Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2016-11-19

(2016-11-19, 16:25)Edworld Wrote: Did you try batch scrape?
Blush thanks, my bad, missed that feature.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-18, 20:39)bobrap Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 20:22)Edworld Wrote:
Quote:MC - Add option to exclude ID appended to actor image filename if saving to Local actor path.

If I have a centralized actors folder, wouldn't this cause an issue if 2 actors have the same name?

I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I not sure I understand the point of dropping the IDHuh Looks prettier?

I user on media companion site was having issues of duplicate actors if they rescraped actors from tmdb and then from IMDb.
I added the option to remove the id number, so the actor image would either be overwritted, or found as present for that user.

Yes, there are rare instances of same name actors, so it can occur with overwriting with the wrong actors image, but this would be very rare.

This is an option, so up to the user to decide to keep the ID suffix or to remove it.

I did not add this to TV series, as currently we only scan from TVDb, and I wouldn't want to replace actor images gotten from TVDB with images from TMDB or IMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-19, 15:11)echo Wrote: Hi, I think there is a new bug.
I am running the latest beta version of Kodi, and did a library export (updating the individual nfo's). Now MC cant read back the ratings and votes... these two fields are now blank. The nfo itself does contain this info (albeit the votes are missing the thousands separator).

Thanks.

-----
edit: the Premiere field is also blank

Are you meaning export library from Kodi?, as individual nfo's? and MC is not reading the Votes, Ratings and Premier date?
Which version of Kodi please.

You other question was answered by Edworld to use the Batch rescrape Wizard.
Also see MC documentation - Batch Rescrape wizard.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-20, 08:51)vbat99 Wrote: Are you meaning export library from Kodi?, as individual nfo's? and MC is not reading the Votes, Ratings and Premier date?
Yes. Version 17.0 beta 6

(2016-11-20, 10:38)echo Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 08:51)vbat99 Wrote: Are you meaning export library from Kodi?, as individual nfo's? and MC is not reading the Votes, Ratings and Premier date?
Yes. Version 17.0 beta 6

Sure you don't mean Beta 5? K17b5 is the current beta in the download section.
And yes, these builds may have issues in exporting till they get to release candidates.

Will have a look.

OK, I see the export from Kodi has changed. Specifically for Rating and Votes.

But, premier field has not changed, and is still showing the correct date in Media Companion.

Will work on a Fix for reading Kodi created nfo's.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2016-11-21

Thanks mate, yeah it is beta 6 but I downloaded a nightly a week ago I believe. Thanks for the fixes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-02

New Release.

Media Companion 3.668b

One new feature, and fixed a very old but recently found bug.
Also, fixed mediainfo.dll file, allowing XP users to run latest Media Companion builds again.

Media Companion was suppose to pad the runtime to 3 digits, ie: 5 Minutes, would be stored as 005.
This is now optional, and off by default.

There has also been a fair bit of code refactoring, to reduce Media Companions memory usage, as well as remove duplicate code.
Minor testing on my part does show a bit quicker response in Media Companion operations.

New:
  • MC - Add option to pad runtime to 3 digits.
  • Update mediainfo.dll to 0.7.91. Fixed for Xp through to Windows 10.
  • Update ffmpeg.exe to latest version.

Fixed:
  • Movie - correct loading of Kodi 17 created nfo's from Library Export.
  • mc_com - fix not updating Kodi scraper settings on load of profiles.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.668b x86 & MC 3.668b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - niih - 2016-12-03

Hi,

I just downloaded the release, and I get the following error when trying to scrape new movies :

A total of 2 new movies found -> Starting Main Scraper Process...

Scraping Title: Ice Age Collision Course
Movie Body Scraped OK
Error - Running action [Updating movie set cache] threw [Method not found: 'System.String WatTmdb.V3.TmdbCollection.get_overview()'.]

Scraping Title: Jason Bourne
Movie Body Scraped OK
Error - Running action [Updating movie set cache] threw [Method not found: 'System.String WatTmdb.V3.TmdbCollection.get_overview()'.]

Finished

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-03

(2016-12-03, 18:47)niih Wrote: Hi,

I just downloaded the release, and I get the following error when trying to scrape new movies :

Movie Body Scraped OK

Movie Body Scraped OK

Finished

Tested both MC 3.668b x86 and x64 version.
No error on getting Collection details.

Maybe start with a Fresh clean version of Media Companion.
I would suggest extract to a new folder. In this folder create a Settings folder, and copy just your config.xml from your earlier Media Companion to this new build.
Do a refresh on Movies, and then try and scrape Ice Age Collision Course and Jason Bourne again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-13

I have actors thumbs set to be downloaded. For movies and tv shows it works like it should, the nfos have links to the local folder, but for episodes they point to IMDB (amazon) no matter what option I have: IMBD for both tv show and episode, TVDB only, IMDB +TVDB

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-13

(2016-12-13, 18:31)adun79 Wrote: I have actors thumbs set to be downloaded. For movies and tv shows it works like it should, the nfos have links to the local folder, but for episodes they point to IMDB (amazon) no matter what option I have: IMBD for both tv show and episode, TVDB only, IMDB +TVDB

Apologies for this issue. I will look into it and get it resolved before the next release.

Can you advise any specific TV Series titles.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - niih - 2016-12-13

(2016-12-03, 21:10)vbat99 Wrote:

Movie Body Scraped OK

Movie Body Scraped OK

Finished

I would suggest extract to a new folder. In this folder create a Settings folder, and copy just your config.xml from your earlier Media Companion to this new build.
Do a refresh on Movies, and then try and scrape Ice Age Collision Course and Jason Bourne again.

Strange, when I extract to a completely new folder, everything works. Yet when I overwrite the contents of my exiting folder with the contents of the new folder where everything works, I get this error again.

This is the first time something like this has happened, as I usually just copy the extracted updates to my existing folder and it just works.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-12-14

(2016-12-13, 21:51)niih Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 21:10)vbat99 Wrote:

Movie Body Scraped OK

Movie Body Scraped OK

Finished

Strange, when I extract to a completely new folder, everything works. Yet when I overwrite the contents of my exiting folder with the contents of the new folder where everything works, I get this error again.

This is the first time something like this has happened, as I usually just copy the extracted updates to my existing folder and it just works.
It may be something in your config.xml that is causing this.

Can you upload somewhere and PM me a link to it. Alternatively, to go Media Companion site, and create an issue, and attach your config.xml file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2016-12-14

(2016-12-13, 19:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 18:31)adun79 Wrote: I have actors thumbs set to be downloaded. For movies and tv shows it works like it should, the nfos have links to the local folder, but for episodes they point to IMDB (amazon) no matter what option I have: IMBD for both tv show and episode, TVDB only, IMDB +TVDB

Apologies for this issue. I will look into it and get it resolved before the next release.

Can you advise any specific TV Series titles.

Arrow, Black Sails, Conviction, The Americans, I don't think it matters.

Before I was using 3.662 and had tv show actors from IMDB and episode actors from TVDB, but I didn't like it because there were no thumbs for guest stars, I tried both actors from IMDB for one series and I think it worked because I remember seeing some new thumbs in the folder, I upgraded to 3.668 and tried for all series, but it happened what I said and now even with 3.662 it's the same. I'm on Windows 7