Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-15

(2017-02-15, 08:41)Tom00000 Wrote: Ok, I will make a test for small file set to check what MC will do with .nfo files in second scan after database change from imvdb to dbmusic ... I will write my own script to check if .nfo's file name is similar to the the name of artist and title inside the .nfo and if is not I will delete wrong .nfo .
I thought about extension problem and imagined ; my all files to delete are only links and this is solution. I am sorry for defining not needed question.

May be Media Companion is still in its infancy , but it works very stable and good from my point of view (I will not use it with others media sources). Very good work.

Thanks. Feedback and idea's is how we can best improve MC's Music Video functionality.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Tom00000 - 2017-02-15

I tested. The result is was not imagined earlier and is the fourth way. If I change the database and make the scan , MC does nothing because it has all nfo files created during scanning with previous database.

We have 2 problems .

1. The situation: <plot>This Music Video could not be identified.</plot>
No info from first database blocks possibility to check if the second database has any info about the material. It is the logical bug in MC.
The scan should be always possible for this files (maybe optional) in every database for check is data is updated.

2. IMVDB's database returned false data .
No chance to fix wrong stored data in the .nfo files .

Edit.
I tested. The result was not imagined earlier and is the fourth way. If I change the database and make the scan , MC does nothing because it has all nfo files created during scanning with previous database.

We have 2 problems .

1. The situation: <plot>This Music Video could not be identified.</plot>
No info from first database blocks possibility to check if the second database has any info about the material. It is the logical bug in MC.
The scan should be always possible for this files (maybe optional) in every database for check if data is updated.

2. IMVDB's database returned false data .
No chance to fix wrong stored data in the .nfo files .

I compared nfo from IMVDB and from the audiodb. I see the same errors . It looks like MC does not use data from the audiodb , where it is correct - I am able to compare the same data from Kodi's scraper.
Example.

Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart.mp4 the audiodb is not able to find because of lack of "-" char in the name. The IMVDB does not have problem with it. I have nfo :
<title>Un-Break My Heart</title>
<year>1996</year>
<artist>Toni Braxton</artist>
after scan theaudiodb and this is not possible. MC's error ?

Samples of errors :
Paradox Sequenz - Global.nfo
<title>Global Warming</title>
<year>2016</year>
<artist>John Grant</artist>

Pappa Razzi - Dance With Me.nfo
<title>Dance With Me</title>
<year>2008</year>
<artist>Lexington Bridge</artist>

Parkay - Grindin.nfo
<title>Grindin</title>
<year>2016</year>
<artist>DJ6Pac</artist>

The errors of MC for sure. Each nfo file created by MC for each database has :
<genre>
</genre>

As I have seen in Kodi , the both databases have this information , because Kodi uses it after own scraping. MC ignores this information and does not write to nfo files.

The others :
<track>
</track>
<studio>
</studio>
I am not sure if exist in databases or not.

As last I tested wikipedia as database and results :

Pappa Razzi - Dance With Me.nfo
<title>Paparazzi</title>
<year>2009</year>
<artist>Lady Gaga</artist>

It looks , I have to make 3 full scans for each database and try to merge the results. First I will wait for MC which will save <genre> information to .nfo file, because it is the data I need the most.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-16

To seems what you are after is a Rescrape specific option, from a specific source.

Once a nfo is created, further searches are only looking for new music video files without a matching nfo file.

Rescrape specific fields has not been added yet to Music Video, but I will add this to the road map for Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-17

New Release.

Media Companion 3.672b
Mainly bug fixes and imporvements.

Fixed:
  • mc_com.exe - Honor option Download Episode Thumbnail.
  • Movie - Add option to exclude scraping with found Year value.
  • Movie - Fix finding of movie year if four digits in root folder path, ie 1080p.
  • Movie - If Rescrape year, then clear the year before rescrape.
  • Movie - Make movie search by Omdbapi to get IMDb Id the last resort.
  • TV - fix boolean logic return from epGetImdbRatingOmdbapi.
  • MusicVideo - Improve search if year present.
  • MusicVideo - Remove stupid MessageBox if error.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.672b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2017-02-18

Rob,

Thank you for the new release. I didn't see the ability to specify your own omdbapi URL, will you be adding this in a future release? Also, the retrieval of info from IMDb continues to be painfully slow (up to 1 minute per movie!), and I noticed that not all movies are scraped correctly, even those with the title and year being exactly what IMDb has. In those instances, MC scrapes it as a random, existing movie from my collection.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-18

(2017-02-18, 01:46)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

Thank you for the new release. I didn't see the ability to specify your own omdbapi URL, will you be adding this in a future release? Also, the retrieval of info from IMDb continues to be painfully slow (up to 1 minute per movie!), and I noticed that not all movies are scraped correctly, even those with the title and year being exactly what IMDb has. In those instances, MC scrapes it as a random, existing movie from my collection.

Regards,

Bart

Yeah, I am seriously considering disabling the IMDb scraper, just like XBMC/Kodi did as it is more hassle than it is worth.
But I know a lot of users still use this over TMDb, even when we have added the functions to scrape specific data from IMDb.

The addition of user's OMDBapi url will be in the next release. This release was needed to attempt to resolve getting of IMDb Ratings and Votes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-21

vbat99,

sorry if this is a false alarm.

TVShows if I select use xbmc thetvdb scraper it will not scrape any tvshows, doesn't like my folder structure. this is with the latest version. I will try prior versions and see if it works

edit 1:
The message I am getting is: Please adjust the tv show title and try again

edit 2:
using 3.662 and is scraping, need to check episode level nfo

edt 3:
scraped one show, and then it stopped scraping. Lost here, not sure what I am doing wrong

edit 4:
if i scrape using xbmc tvdb, i don't get cast at the episode level,

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-21

(2017-02-21, 02:49)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

sorry if this is a false alarm.

TVShows if I select use xbmc thetvdb scraper it will not scrape any tvshows, doesn't like my folder structure. this is with the latest version. I will try prior versions and see if it works

edit 1:
The message I am getting is: Please adjust the tv show title and try again

edit 2:
using 3.662 and is scraping, need to check episode level nfo

edt 3:
scraped one show, and then it stopped scraping. Lost here, not sure what I am doing wrong

edit 4:
if i scrape using xbmc tvdb, i don't get cast at the episode level,

I do not recommend the XBMC TVDb scraper, as MC's built in scraper is superior.

But, I will investigate what is going on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-21

vbat99:

Using MC built in scraper, I am getting the following error:

Called with: [stage: 22b5a13]

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Form1.epGetImdbRatingOmdbapi(TvEpisode& ep)
at Media_Companion.Form1.GetEpRating(TvEpisode& tvep, String Rating, String Votes)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-21

(2017-02-21, 05:00)Edworld Wrote: vbat99:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Form1.GetEpRating(TvEpisode& tvep, String Rating, String Votes)

A Fix for this is in place for the next release. PM sent

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-21, 10:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 05:00)Edworld Wrote: vbat99:

A Fix for this is in place for the next release. PM sent

Testing right now, I will let you know

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-22

Vbat99,

Been running for 20+ minutes with no issues.

Is there an option in the settings for episodes NFO's to list the actors with pictures first (url link), and then the rest?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-22, 00:59)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

Is there an option in the settings for episodes NFO's to list the actors with pictures first (url link), and then the rest?

Good news, finally.

Sorry, no option like that, and knowing this section of code, difficult to implement. Sorry, not something I think will be added to MC.

(2017-02-22, 02:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 00:59)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

Good news, finally.

Sorry, no option like that, and knowing this section of code, difficult to implement. Sorry, not something I think will be added to MC.

No issues to report!!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-23

vbat99,

The only issue I have noticed, is that some tvlogos did not get scanned.

I don't remember if the tv show section had a "watched" button