for (intended ratio) as this is what AR the movie was suppose to be at.

As for Notepad++, This is what I use to edit nfo's.
You need to change a couple of settings so that Notepad++ reads NFO files as XML.
Read this issue on MediaCompanion codeplex site where i explain how to fix notepad++ to read and save nfo files correctly.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-07

Thanks for pointing out how to configure Notepad++

Before using MC, all my movies in Kodi would show up as 4:3 or 16:9. All of my movies display correctly, none of them are stretched or distorted.

I tried changing the header of my mkv files (DVD) using Mkvtoolnix but was unsuccessful and after a couple of tries I gave up.

For blurays, very much the same, all of them show up in Kodi as 16:9.

That is why I end up using the AR option in MC, at least I get the correct aspect ratio. I understand that I after I play the movie in Kodi it will show up again as 4:3 or 16:9. I refresh using NFO file and get the correct AR.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-07

Seems your fighting with how the video file was encoded, which means your getting Kodi to distort the video playback.

Your right, Kodi will re-write the stream details once it plays the video, and Kodi only displays 4:3 of 16:9, and not the AR.

I am looking into if its possible, but I can not promise anything at this time.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-07

(2016-08-07, 01:25)vbat99 Wrote: Seems your fighting with how the video file was encoded, which means your getting Kodi to distort the video playback.

The movies play fine.

The issue is with the header in the mkv file, not having the correct AR

I wouldn't spend time changing the way you scrape AR from IMDb, time better spent is probably fixing PCM file with 1.0, more people benfit.

Thanks again

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trogggy - 2016-08-07

(2016-08-06, 12:18)trogggy Wrote: I've noticed in the last few days that MC isn't scraping tv episode names, so I'm getting episode 1, episode 2 rather than the titles. Upgraded to MC3.659b and the problem's still there. Is anyone else seeing this?

(2016-08-06, 12:46)vbat99 Wrote: Check tvdb site first, if they have proper episode names not episode 1 etc, them, in tools, clear cache or the likes

Sorted. I think the naming of the series I was scraping (last series of top gear) must have changed between scrapes (from named episodes to 'episode x'.. A re-scrape sorted everything out. Thanks for your suggestion.

(2016-08-07, 01:42)Edworld Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 01:25)vbat99 Wrote: Seems your fighting with how the video file was encoded, which means your getting Kodi to distort the video playback.

The movies play fine.

I wouldn't spend time changing the way you scrape AR from IMDb, time better spent is probably fixing PCM file with 1.0, more people benfit.

Thanks again

Kodi does scrape PCM 1.0 correctly, not sure if you can check how they do it

(2016-08-07, 01:42)Edworld Wrote:

The movies play fine.

Thanks again

Well, I'm getting there but it's a fight.

As for the PCM file with 1.0, can you view the nfo, and copy into [ code ] section just the <fileinfo> section.
I can then dummy up a file and get this fixed in MC.

I manually added 1 to both movies, everything else is "as scraped". I do have a couple of movies where bitrate didn't get scraped.

Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>1080</height>
                <aspect>1.85</aspect>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <formatinfo>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</formatinfo>
                <durationinseconds>8345</durationinseconds>
                <bitrate>21.0 Mb/s</bitrate>
                <bitratemode>Variable</bitratemode>
                <bitratemax>37.0 Mb/s</bitratemax>
                <container>.mkv</container>
                <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <language>ita</language>
                <DefaultTrack>Yes</DefaultTrack>
                <codec>PCM</codec>
                <channels>1</channels>
                <bitrate>1 152 kb/s</bitrate>
            </audio>
            <subtitle>
                <language>eng</language>
                <default>False</default>
            </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>1080</height>
                <aspect>1.37</aspect>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <formatinfo>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</formatinfo>
                <durationinseconds>6317</durationinseconds>
                <bitrate>24.1 Mb/s</bitrate>
                <bitratemode>Variable</bitratemode>
                <bitratemax>37.0 Mb/s</bitratemax>
                <container>.mkv</container>
                <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <language>eng</language>
                <DefaultTrack>Yes</DefaultTrack>
                <codec>PCM</codec>
                <channels>1</channels>
                <bitrate>1 152 kb/s</bitrate>
            </audio>
            <subtitle>
                <language>eng</language>
                <default>False</default>
            </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

(2016-08-07, 02:20)Edworld Wrote: I manually added 1 to both movies, everything else is "as scraped". I do have a couple of movies where bitrate didn't get scraped.

Thanks, that will definitely help.

As for movies where bitrate doesn't get scraped, that is out of my hands. Has to do with how mediainfo.dll works, or doesn't in some instances.

I'm seeing 1.0 with pcm.
http://imgur.com/a/oARwl

BTW:
Next release will check the technical page, and if multiple AR's found, pick the first one that is not (negative ratio)

(2016-08-07, 04:17)vbat99 Wrote: I'm seeing 1.0 with pcm.
http://imgur.com/a/oARwl

BTW:
Next release will check the technical page, and if multiple AR's found, pick te first one that is not (negative ratio)

You can see 1.0 without changing anything? In the files I pasted, I typed 1 channel manually in the NFO to both movies. Sorry for the confusion...

I have MC installed on windows 7, and in C drive

yep, just copied and pasted into an existing nfo. Showed 1.0 pcm