Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-22

Quick test on Pre-Frodo, all working.

Frodo and onwards, episode saved as jpg, but not with -thumb.jpg, so not appearing in MC.

More testing to do.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 23:26)vbat99 Wrote: Quick test on Pre-Frodo, all working.

Frodo and onwards, episode saved as jpg, but not with -thumb.jpg, so not appearing in MC.

More testing to do.

oops Smile i must have pressed undo to many times,

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-22

Found another glitch, funny actually.
Added new folder to test group, "Glee"
Set MC to Frodo

Clicked "search Root for new shows"

Watched the Glee folder, and had to stop MC when it has saved "season490-banner.jpg"

it missed a few seasons, but when I stopped MC, I had first four seasons as poster and banner, then another 75 with just seasonxx-banner.jpg which was a copy of season 3's banner. Also, Season04-banner and Season04 poster was just the poster for season 4.
Set as Pre-Frodo, and added again, it got the seasonxx.tbn correct.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 23:37)vbat99 Wrote: Found another glitch, funny actually.
Added new folder to test group, "Glee"
Set MC to Frodo

Clicked "search Root for new shows"

Watched the Glee folder, and had to stop MC when it has saved "season490-banner.jpg"

it missed a few seasons, but when I stopped MC, I had first four seasons as poster and banner, then another 75 with just seasonxx-banner.jpg which was a copy of season 3's banner. Also, Season04-banner and Season04 poster was just the poster for season 4.
Set as Pre-Frodo, and added again, it got the seasonxx.tbn correct.

yeah i had this but i thought it was just because american dad is a weird show for scraping... different sites have different episode layouts, tried it with doctor who which was the only other show i had quick access to and it worked fine.... it wasn't doing this in the previous build was it?

http://puu.sh/1QRRZ < old build.

Nope, this may be because there isn't a banner for season 4 of glee

Just a thought?

(2013-01-22, 23:41)vbat99 Wrote: Nope, this may be because there isn't a banner for season 4 of glee

Just a thought?

hmm good answer Smile will investigate

also ignore the extra messagebox's that may appear, it was used for me to work out what functions was what action Smile

Also am getting a double window appear then selecting save or check root.
first window says tv_showscrape, click OK, then MC window "changes saved" OK.

Can we get rid of tv_showscrape window?

(2013-01-22, 23:45)vbat99 Wrote: Also am getting a double window appear then selecting save or check root.
first window says tv_showscrape, click OK, then MC window "changes saved" OK.

Can we get rid of tv_showscrape window?

read up Smile
also you right, if the season banner /poster is not found it goes on to 1000 Big Grin

Doh, should read all of post. LOL

OK, just tested new show, "Hart of Dixie" There are no banners for season 1 or 2, but on Frodo onwards, MC saving poster and banner the same image (poster), but Season 2 only had poster.

Hope this might point in right direction.

(2013-01-22, 23:48)vbat99 Wrote: Doh, should read all of post. LOL

OK, just tested new show, "Hart of Dixie" There are no banners for season 1 or 2, but on Frodo onwards, MC saving poster and banner the same image (poster), but Season 2 only had poster.

Hope this might point in right direction.

yeah think i found it although still find this code really confusing, it seems to have nearly all of it duplicated but with different ways of doing the same thing :S, working on it

Hey, no worries.

It was discussed with Huey a while ago, to modularize the code, so one routine could be called from numerous locations. Making it way easier to edit/adjust. But the original dev, Billy, had created the program himself and was learning it as he went.

One thing in testing, If search for new episodes, episode image is saved as jpg. But if use Batch rescrape wizzard, then saved as -thumb.jpg.

try this no idea if it works or not Smile http://puu.sh/1Rfd1
(2013-01-22, 23:56)vbat99 Wrote: Hey, no worries.

It was discussed with Huey a while ago, to modularize the code, so one routine could be called from numerous locations. Making it way easier to edit/adjust. But the original dev, Billy, had created the program himself and was learning it as he went.

One thing in testing, If search for new episodes, episode image is saved as jpg. But if use Batch rescrape wizzard, then saved as -thumb.jpg.

um yeah can't seem to work out where that code is Sad did a search for ".jpg" and went through each result but still not sure where it came from :'(

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

Tried latest and get a crash
Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

Hey, don't rush it, only giving feedback.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 00:01)vbat99 Wrote: Tried latest and get a crash
Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

Hey, don't rush it, only giving feedback.

nah it was all part of my test Tongue i wanted to see if you was getting the same error as me or if it was just my setup.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

ok, two more for your notes: (back to earlier download)

Tv Batch rescrape, (not episode, but top TV Show), selecting "search for and download" artwork or fanart, does not scrape frodo artwork.

R-click show and select "Find missing art for show" will save season01-poster and 02-poster, and not -banner. this is for shows that don't have any banners.

Ok, that might be confusing. Hart of Dixie has only main poster and banner on thetvdb site, no banners for season 1 or 2.
Scraped Hart Of Dixie with "Pre-frodo" option, then changed to "Frodo Onwards" options, and selected "find missing artwork"
This found and scraped all Frodo artwork, but where before I "checked root for new shows" it saved 01-poster.jpg and 01-banner.jpg, and they were same image. this time saved only 01-poster.jpg and 02-poster.jpg.

It didn't try and save 01-banner.jpg. That's good, you may be able to find the code for this and correct in the other area's.

Not sure, but hope I'm helping in nailing it down for you.

Rob
Yep, that even worked for Glee, stopped at season04-poster.jpg