Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-13

Vbat99,

what does the M and S do in filters?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-13

M - Multi Select
S - Single select
https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MovFilters&referringTitle=Movies

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-13

vbat99,

I am now scraping tvshows which are in 4 different drives. Some of those shows are split in different drives and now show as duplicates in MC.

Is there a way to only show one tvshow listed?

(2015-11-04, 00:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 21:24)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 19:30)vbat99 Wrote: Unfortunately, Media Companion will always see this as two separate series and list accordingly.
And, as the current code stands, I can't get this to change as it goes down to the core coding in regards to folder structure when Media Companion finds the tvshow.nfo and also how we bind series and episodes together, by the tvdb series ID.
Your alternative option would be to have profiles in Media Companion, and have your current series in a second profile. This would avoid displaying duplicate series and duplicate episodes.

Edit:
I'll have another look at the code, see if there is anyway I can get around the core structure, but can't promise anything.

I should've stated clearly what my problem was.
I want to see both series as they are now, but only with their respective season, no duplicates.
I like that idea of profile, I've never given that feature a glance will certainly do that now Smile

EDIT:
Yes, that worked. I created a profile just for my TV series collection.
Thanks Smile

Manually adding TV series was quite a task though.

Unfortunately, Can't have both series in MC at the same time. As Both entries will have the same seriesID, and will always allocate to both nodes on the Treeview.
But, glad you got it sorted using a different profile.

BTW, you can drag'n'drop series folders in the List of Series Folders List. Might have been easier to multi-select in Explorer, and DragDrop into MC's list.

This is the same issue I am having, I will try the alternate profile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-08-14

There's a bug with MovieSets and Tags.
The tags aren't repopulated.
Not all tags selected and saved are being populated when doing an edit.
Tags can't be removed.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-14

(2016-08-14, 00:19)marhutchy Wrote: There's a bug with MovieSets and Tags.
Tags can't be removed.

Only tags that are custom added will be populated i believe. I could be wrong. But one change i made was only store custom tags in Media Companion's config file.
Now, all other tags are stored in tagcache.xml file. This is populated by a Refresh of Movies.

This was due to the volume some users have of tags. One user had over 35K of different tags, which produced stalling of Media Companion

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-08-14

(2016-08-14, 09:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 00:19)marhutchy Wrote: There's a bug with MovieSets and Tags.
Tags can't be removed.

Only tags that are custom added will be populated i believe. I could be wrong. But one change i made was only store custom tags in Media Companion's config file.
Now, all other tags are stored in tagcache.xml file. This is populated by a Refresh of Movies.

This was due to the volume some users have of tags. One user had over 35K of different tags, which produced stalling of Media Companion

I see. But tags aren't being removed from movies, when I remove them and click save tags. what about that?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-15

(2016-08-14, 21:25)marhutchy Wrote: I see. But tags aren't being removed from movies, when I remove them and click save tags. what about that?

Er....ok, that's different. Didn't think I had touch that but other changes probably affected that routine.

Is this single movie edit? or with multiple movies selected?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-15

I have spent hours in customizing fanarts, posters, AR, etc.

Is there an easy way to make a backup all the files that are in each individual movie/tv show folder? I would like to copy over everything with the exception of the movie or tv show.

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-08-15

(2016-08-15, 00:49)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 21:25)marhutchy Wrote: I see. But tags aren't being removed from movies, when I remove them and click save tags. what about that?

Er....ok, that's different. Didn't think I had touch that but other changes probably affected that routine.

Single. Haven't tried with multiple.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2016-08-15

Hello Rob,

Refresh of the movies take a lot of time to complete around say 4 -5 mins to refresh 2000 movies that to using the single thread when multiple thread options is enabled in the settings. Is there anything i am missing to set.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-16

(2016-08-15, 09:19)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

Refresh of the movies take a lot of time to complete around say 4 -5 mins to refresh 2000 movies that to using the single thread when multiple thread options is enabled in the settings. Is there anything i am missing to set.

Multi-thread is a bit misleading. If this is enabled, and you have two or more Root Movie Folders, then each root movie folder is scanned in its own thread.
But, if there is only one root movie folder, then multi-thread only runs one thread. Or, acts the same as if multi-thread option is unselected.

From your screenshot, the biggest hog to speed is the folder size function. Unless you really, really need this function, disable it on Movie Preferences -> General tab, un-tick Get FolderSize for Movies

Another tip for speed is. Disable any filter you do not use or need.
If a filter is disables, its formula is not run, speeding up Media Companion.

EDIT:
Just noticed on your screenshot, scanning folders 2 of 9.
If you have 2000 movies and only 9 folders, then you have many movies in a folder. If this is right, then please, disable GetFolderSize, as it will give a false indication for each movie in the same folder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2016-08-16

(2016-08-16, 03:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-08-15, 09:19)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

Multi-thread is a bit misleading. If this is enabled, and you have two or more Root Movie Folders, then each root movie folder is scanned in its own thread.
But, if there is only one root movie folder, then multi-thread only runs one thread. Or, acts the same as if multi-thread option is unselected.

From your screenshot, the biggest hog to speed is the folder size function. Unless you really, really need this function, disable it on Movie Preferences -> General tab, un-tick Get FolderSize for Movies

Another tip for speed is. Disable any filter you do not use or need.
If a filter is disables, its formula is not run, speeding up Media Companion.

EDIT:
Just noticed on your screenshot, scanning folders 2 of 9.
If you have 2000 movies and only 9 folders, then you have many movies in a folder. If this is right, then please, disable Get FolderSize, and it will give a false indication for each movie in the same folder.

Thanks Rob, that worked like a charm. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-17

(2016-08-15, 04:26)marhutchy Wrote:
(2016-08-15, 00:49)vbat99 Wrote:

Single. Haven't tried with multiple.
Fix in place for next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-17

(2016-08-15, 01:13)Edworld Wrote: I have spent hours in customizing fanarts, posters, AR, etc.

Is there an easy way to make a backup all the files that are in each individual movie/tv show folder? I would like to copy over everything with the exception of the movie or tv show.

Thanks
Apologies for late reply.
Media Companion has not got a backup function, sorry.