Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-01

(2018-02-01, 12:21)john8546 Wrote: WOW what a release!!! Thanks to you again for providing such a nice Software this time.
The Movie Preference settings tab now looks cool.

I have some issues with the Table column now. I have around 800 movies in a single folder. When I scroll down the Table Tab I get the error in the below image.

Unfortunately I can not see what column is causing the error, but if you try the table view, when the error appears, it should also show the movie title that it error'd on.
Can you do a full screen screenshot and upload that.
Or if you can identify the movie, pm me the nfo for it and I'll take a look.

(2018-02-01, 12:21)john8546 Wrote: I have one more request regarding MC telling us whether a subtitle is present in the movie or not, if not user has the preference to download it from subscene.com as it does for the trailers.
I have seen a ticket open for it already.
Yes, this request has been in the roadmap for some time. And it is not easy to enable this as matching subtitles depends on video file size, filename, uploader etc...and I have not found a subtitle site that supports API calls.

I looked at Kodi's subtitle addons, but they are written in Python, which I do not want to add to Media Companion, as it blows out MC's download size.

Still, it hasn't been forgotten.

(2018-02-01, 12:21)john8546 Wrote: When I click on Delete nfo and Artwork for a movie, it deletes the trailer as well which is downloaded by the user. Is it possible not to delete the trailer and delete all the other stuff like nfo, actors , fanart and poster except the trailer.

Thanks Rob , You Rock Again.
OK, will look into that. It should only delete the trailer, if the user changes the movie, eg: wrong movie data scraped.

***Edit:*** Easy fix for trailer, ready for next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-02-02

(2018-02-01, 23:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-02-01, 12:21)john8546 Wrote: WOW what a release!!! Thanks to you again for providing such a nice Software this time.
The Movie Preference settings tab now looks cool.

I have some issues with the Table column now. I have around 800 movies in a single folder. When I scroll down the Table Tab I get the error in the below image.

Unfortunately I can not see what column is causing the error, but if you try the table view, when the error appears, it should also show the movie title that it error'd on.
Can you do a full screen screenshot and upload that.
Or if you can identify the movie, pm me the nfo for it and I'll take a look.
(2018-02-01, 12:21)john8546 Wrote: I have one more request regarding MC telling us whether a subtitle is present in the movie or not, if not user has the preference to download it from subscene.com as it does for the trailers.
I have seen a ticket open for it already.
Yes, this request has been in the roadmap for some time. And it is not easy to enable this as matching subtitles depends on video file size, filename, uploader etc...and I have not found a subtitle site that supports API calls.

I looked at Kodi's subtitle addons, but they are written in Python, which I do not want to add to Media Companion, as it blows out MC's download size.

Still, it hasn't been forgotten.
(2018-02-01, 12:21)john8546 Wrote: When I click on Delete nfo and Artwork for a movie, it deletes the trailer as well which is downloaded by the user. Is it possible not to delete the trailer and delete all the other stuff like nfo, actors , fanart and poster except the trailer.

Thanks Rob , You Rock Again.
OK, will look into that. It should only delete the trailer, if the user changes the movie, eg: wrong movie data scraped.

***Edit:*** Easy fix for trailer, ready for next release.    
The Table view error comes out with for a single folder only. All other drives it works fine. As you pointed out it must be with some movie nfo, I will try to rescarp the movies and see if it solves the problem. I will let you know.

Regarding the subtitle part, is it possible to only put a filter for subtitle for now, to check whether present from the media HD tags. That will simply let the movies filter out if it has a subtitle or not. Just the movies will pop out. Like the subtitle language filter does for any subtitle in the movie that has a language code assigned to it or it goes into none filter mode.

And lastly your work is always appreciated, i will wait for the trailers fix release. 

Thanks John.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-02-04

@vbat99  hey man just for curiosity, have you ever through on add Music library scraping to MC?

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-04

(2018-02-02, 11:10)john8546 Wrote: The Table view error comes out with for a single folder only. All other drives it works fine. As you pointed out it must be with some movie nfo, I will try to rescarp the movies and see if it solves the problem. I will let you know.

Regarding the subtitle part, is it possible to only put a filter for subtitle for now, to check whether present from the media HD tags. That will simply let the movies filter out if it has a subtitle or not. Just the movies will pop out. Like the subtitle language filter does for any subtitle in the movie that has a language code assigned to it or it goes into none filter mode.

And lastly your work is always appreciated, i will wait for the trailers fix release. 

Thanks John.

Hi John

Let me know how you get on with those movies and the Table view error.

As for the Subtitle filtering, I suspect your wanting a filter to just show
1. Movies with any subtitle
2. Movies with no subtitles

If so, the current Sub Filter does this.
Click on the None to select it with solid tick, to show movies with no subtitles.
Click on None to remove the tick, to show movies with any subtitles.

Hope that is what your after.

Rob

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-04

(2018-02-04, 06:26)mata7 Wrote: @vbat99  hey man just for curiosity, have you ever through on add Music library scraping to MC?

thanks

Gidday @mata7

I've been asked this many times before. It is very complex, and I believe there are other apps available for Music library nfo scraping that are better than what I could cobble together.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-02-04

(2018-02-04, 21:09)vbat99 Wrote: Hi John

Let me know how you get on with those movies and the Table view error.

As for the Subtitle filtering, I suspect your wanting a filter to just show
1. Movies with any subtitle
2. Movies with no subtitles

If so, the current Sub Filter does this.
Click on the None to select it with solid tick, to show movies with no subtitles.
Click on None to remove the tick, to show movies with any subtitles.

Hope that is what your after.

Rob 
Hello Rob.

Th table view error was created because of some nfo. I re-scarped all the movies and it is no more seen.

The subtitle Language filter (as the name implies) filters the movie if at all a language is assigned to the subs.
If no language is assigned and the subtitle is present , still it filters saying no subs.

Thanks John.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-04, 23:12)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob.

Th table view error was created because of some nfo. I re-scarped all the movies and it is no more seen.

The subtitle Language filter (as the name implies) filters the movie if at all a language is assigned to the subs.
If no language is assigned and the subtitle is present , still it filters saying no subs.

Thanks John.

Yikes, OK, thats an error thats been in MC for some time....and I think it was my fault.

So this is a two-strike error.
1. If subtitle present, but no language set, MC does add it during scrape, but only for internal subtitles.
Then during save, if no language code, MC doesn't save it to the nfo. Oops.
2. If external sub present, and no language, MC completely ignores this file.

To fix this, If internal sub (ie in MKV) and no language code, MC sets the language to "und" which is default no language coded.
And I have fixed external subs with no language to also set to "und"

This fixes No.1 and No.2 above.
But, you will need to rescrape Media Tags (Batch Rescrape will run through this quickly).

Then in the SubTitle Language Filter, you'll see new entries for "und (x)" as well as "None (x)"

This will be in the next release out this week.

Rob

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-05, 00:29)vbat99 Wrote: Yikes, OK, thats an error thats been in MC for some time....and I think it was my fault.

1. If subtitle present, but no language set, MC does add it during scrape, but only for internal subtitles.

To fix this, If internal sub (ie in MKV) and no language code, MC sets the language to "und" which is default no language coded.

But, you will need to rescrape Media Tags (Batch Rescrape will run through this quickly).

Then in the SubTitle Language Filter, you'll see new entries for "und (x)" as well as "None (x)"

Rob 
That works like a charm. Subtitles are now detected flawlessly. And after deleting nfo and artwork, trailer and external subtitles stays with the movies.

MC rocks now !!!! 

Thanks a Bunch Rob.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-05, 01:32)john8546 Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 00:29)vbat99 Wrote: Yikes, OK, thats an error thats been in MC for some time....and I think it was my fault.

Rob 
MC rocks now !!!! Thanks for a quick reply.

Thanks a Bunch Rob. Smile 

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2018-02-06

Hello Rob,

Would you consider adding a Top 250 filter? I know there are a lot of users who track the movies they have that are in the IMDb Top 250, and it would be far easier to ensure that you have the correct information/metadata/artwork on those, if there was a filter.  In my case, it is tough to see what I am missing for these movies, since they are spread out over multiple sources and have been added over multiple years.  

Thanks for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-06

(2018-02-06, 18:19)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Rob,

Would you consider adding a Top 250 filter? I know there are a lot of users who track the movies they have that are in the IMDb Top 250, and it would be far easier to ensure that you have the correct information/metadata/artwork on those, if there was a filter.  In my case, it is tough to see what I am missing for these movies, since they are spread out over multiple sources and have been added over multiple years.  

Regards,

Bart

Added to General Filter, 'In Top250'.
When selected, will list movies scraped that are in the Top250.

If you want to see what each movies Top 250 place is, then switch to Table View. Ensure Top250 Column is visible, and then click Column to filter 1 to 250, or 250 to 1.
If you have selected 'In Top250' filter before going to the Table view, then Only those movies in the Top 250 are shown in the Table View.

Look for this in the next release of Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2018-02-06

(2018-02-06, 23:02)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 18:19)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Rob,

Regards,

Bart

Added to General Filter, 'In Top250'.
When selected, will list movies scraped that are in the Top250.

If you want to see what each movies Top 250 place is, then switch to Table View. Ensure Top250 Column is visible, and then click Column to filter 1 to 250, or 250 to 1.
If you have selected 'In Top250' filter before going to the Table view, then Only those movies in the Top 250 are shown in the Table View.

Look for this in the next release of Media Companion. 
 Fantastic! Thank you Rob for your quick response and for including this.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-02-07

(2018-02-04, 21:11)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 06:26)mata7 Wrote: @vbat99  hey man just for curiosity, have you ever through on add Music library scraping to MC?

thanks

Gidday @mata7

I've been asked this many times before. It is very complex, and I believe there are other apps available for Music library nfo scraping that are better than what I could cobble together.

the only one i know is medialelf and i dont think it work well for music, anyways thanks take care

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2018-02-07

(2017-12-19, 01:56)vbat99 Wrote: OK, seems MC's HD Trailer scraper is so old it doesn't work anymore. And the new Kodi scraper is a Video Add-on now and in python, so that can't be used.

Seems I am going to have to code a new method to get HD Trailers to give us the URL link. Also, the URL link is from Apple.
YAY.

This one will take some time to get working.

(2018-02-07, 09:52)mata7 Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 21:11)vbat99 Wrote:

thanks

Gidday @mata7

the only one i know is medialelf and i dont think it work well for music, anyways thanks take care 
MediaElch does a decent job with music

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-02-07

no the Version 2.4.2, at least my dont scrap music, and i read other people have the same problem