Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Toxic Man - 2017-12-18

(2017-12-18, 19:26)vbat99 Wrote: I believe we don't filter from TMDB.
Give it again try, let us know.
 Doesn't pull adult titles from TMDB even when enabling Adult titles and a personal API key.  Nost of the other media managers around here have a setting to enable the Adult section of TMDB.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-18

OK. Interesting to know.
can you give me an adult title to test with, and I'll see about getting this supported.
(Hope the wife understands what I'm doing...lol)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-12-18

one more question is there a way of select HD Trailer to be the source for trailers?

thanks in advanced

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-18

(2017-12-18, 23:15)mata7 Wrote: one more question is there a way of select HD Trailer to be the source for trailers?

thanks in advanced

There was an option....but I believe it got removed as it was hit and miss to get them from HD Trailer.
We now rotate through trailer sources.
I believe HD Trailer is the first source tried.
Then TMDB Trailers
Then Youtube
Lastly IMDb.

If you find trailer is available from HD Trailers, but your getting Youtube or other url/download, please give me an example movie title that I can test with.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-19

OK, seems MC's HD Trailer scraper is so old it doesn't work anymore. And the new Kodi scraper is a Video Add-on now and in python, so that can't be used.

Seems I am going to have to code a new method to get HD Trailers to give us the URL link. Also, the URL link is from Apple.
YAY.

This one will take some time to get working.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2017-12-19

Quote:
(2017-12-19, 01:56)vbat99 Wrote: OK, seems MC's HD Trailer scraper is so old it doesn't work anymore. And the new Kodi scraper is a Video Add-on now and in python, so that can't be used.

Seems I am going to have to code a new method to get HD Trailers to give us the URL link. Also, the URL link is from Apple.
YAY.

This one will take some time to get working.

Hey Rob, here's a tool that's helpful in getting HD Trailers - HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version. I've been using it for quite a while now and haven't had any issues. It launches a cmd line program to fetch trailers. I don't know if it will be useful, but I figured I'd at least link it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Toxic Man - 2017-12-19

(2017-12-18, 19:38)vbat99 Wrote: OK. Interesting to know.
can you give me an adult title to test with, and I'll see about getting this supported.
(Hope the wife understands what I'm doing...lol)
 Sure, but you can simply create a dummy file by copying over any movie and naming for an adult title and trying to scrape it.  Now if you really want a title, PM me and I'll dropbox one for ya.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-19

Just after title, filename. I use dummy files all the time. Pm me a couple of titles, filename if you don't want them visible in this thread.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - cine1952 - 2017-12-19

I am using MC 3.6.9.0 - 64 Bit on Windows 8.1

I started to work with series 2-3 weeks ago. I am trying to get MC to fill the information for the French Nina show (ShowID=291917 lid=17 in TheTVDB).
When I go to the TV SHOW Selector, there are only 6 shows to choose from and the corect one is not there. However when I search for Nina in the tvdb tab, there are more than 35 shows listed. Unfortunately I cannot select the correct one and tell MC to scrape the info for that show. (there is no such option in the tvdb tab).

Note: searching for Nina (2015) instead of Nina generates the same list of shows in both tabs.

My questions:
- why does MC show an incomplete list of shows in the TV Show Selector tab?
- can we directly supply the ShowID (when we know it) so that MC scrapes the correct data? (This is possible for Movies)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-20

(2017-12-19, 23:08)cine1952 Wrote: I am using MC 3.6.9.0 - 64 Bit on Windows 8.1

I started to work with series 2-3 weeks ago. I am trying to get MC to fill the information for the French Nina show (ShowID=291917 lid=17 in TheTVDB).
When I go to the TV SHOW Selector, there are only 6 shows to choose from and the corect one is not there. However when I search for Nina in the tvdb tab, there are more than 35 shows listed. Unfortunately I cannot select the correct one and tell MC to scrape the info for that show. (there is no such option in the tvdb tab).

Note: searching for Nina (2015) instead of Nina generates the same list of shows in both tabs.

My questions:
- why does MC show an incomplete list of shows in the TV Show Selector tab?
- can we directly supply the ShowID (when we know it) so that MC scrapes the correct data? (This is possible for Movies)

I see the issue with Media Companion, and have a fix in place for the next release.
Just a couple of extra tweaks needed, hope to get the new release out tomorrow.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - cine1952 - 2017-12-21

(2017-12-20, 00:47)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 23:08)cine1952 Wrote:  

I see the issue with Media Companion, and have a fix in place for the next release.
Just a couple of extra tweaks needed, hope to get the new release out tomorrow. 
Wow! Thanks a lot vbat99!
cine1952

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-21

New Release.
Media Companion 3.691b
**More bug fixes and improvements.**

New:
  • Movie - Sets tab added button to refresh all TMDB sets data from TMDB.

Fixed:
  • MC - Quick fix for actor order value.
  • MC - Add Catches for detecting different Screens when using Multi Monitor Mode.
  • MC - Add external subtitle languages to Nfo.
  • MC - Correct external language list loading.
  • MC - Subtitle performance improvement.
  • TV - correct Tv actor source code.
  • TV - Fix batch wizard if locked series.
  • TV - Batch wizard add messagebox if single series and series is locked.
  • TV - Fix TV Series Selector displaying series from selected language.
  • TV - Improve artwork retrieval during scraping of series.
  • Movie - Fix saving of Movies, accidentally wiping the TMDB Set ID.
  • Movie - Improve subtitle file renaming.
  • Movie - Update HD Trailer scraper to support apple.com
  • Movie - Sets tab, on Repopulate, update Sets with movies added to sets.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.691b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - cine1952 - 2017-12-21

V3.691b - 64bits
Trying to scrape 'P.J.' (ShowID=94861).
Ex. of Path D:\TVShows\P.J\Season01\S01E01.avi
MC does not see the 'P.J' folder. Menu TVShows>Check Roots for new TVShows
has no effect. No errors or warnings.
(2012-04-18, 00:02)vbat99 Wrote:  

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-21

(2017-12-21, 21:02)cine1952 Wrote: V3.691b - 64bits
Trying to scrape 'P.J.' (ShowID=94861).
Ex. of Path D:\TVShows\P.J\Season01\S01E01.avi
MC does not see the 'P.J' folder. Menu TVShows>Check Roots for new TVShows
has no effect. No errors or warnings.
No issue here.

Created folder P.J.
Windows shows folder name P.J - cuts off last full stop.
Added folder, and MC scraped Les Pyjamasques
Clicked on TV Show Selector
and found series P.J. in list.
Clicked scrape show with selected options.
All good.
MC 3.691b

Unfortunately due to the full stops in the series name, hitting the correct series first time is near impossible.
But, that is where the TV Show Selector tab comes in.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-12-22

thank you vbat99 trailers now work great, happy holidays