Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-24

(2017-09-24, 02:53)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Having an issue with tvshows-delete NFO's and artwork, can't get any of the 3 options to work

Sorry if it is user error.

Crap, your right. And one other error I've spotted.
I'll get a new build done in the next couple of days.....

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-09-24

vbat99,

If I click on any given show, it locks it

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-24

(2017-09-24, 17:55)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

If I click on any given show, it locks it

Fixed the delete tv issue, but as for the locking of a series if clicking on them, I can't reproduce this...but I did make some code changes in this region also.
Will investigate.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - kuddel - 2017-09-27

Hey there,

any news on the sort title filled with original title thing?

(2017-07-18, 13:05)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-07-18, 10:44)kuddel Wrote: Hey there,

thank you for the reply - yes, I kinda was looking for an offline functionality, especially for an external drive.
I'll investigate, as I have a few ideas, but won't promise anything...
Quote:But another wish, would it be possible to add the option to display the original movie name in the main browser? Maybe below the sort title?

Another nice thing would be an option, to automatically fill the sort tilte with the original name, independent of the language used.

THX in advance

Kuddel

Both those options should be possible, will check how best to set this up.

Wink

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - kuddel - 2017-09-27

Oh, and I found something, that might not be intended...

If you change anything in a scraped movie and save it again the "votes" get sort of screwed:
The tag showed 55.629 before saving - standard with dot - after saving it displays 56, value got rounded up. Happens all the time (nfo shows the right value but with dot)

Maybe I just screwed up my preferences?

Kuddel

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-27

(2017-09-27, 19:46)kuddel Wrote: Hey there,

any news on the sort title filled with original title thing?

(2017-07-18, 13:05)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-07-18, 10:44)kuddel Wrote: Hey there,

thank you for the reply - yes, I kinda was looking for an offline functionality, especially for an external drive.
I'll investigate, as I have a few ideas, but won't promise anything...
Quote:But another wish, would it be possible to add the option to display the original movie name in the main browser? Maybe below the sort title?

Another nice thing would be an option, to automatically fill the sort tilte with the original name, independent of the language used.

THX in advance

Kuddel

Both those options should be possible, will check how best to set this up.

Wink

Apologies for not getting back to you on this request.
I have had a look at the layout, and with Media Companion at minimum size, there is not sufficient space in the layout to allow a Original Title box.
Also, if you hover the mouse over the movie title (left of Sort Title), you get a tooltip window showing the 'Original Title'.

Looking at the options in Media Companion, your choices are Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab, enable IMDb - Where available scrape 'Original Title' instead of title and also at Movie Preferences -> General Tab, Disable Exclude adding Alternative Titles to nfo

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-27

(2017-09-27, 19:53)kuddel Wrote: Oh, and I found something, that might not be intended...

If you change anything in a scraped movie and save it again the "votes" get sort of screwed:
The tag showed 55.629 before saving - standard with dot - after saving it displays 56, value got rounded up. Happens all the time (nfo shows the right value but with dot)

Maybe I just screwed up my preferences?

Kuddel

Looks like for cultural preference is to use a Decimal point as the thousands deliminator? As 55.629 is 55 thousand six hundred and twenty nine.
MC isn't taking notice of this, and thinks its fifty five and point 629, so is rounding this to a whole number of 56.
I wonder where this is happening......have to hunt for this somehow...

funny thing is, the number is always shown with decimal point (starting from the initial scrape), only if I save again, it is rounding up - even if I change nothing and just save again.

OK where in the world are you

Sent from my SM-G900I

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-09-28

Nevermind. Found and fixed the votes issue. Will be available in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-10-06

New Release.

Media Companion 3.681b

MC updated to using TVDB V2 Api.
As with all code changes, there are teething problems. Thanks to those who posted up info on the new bugs. I hope this release has most of them nailed down. Biggest change here, is mc_com.exe has been adapted to use the new TVDB scraping routines. This has trimmed mc_com.exe down in size, but has all the bells and whistles.

For the curious, there were two reasons for the changing of TVDb routines. 1. TVDB API V2 was about to roll out, so MC needed to be upgraded. 2. With the new routines, I can easily add TMDB series and episode scraping so once the dust settles with the new routines, TMDB TV scraping will be next on the list.

New:
  • mc_com - now working with central episode scraping routines.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix posters from IMPA.
  • Movie - Fix posters from IMDb.
  • Movie - Fix retrieve extra plots from IMDb.
  • mc_com - Fix getting media stream details for Episodes.
  • TV - Improve Log reporting.
  • TV - Fix Log display even with option disabled.
  • TV - Fix Multi-Episode scraping.
  • TV - Fix autodownload of missing season poster & season banner when scraping first episode of new season.
  • TV - log changes.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.681b x86 &  x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-10-11

New Release.

Media Companion 3.682b

MC updated to using TVDB V2 Api.
Minor bug Fixes, including fix when calling of mc_com.exe from script.

Biggest change here, is mc_com.exe has been adapted to use the new TVDB scraping routines. This has trimmed mc_com.exe down in size, but has all the bells and whistles.

For the curious, there were two reasons for the changing of TVDb routines. 1. TVDB API V2 was about to roll out, so MC needed to be upgraded. 2. With the new routines, I can easily add TMDB series and episode scraping so once the dust settles with the new routines, TMDB TV scraping will be next on the list.

New:

Fixed:
  • MC - Fix command-line scraping not exiting Media Companion.exe.
  • mc_com - fix if called from script, ignore key input.
  • TV - Complete TVCacheRefresh move to common routine section.
  • TV - Tidy-up display of messages to lower bar, not pop-up window.
  • TV - Fix scraping of series by selected language.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site

Download Link for MC 3.681b x86 &  x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-10-13

New Release.
Media Companion 3.683b
Minor bug Fixes.
New:

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix Series scrape and TV Show Select failed with year in folder name.
  • TV - Fix TV Show Selector not scraping in selected language.
  • TV - Add Series and Episode(s) to Treeview after scrape/rescrape.

Download Link for MC 3.683b x86 &  x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-10-15

trying to add a tv show and getting this error

Initializing TVDb...Searching for series: Planet Earth II
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.]

using MC 3.683B

thanks

i just load version 3.6.7.8 and it did rescrap the show fine

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-10-15

(2017-10-15, 19:47)mata7 Wrote: trying to add a tv show and getting this error

Initializing TVDb...Searching for series: Planet Earth II
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.]

using MC 3.683B

thanks

i just load version 3.6.7.8 and it did rescrap the show fine

OMG, I left out a crucial step when cleaning the series title of the year...If no year, set the damn title as the found title.
Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Will fix and get a new release out ASAP.