Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-29

(2017-11-27, 16:53)mata7 Wrote:
(2017-11-27, 07:35)vbat99 Wrote: Yes there is.
Put the extra stuff in a folder, say called extras.
Them in common preferences add the name of the folder to the exclude from scanning section.
see https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/PrefCom/

Keep the same folder name for all extra stuff, and mediacompanion will pass over that folder

Sent from my SM-G900I
thank you that did it

Just a FYI

Next release supports a '.nomedia' file in the folder you would like to exclude.
If found in a folder, that folder and any sub folders are excluded from scanning in Media Companion.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-11-29

(2017-11-21, 22:22)bobrap Wrote:  Seems my system is a little wacky.  Did a complete fresh install of Win10 and have the same problem.  Don't believe it's MC.  If I have any other program running, like browser, it switches to that unless it's minimized.  If all other programs are minimized, normal behavior.  Don't know where this came from.. Strange indeed.

I checked into this, selecting movie Source and Sets filters, and selecting stuff, but MC behaves for me, I am not kicked to a different open program.
Really not sure what is occurring here.

@bobrap

BTW, Does "display of series folder path to TV Browser tab" now display the series path or still a black box?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-11-29

(2017-11-29, 00:59)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 22:22)bobrap Wrote:  Seems my system is a little wacky.  Did a complete fresh install of Win10 and have the same problem.  Don't believe it's MC.  If I have any other program running, like browser, it switches to that unless it's minimized.  If all other programs are minimized, normal behavior.  Don't know where this came from.. Strange indeed.

I checked into this, selecting movie Source and Sets filters, and selecting stuff, but MC behaves for me, I am not kicked to a different open program.
I checked again and if MC is the only program open then all is well.  As soon as another program (browser) is running and not minimized, selecting the filters bounces me out of MC.  Strange thing is if I select the source as bluray and use the enter key to go back to the main screen, it works fine.  Seems my problem is related to the mouse.
The path window is working fine.  Thanks.

(2017-11-29, 01:27)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 00:59)vbat99 Wrote: I checked into this, selecting movie Source and Sets filters, and selecting stuff, but MC behaves for me, I am not kicked to a different open program.
I checked again and if MC is the only program open then all is well.  As soon as another program (browser) is running and not minimized, selecting the filters bounces me out of MC.  Strange thing is if I select the source as bluray and use the enter key to go back to the main screen, it works fine.  Seems my problem is related to the mouse.

Try as I might, MC isn't kicking me to another program. Switching between different Source types, always returns me to Media Companion.
Maybe its a Windows 10 thing.

I'll boot my Virtual W10

(2017-11-29, 03:05)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 01:27)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 00:59)vbat99 Wrote: I checked into this, selecting movie Source and Sets filters, and selecting stuff, but MC behaves for me, I am not kicked to a different open program.

Try as I might, MC isn't kicking me to another program. Switching between different Source types, always returns me to Media Companion.
Maybe its a Windows 10 thing.

I'll boot my Virtual W10

Nope, all good in windows 10 also. Sorry, I don't know what else to try.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-11-29

(2017-11-29, 00:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-27, 16:53)mata7 Wrote:
(2017-11-27, 07:35)vbat99 Wrote: Yes there is.
Put the extra stuff in a folder, say called extras.
Them in common preferences add the name of the folder to the exclude from scanning section.
see https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/PrefCom/

Keep the same folder name for all extra stuff, and mediacompanion will pass over that folder

Sent from my SM-G900I
thank you that did it  

Just a FYI

Next release supports a '.nomedia' file in the folder you would like to exclude.
If found in a folder, that folder and any sub folders are excluded from scanning in Media Companion.

Cheers  
thank you for let me know

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-01

New Release.
Media Companion 3.689b
**Large rework of Movie Sets has been completed, and re-addition of OMDb access.**

For this release, a rework of the Movie Sets code now includes the building of a MovieSetDatabase.xml file.
This MovieSetDatabase file will contain every TMDB Collection the user has ever scraped, and is updated when the user updates the set information whether during scraping of a movie in a collection, or from the Movie Set Tab.
MovieSetDatabase is also stored in an AppData folder located at %appdata%\Media_Companion\
Which means this database is preserved on clean up or new extracted builds of Media Companion.
The current moviesetcache.xml file will only contain current Movie Sets and Custom Movie sets.

New:
  • Movie - Addition of Movie Collection database, separate from Media Companion folder.
  • Movie - Add option for renaming of movie(s), all ignored articles or use same options as in Common Settings Preferences.
  • Movie - Allow renaming of Basic Save Mode movie folder and video file, keeping all other files as default for basic save mode.
  • MC - Conform to exclude folders with '.nomedia' file.
  • MC - Reintroduce OMDBApi for access to ratings etc from IMDb.
  • MC - Add field for user OMDB Api key.

Fixed:
  • TV - TMDb series crash if no network associated with Series.
  • TV - Show selector failed to update available languages.
  • Movie - Fix actor limit from IMDb.
  • Movie - Renaming files, allow conversion from or to Basic Save Mode.
  • Movie - Fix custom set info still existing in movie nfo.
  • Movie - Custom Sets, don't save associated movies into moviesetcache.
  • Movie - Fix Save from Table View.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.689b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-12-02

(2017-12-01, 00:56)vbat99 Wrote: New Release.Media Companion 3.689b**Large rework of Movie Sets has been completed, and re-addition of OMDb access.**

For this release, a rework of the Movie Sets code now includes the building of a MovieSetDatabase.xml file.
This MovieSetDatabase file will contain every TMDB Collection the user has ever scraped, and is updated when the user updates the set information whether during scraping of a movie in a collection, or from the Movie Set Tab.
MovieSetDatabase is also stored in an AppData folder located at %appdata%\Media_Companion\
Which means this database is preserved on clean up or new extracted builds of Media Companion.
The current moviesetcache.xml file will only contain current Movie Sets and Custom Movie sets.

New:
  • Movie - Addition of Movie Collection database, separate from Media Companion folder.
  • Movie - Add option for renaming of movie(s), all ignored articles or use same options as in Common Settings Preferences.
  • Movie - Allow renaming of Basic Save Mode movie folder and video file, keeping all other files as default for basic save mode.
  • MC - Conform to exclude folders with '.nomedia' file.
  • MC - Reintroduce OMDBApi for access to ratings etc from IMDb.
  • MC - Add field for user OMDB Api key.
Fixed:
  • TV - TMDb series crash if no network associated with Series.
  • TV - Show selector failed to update available languages.
  • Movie - Fix actor limit from IMDb.
  • Movie - Renaming files, allow conversion from or to Basic Save Mode.
  • Movie - Fix custom set info still existing in movie nfo.
  • Movie - Custom Sets, don't save associated movies into moviesetcache.
  • Movie - Fix Save from Table View.
And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge siteFeedback would be appreciated.Download Link for MC 3.689b x86 & x64Revision History 
Hey, Rob,
Tried the new rename for movies and works great for movie names, however, folders do not get renamed.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-02

(2017-12-02, 15:44)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,
Tried the new rename for movies and works great for movie names, however, folders do not get renamed.

Argh crap! Sorry everyone, thought I had tested all possibilities. dammn it.
Will work on this soon.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-02

(2017-12-02, 20:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-12-02, 15:44)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,

Argh crap! Sorry everyone, thought I had tested all possibilities. dammn it.
Will work on this soon.
Actually, might be half a sleep. but it is working for me.

[b]@bobrap]/b]
PM me a link to your config.xml. best i test with the options you've got selected.

I checked with out any ticks in use folder name or all movies in folders, and also with tick in all movies are in folders.
Renaming of movie folder worked each time.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-12-03

hi vbat99, sorry to bother you but how exactly this .nomedia work? i create a folder "the matrix" inside that folder i create another folder and called "extras" and ad a text file inside that folder and name .nomedia, but MC3 still scan that folder, what is that im doing wrong?

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-04

(2017-12-03, 16:48)mata7 Wrote: hi vbat99, sorry to bother you but how exactly this .nomedia work? i create a folder "the matrix" inside that folder i create another folder and called "extras" and ad a text file inside that folder and name .nomedia, but MC3 still scan that folder, what is that im doing wrong?

thanks

Just tested the latest release, MC 3.689b, by doing the same as you mentioned above.
In Root Movie folder created folder called "The Matrix"
Withing this created text file called "The Matrix (1999).mkv" - dummy file
Then created new folder in The Matrix folder called "extras"
Inside the extras folder, I created "The Matrix Reloaded.mkv" - dummy file.
I also created the .nomedia file as suggest on Kodi Wiki, to fool windows you need to rename the file .nomedia. full stop in front of and after nomedia.
Set Content and Scan - Excluding directories/folders
Ran Media Companion, and it only scraped "The Matrix (1999).mkv" file, no other movies found.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2017-12-04

Sorry to butt in. I know you are talking about Media Companion, but FWIW there is an Extras add-on in case it is of any use at all... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

Also details how to stop scraping Extras if the ultimate goal here is to scrape into Kodi.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-12-04

(2017-12-04, 03:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-12-03, 16:48)mata7 Wrote: hi vbat99, sorry to bother you but how exactly this .nomedia work? i create a folder "the matrix" inside that folder i create another folder and called "extras" and ad a text file inside that folder and name .nomedia, but MC3 still scan that folder, what is that im doing wrong?

thanks

Just tested the latest release, MC 3.689b, by doing the same as you mentioned above.
In Root Movie folder created folder called "The Matrix"
Withing this created text file called "The Matrix (1999).mkv" - dummy file
Then created new folder in The Matrix folder called "extras"
Inside the extras folder, I created "The Matrix Reloaded.mkv" - dummy file.
I also created the .nomedia file as suggest on Kodi Wiki, to fool windows you need to rename the file .nomedia. full stop in front of and after nomedia.
Set Content and Scan - Excluding directories/folders
Ran Media Companion, and it only scraped "The Matrix (1999).mkv" file, no other movies found.  
this is really strange because im doing exactly what you doing but in my case MC scan the matrix reload, are you excluding the extras folder from common settings?