Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-04

(2017-09-03, 12:08)Levi59 Wrote: Hi!
Not sure since when it's bugged but i have clicked by error on the "Table" tab in the movie part and i have got this error several time before i could quit the tab.

Unable to reproduce, but have you done a Refresh All on your movies. Then close Media Companion, and restart it.
I suspect something to do with MovieSets, but at this time, unable to reproduce myself.
If the above does not fix it, can you zip up the moviecache.xml file, upload somewhere and PM me a link.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-04

(2017-09-04, 09:41)KidKiwi Wrote: Hi vbat99,

I've finally moved to a new computer (and OS Win 10Pro) and have installed 3.6.77 (64x) MC. I have set it up from scratch.

I am still experiencing the same problem in regard to the runtime of the movie that we discussed some pages back.

The checkbox "Save Runtime as DurationInSeconds" is ticked, but when the nfo is saved I only get a 1sec duration in the nfo. The runtime does save it would appear, but when this is loaded into KodiTV, the runtime is always "0" - even though the runtime is listed in the nfo. Duration remains at 1sec and seesm to be the field KodiTV looks at.

Checking the "save media as runtine" box makes no difference as far as the duration in seconds go (as expected)

The last version that worked correctly for me was 3.6.55. It appears that the runtime is being scraped from the file (regardless of if "Display runtime from Scraper" is selected). I tried a real file (see below) and durationinseconds was entered corectly.

I rename .txt files to iso (fake video files) and do all my scraping / setup / nfo creation outside of my server environment (always have because its off a lot of the time). Then I copy all the resultant files from MC to my server, then write the real video file out to it.

Hope you can shed some light on this. Thanks for your efforts on this project.

this is the clue, and possibly easy way for me to reproduce.
Code:
I rename .txt files to iso (fake video files) and do all my scraping / setup / nfo creation outside of my server environment (always have because its off a lot of the time). Then I copy all the resultant files from MC to my server, then write the real video file out to it.

I'll have a look in the morning, but if I'm right, should have this fixed for the next release....end of the week.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - KidKiwi - 2017-09-04

(2017-09-04, 11:33)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-09-04, 09:41)KidKiwi Wrote: Hi vbat99,

I've finally moved to a new computer (and OS Win 10Pro) and have installed 3.6.77 (64x) MC. I have set it up from scratch.

I am still experiencing the same problem in regard to the runtime of the movie that we discussed some pages back.

The checkbox "Save Runtime as DurationInSeconds" is ticked, but when the nfo is saved I only get a 1sec duration in the nfo. The runtime does save it would appear, but when this is loaded into KodiTV, the runtime is always "0" - even though the runtime is listed in the nfo. Duration remains at 1sec and seesm to be the field KodiTV looks at.

Checking the "save media as runtine" box makes no difference as far as the duration in seconds go (as expected)

The last version that worked correctly for me was 3.6.55. It appears that the runtime is being scraped from the file (regardless of if "Display runtime from Scraper" is selected). I tried a real file (see below) and durationinseconds was entered corectly.

Hope you can shed some light on this. Thanks for your efforts on this project.

this is the clue, and possibly easy way for me to reproduce.
Code:

I'll have a look in the morning, but if I'm right, should have this fixed for the next release....end of the week.

Fantastic! I figure I'm one of the few that does it this way - easy to overlook a bug with a zero time file as most probably work with a real video file. Always appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-05

(2017-09-04, 21:44)KidKiwi Wrote: Fantastic! I figure I'm one of the few that does it this way - easy to overlook a bug with a zero time file as most probably work with a real video file. Always appreciated. Thanks.

You'd probably find that MC 3.667b was the last correctly working version with Save runtime as duration in seconds.
Seems when I refactored the code, I wiped this option out.

Fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - KidKiwi - 2017-09-06

Hello again,

I have a new issue...

3.6.77 also doesn't show the images from fanart.tv (you can see the bounding box for them and the radio button, but not the images themselves) - so you can't choose which one to download. I went back to my old machine using 3.6.55 and it is also doing it - and a fresh install of 3.6.55 on my new machine makes no difference. Very odd.

Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-06

(2017-09-06, 00:31)KidKiwi Wrote: Hello again,

I have a new issue...

3.6.77 also doesn't show the images from fanart.tv (you can see the bounding box for them and the radio button, but not the images themselves) - so you can't choose which one to download. I went back to my old machine using 3.6.55 and it is also doing it - and a fresh install of 3.6.55 on my new machine makes no difference. Very odd.

Thanks again.

That issue is a Change at Fanart.TV. Fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - KidKiwi - 2017-09-06

(2017-09-06, 02:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 00:31)KidKiwi Wrote: Hello again,

I have a new issue...

Thanks again.

That issue is a Change at Fanart.TV. Fix in place for the next release.

Doh! I should have known! Smile Looking forward to a fix

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-08

New Release.

Media Companion 3.678b

September is the final month of Codeplex access, before this site is changed to Read-Only - see Codeplex is shutting down
When we shift, there will be notification here to redirect you to the new site.
Those interested, can look at: https://mediacompanion.sourceforge.io/index.html
Main SourceForge page is at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacompanion/

Apologies for this long overdue release of of Media Companion.
I have been busy with real-life, as well as working on the new TVDB Api V2 code - Not yet ready for general consumption. Below is the latest changes to Media Companion. Enjoy!

New:
  • MC - Add MC Fanart.Tv API key
  • TV - Addition of <uniqueid type=> loading and saving. Addition of new <ratings> field from Kodi.

Fixed:
  • MC - Fix downloading images from Fanart.TV
  • Movie - Ignore empty Tag entry in movie nfo.
  • Movie - Save user entered tags.
  • Movie - Fix MPAA certificate from IMDb
  • Movie - Fix save Runtime as DurationInSeconds.
  • TV - Disable ep ratings from Omdbapi till API key, or site becomes free again.
  • TV - Fix Episode renaming if multiple spaces at end of title returned from TVDb

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.678b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-09-10

Vbat99,

What is the benefit on MC of entering our own TMDB key?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-10

A couple of users requested if they could apply their own key, so added this option.
Otherwise media companion user it's own TMDB key.

Sent from my GT-I9100

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - KidKiwi - 2017-09-10

Hey my fine fellow kiwi,

I am pleased to report the latest release resolves my "duration" issue and the fanart.tv issue.

Thank you very muchly. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-09-10

vbat99,

TVshows NFO's list the actor with no picture first. Is there a setting to:

Not include actors without a photo in the NFO or list no photo actors' at the end of the NFO?

TIA

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-11

(2017-09-10, 23:52)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

TVshows NFO's list the actor with no picture first. Is there a setting to:

Not include actors without a photo in the NFO or list no photo actors' at the end of the NFO?

TIA

There is an option to exclude actors without a thumbnail.
General Preferences -> Actor(s) tab.
Exclude Actors without Thumbnail

There is no option to move these actors tot he end of the nfo.
This is because the actors are sorted by Order Of from TVDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-11

(2017-09-10, 23:29)KidKiwi Wrote: Hey my fine fellow kiwi,

I am pleased to report the latest release resolves my "duration" issue and the fanart.tv issue.

Thank you very muchly. Smile

Thank you for the confirmation, I am sorry it took so long to get this back to working again.
Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-09-12

vbat99,

Still some issues with rating:
Primal Fear downloaded MA instead of R
Paper Moon NRC instead of PG

R and PG are taken from IMDB tab

Thanks