Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-24

(2016-09-24, 04:32)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 04:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 02:40)marhutchy Wrote: Thanks for the update Smile

I noticed that I can only save tags for 1 movie, not multiple.

Argh!!! Didn't test multiply movies for tag saving. FIgured the one fix would sort it. OK, will check into it. Sorry.

Um, tested tag saving with multiple movies. Its working for me.

Doesn't work for me.

I Clean Cache Only, renamed tagcache to tagcache.old and Refreshed all movies. Still nothing happened.
When I selected the movies with CTRL key depressed, went over to Tags tab, re-populated, multi-select all the tags, add tags and save, but only one of the movies got tagged. The movie that got tagged is the one that I clicked on last.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-09-26

A couple of small bugs I just noticed:

Audio label doesn't have enough space to display rum (Romanian) and if the aspect ratio is 1.20, 2.20. 2.40 it displays as 1.2, 2.2, 2.4

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-26

(2016-09-26, 05:05)Edworld Wrote: A couple of small bugs I just noticed:

Audio label doesn't have enough space to display rum (Romanian) and if the aspect ratio is 1.20, 2.20. 2.40 it displays as 1.2, 2.2, 2.4

Cheers. Both these issue have a fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-26

(2016-09-24, 15:11)marhutchy Wrote: Doesn't work for me.

I Clean Cache Only, renamed tagcache to tagcache.old and Refreshed all movies. Still nothing happened.
When I selected the movies with CTRL key depressed, went over to Tags tab, re-populated, multi-select all the tags, add tags and save, but only one of the movies got tagged. The movie that got tagged is the one that I clicked on last.

@marhutchy

Still trying to grasp exactly what is happening with the tags section. Is part of the issue when your attempting to re-populate the tags list?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trogggy - 2016-09-26

Maybe I've missed it, but is there any way to scrape / manually add movieset plot/overviews inside MC?
I wasn't even aware that was possible until I read this today.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8013

If I've missed the setting could you call me a chump and point it out - and if not are there any plans to add it? Would be nice to get rid of the 'no info available' text I see when scrolling past a set.

(2016-09-26, 13:59)trogggy Wrote: Maybe I've missed it, but is there any way to scrape / manually add movieset plot/overviews inside MC?

If I've missed the setting could you call me a chump and point it out - and if not are there any plans to add it? Would be nice to get rid of the 'no info available' text I see when scrolling past a set.

Wow, a feature enabled from september 2015 that is missed.

Sorry, currently this is not supported. I will add this to the To Do list as it seems a great option.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trogggy - 2016-09-26

(2016-09-26, 19:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 13:59)trogggy Wrote: Maybe I've missed it, but is there any way to scrape / manually add movieset plot/overviews inside MC?

Wow, a feature enabled from september 2015 that is missed.

Sorry, currently this is not supported. I will add this to the To Do list as it seems a great option.
Great! And thankyou.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-09-28

vbat99,

With the latest version I can not scrape movie sets using batch rescraper or rescrape specific tmdb set info

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-28

(2016-09-26, 09:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 15:11)marhutchy Wrote: Doesn't work for me.

@marhutchy

Still trying to grasp exactly what is happening with the tags section. Is part of the issue when your attempting to re-populate the tags list?

My problem is that I'm not able to save tags for multiple movies.
You confirmed that the problem is on my end because you're able to save tags for multiple movies without an issue.

In the above quote, are my attempts to rectify my issue.

I have no issue re-populating my tags list. It's the saving for multiple movies is my problem.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-28

(2016-09-28, 01:50)marhutchy Wrote: My problem is that I'm not able to save tags for multiple movies.
You confirmed that the problem is on my end because you're able to save tags for multiple movies without an issue.

I have no issue re-populating my tags list. It's the saving for multiple movies is my problem.

I was able to reproduce the problem.
If you multi-select some movies, go to Tags tab, and then click re-populate tags from movies, MC forgets which movies have been selected, so it only saves the last movie selected.
Cute, but annoying.

I will see what I can do to put a fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-09-28

Hi, Rob.

Seems I'm having a bit of a problem when using the IMDB scraper on new movies. Nothing is being scraped. If I rename the movie and folder, IMDB scraper works. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-28

(2016-09-28, 15:48)bobrap Wrote: Hi, Rob.

Seems I'm having a bit of a problem when using the IMDB scraper on new movies. Nothing is being scraped. If I rename the movie and folder, IMDB scraper works. Thanks.

There's a bug in the IMDB scraper where it is looking for the year, and crashes out.
Till I get a new release out your options are
1. Ensure movie filename has the year in brackets
2. Use the XBMC TMDb scraper in Media Companion
3. roll back to an earlier working version of Media Companion.

Apologies for the bug, it was my fault.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-28, 19:55)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-28, 15:48)bobrap Wrote: Hi, Rob.

There's a bug in the IMDB scraper where it is looking for the year, and crashes out.
Till I get a new release out your options are
1. Ensure movie filename has the year in brackets
2. Use the XBMC TMDb scraper in Media Companion
3. roll back to an earlier working version of Media Companion.

Apologies for the bug, it was my fault.

LOL, there's always a work around and lots of options. Just thought I'd let you know what I found. Some days I use IMDB, others TMDB. At the end of the day, I always end up with what I need. You do good work. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-28, 04:49)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-28, 01:50)marhutchy Wrote: My problem is that I'm not able to save tags for multiple movies.

I was able to reproduce the problem.
If you multi-select some movies, go to Tags tab, and then click re-populate tags from movies, MC forgets which movies have been selected, so it only saves the last movie selected.
Cute, but annoying.

I will see what I can do to put a fix in place for the next release.

Finally! I thought I was going crazy Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-10-01

Another thing that I always noticed: it takes forever to scrape/re-scrape files when my VPN is running.
Apart from turning of the VPN, can this be resolved permanently?