Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 01:36)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

The only issue I have noticed, is that some tvlogos did not get scanned.

I don't remember if the tv show section had a "watched" button

Do you mean some TV series logo's from Fanart.Tv?
If so, do you mean they are not being downloaded automatically?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 02:11)vbat99 Wrote:

Of the 25 shows I have, about 5 didn't download tvlogo.

Not sure if you saw my question about the watched button

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 02:13)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 02:11)vbat99 Wrote:

Of the 25 shows I have, about 5 didn't download tvlogo.

Not sure if you saw my question about the watched button

Did you check those shows via the Fanart.tv tab if there is a Logo for them?

No I didn't see the Watched button question. Yes there is a watched button, for episodes.
There is no watched button if you are viewing the series info.
But, there is a mark as Watched, mark as Unwatched option on the context menu. This is available over the whole series, by a Season, or per episode.

Watched status is marked in the Treeview with a green tick against the episode.
Also against the season if all episodes in that season are marked as watched.
And also against the Series if all seasons are marked as watched.

I see currently it refreshes the episode immediately on the Treeview, but only the season or series when a refresh is done.
Will have a look at that and see if I can get it to behave correctly.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-23

vbat99,

I scraped each tv show that were missing art using context menu - find missing art for this show and now I have art for all 5 shows that were missing it.

For some reason I thought I could click on "watched" for the entire tvshow, I ended up using context menu for this too.

Every thing is working fine in tvshow section

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-24

New Release.

Media Companion 3.673b
One new feature for Patrons of OMDbapi, and more bug fixes.
Hopefully this sees the end of the OMDBPI errors.

New:
  • MC - Addition of custom omdbapi url entry, for Patrons of Omdbapi, in General Preferences.
Fixed:
  • TV - Correct logic for getting data from IMDB.
  • TV - Catch and handle response if OMDBAPI returns Series/Season not found.
  • TV - add Batch Rescrape episode IMDB Id's.
  • TV - Fix loading multi-episode nfo's.
  • TV - Set Watched/Unwatched correctly updates Treeview.
  • mc_com - fix episodes not saving episode IMDB Id.
  • Movie - fix IMDB Id from OMDBAPI.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.673b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-02-25

vbat99,

Possible tagline issue, With the movie The General - 1926 it scrapes: Buster drives \ instead of: Buster drives "The General" to trainload of laughter. (Trade paper ad).

May not like quotation marks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-26

(2017-02-25, 16:10)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Possible tagline issue, With the movie The General - 1926 it scrapes: Buster drives \ instead of: Buster drives "The General" to trainload of laughter. (Trade paper ad).

May not like quotation marks

It may be a location issue, but I get Buster drives "The General" to trainload of laughter. displayed in Media Companion.

A Quick request - a51alias - 2017-03-01

Is it possible to add a couple of options, either by switch or by default to the command line version:

1. Automatically remove TV Shows from the roots list if not found in the source folders (in the case of deleting or moving them)

2. Automatically add new TV Shows to the Roots List and scrape them if a new show folder is added. (and then subsequently scrape any episodes if found)

I know a long shot but I run the command line version via Scheduled task and occasionally have to go in an detect new roots / refresh to get new shows added and removed.

Many thanks for a fine program BTW

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-03-01

(2017-03-01, 03:52)a51alias Wrote: Is it possible to add a couple of options, either by switch or by default to the command line version:

1. Automatically remove TV Shows from the roots list if not found in the source folders (in the case of deleting or moving them)

2. Automatically add new TV Shows to the Roots List and scrape them if a new show folder is added. (and then subsequently scrape any episodes if found)

I know a long shot but I run the command line version via Scheduled task and occasionally have to go in an detect new roots / refresh to get new shows added and removed.

Many thanks for a fine program BTW

No.1 is already possible by two ways.
a. TV Folders tab, click button says Check list for removed folders - this really needs a progress indicator.
b. TV Refresh All - will list any series that their folder no longer exists and ask if you want them removed.
If a series folder is removed and a search for new episodes is done, the removed series if skipped. Also the case for mc_com.exe.
It is really up to the user to do their house-keeping for these sorts of things, and I would have to have Media Companion (or mc_com) liable for removing a series that was shifted.

No.2 isn't going to happen, for the following reasons.
Scraping a new series can return the incorrect series.
eg: The Flash, there are Three series called The Flash, and if the incorrect series was scraped, I bet the user would want to know about it and get it corrected before scraping their episodes incorrectly.
Don't get me started with Doctor Who series.

Then there is the issue if a series is not found, or the series folder has a Typo.
Users need to verify the series is correct, then they can scrape their episodes.

It doesn't take long to add a new series. I use the Drag'n'Drop feature of MC. Just drag the folder from Explorer and drop over the list of series on TV Browser tab. The series will be automatically scraped. Check all is good, then r-click the series and select Search this show for new episodes

After that your scheduled task can take care of new episodes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-03-02

vbat99,

Not sure if you would know the answer to this question. I have about 80 movies that are science fiction, with the exception of 3 of them, they all show under sci-fi in Kodi. The other 3 show under science fiction in kodi, all 3 of them are atmos movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-03-02

(2017-03-02, 04:44)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Not sure if you would know the answer to this question. I have about 80 movies that are science fiction, with the exception of 3 of them, they all show under sci-fi in Kodi. The other 3 show under science fiction in kodi, all 3 of them are atmos movies.

Very probably whoever loaded these on IMDB or TMDB decided to use Science Fiction, instead of Sci-Fi for the genre.
In MC, you can right-click the Genre for the movie to bring up a list of genre's, un-select Science-Fiction, and select Sci-Fi.
Save and repeat for other 2 movies.

In Kodi, Open Info and select to refresh. do this for each movie you change the Genre for.
They should all now be Sci-fi.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - BesterH - 2017-03-02

This is also the same with film noir. If you have a lot of these you can sort by genre and and do a batch recrape of the genre.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-03-03

(2017-03-02, 05:51)vbat99 Wrote:

Very probably whoever loaded these on IMDB or TMDB decided to use Science Fiction, instead of Sci-Fi for the genre.
In MC, you can right-click the Genre for the movie to bring up a list of genre's, un-select Science-Fiction, and select Sci-Fi.

In Kodi, Open Info and select to refresh. do this for each movie you change the Genre for.

Cheers

In MC, all 88 movies are Science Fiction

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-03-03

(2017-03-03, 01:46)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 05:51)vbat99 Wrote:

Cheers

In MC, all 88 movies are Science Fiction

That would be a question for Kodi. I suspect as there is no actual clean done of the database file, that residue data is causing an issue. But that is a guess, and probably a long shot.
I don't believe they are translating from Science Fiction to Sci-fi, but you never know..

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - denywinarto - 2017-03-05

Hi.. got a question ..

I'm still unclear whether this can manipulate kodi database directly?
I need a tool that can manipulate kodi database directly, updating via kodi /JSON has 2 issues for me :

- Kodi needs to be open on server, my diskless setup does not allow this, long story short opening kodi will lock the database and diskless client wont be able to access it..
- I frequently get "unable to connect to server" due to thetvdb's unreliable uptime... (is there no known way to "auto-yes" the message?)

For now i'm using a dirty workaroung by symlink the userdata and syncronizing it using syncovery.. but it still locks up if a client boots then the server updates kodi..