Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

Hey, don't worry about it, tomorrow's another day.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 02:50)vbat99 Wrote: Hey, don't worry about it, tomorrow's another day.

but i still gotta find it lol

when i said i think i found it ... i lied Sad it wasn't it Sad Sad Sad

hehe i think i found it this time for sure Smile if not, night Tongue

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

GOT IT WORKING!!!! turns out i changed the code for the thumbs that were downloaded but if they are created using ffmpeg and your video files they wud be .tbn, all fixed, uploading latest build Smile

then sleep

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

Have you uploaded this build?

(2013-01-23, 03:33)vbat99 Wrote: Have you uploaded this build?
http://puu.sh/1RkBd

night.

PS: this build was released exactly a hour after the previous, weird coincidence.

g'night buddy. Thanks for the hard work today.

(2013-01-23, 03:34)vbat99 Wrote: g'night buddy. Thanks for the hard work today.

Night and thanks, latest changes added to my fork. more work will be done to it in around 12hours.
image above shows -thumb.jpg Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - strikervi - 2013-01-23

ok , quick bug ( i think) ALPHA 5

storage wars.
they were initially as s03e23 etc.
when right clicked on show title 'search this show for new episodes'
it found all 4, and scraped the nfo and the -thumb.

refreshed all shows ( as i do ) and then went back to the same show, and chose rename episodes ,
the nfo and the video file names get changed, but the thumb does not (Storage Wars - S03E23 - Jurassic Bark)

quick test with the current (3.5.2.1b )version ( it makes tmb files tho ) and the files names get updated. ( the pop up log reflects those actions )

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - gibxxi - 2013-01-23

Got the following error when attempting to scrape fanart for the film A.I: Artificial Intelligence:

Code:
Scraping Title:- Artificial Intelligence
Movie Body Scraped OK
Actors scraped OK
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 10
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 17
Pre-Frodo poster URLs scraping not enabled
HD Tags Added OK
Poster scraped OK
!!! Problem Saving Poster
!!! Error Returned :- System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCacheAndPath(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeWidth, Int32 resizeHeight)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.SaveFanartImageToCacheAndPath(String url, String path)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadFanart()

Any ideas?

It *may* be a permissions issue since the folder i'm working on was copied locally from the NAS the primary copy is stored on. Will attempt to reset the permissions and recopy and try again and post here.

Re: RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 07:59)strikervi Wrote: ok , quick bug ( i think) ALPHA 5

storage wars.
they were initially as s03e23 etc.
when right clicked on show title 'search this show for new episodes'
it found all 4, and scraped the nfo and the -thumb.

refreshed all shows ( as i do ) and then went back to the same show, and chose rename episodes ,
the nfo and the video file names get changed, but the thumb does not (Storage Wars - S03E23 - Jurassic Bark)

quick test with the current (3.5.2.1b )version ( it makes tmb files tho ) and the files names get updated. ( the pop up log reflects those actions )

Okay thanks will fix this later

(2013-01-23, 11:16)gibxxi Wrote: Got the following error when attempting to scrape fanart for the film A.I: Artificial Intelligence:

Code:
Scraping Title:- Artificial Intelligence
Movie Body Scraped OK
Actors scraped OK
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 10
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 17
Pre-Frodo poster URLs scraping not enabled
HD Tags Added OK
Poster scraped OK
!!! Problem Saving Poster
!!! Error Returned :- System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCacheAndPath(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeWidth, Int32 resizeHeight)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.SaveFanartImageToCacheAndPath(String url, String path)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadFanart()

Any ideas?

It *may* be a permissions issue since the folder i'm working on was copied locally from the NAS the primary copy is stored on. Will attempt to reset the permissions and recopy and try again and post here.

Is this with my alpha or all versions or the official one?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - gibxxi - 2013-01-23

This is with the latest Alpha, sorry for not stating that before. Happens for other films too, A.I was just the first (as per the list) that I encountered the error.

The idea (for me) is to process a local backup with Media Companion, then upload the changes back to the NAS via Rsync.

Also noticed that when A-Z display mode is selected, the order is actually Z-A (until reverse order is selected). Not a big issue, just something I noticed.

(2013-01-23, 14:06)gibxxi Wrote: This is with the latest Alpha, sorry for not stating that before. Happens for other films too, A.I was just the first (as per the list) that I encountered the error.

The idea (for me) is to process a local backup with Media Companion, then upload the changes back to the NAS via Rsync.

Also noticed that when A-Z display mode is selected, the order is actually Z-A (until reverse order is selected). Not a big issue, just something I noticed.

So did this occur on the stable/beta aswell or is it just the alpha? alpha only supports TV Shows and i may have accidently broke Movies but i will need to know if it happens on other versions aswell before being able to confirm whether thats the case or not.

I will test if movies are still working on the alpha as i think i may have broke it accidently Sad , will update post when confirmed.

Yeah this seems to always of happened, even on scraping shows... Z-A 9-0 but not sure why... hopefully another developer can look Smile

(2013-01-23, 13:33)DanCooper Wrote: For Information:

TMDB currently has server problems!
Why does it work downloading of posters and fanarts not right.

... i think Smile

so this will obviously affect MC aswell.

gibxxi if you could check on a folder which defintely won't have permission issues that will be much appreciated.

Don't remember seeing it before (in the v3.5.2.1b release). But there are a lot of little things that have caused errors in Media Companion for me.

I'm not saying the program is riddled with bugs, because i'm quite certain 50% off the issues i'm getting are due to my setup. But like I say, not experienced this issue before.

As per your last post, that might be the reason. Posters are downloading fine, it just fanarts that are experiencing issues.

While i'm here, i also noticed (with the option set) fanart is downloaded to the folder "extrathumbs", whereas Artwork downloader uses a folder called "extrafanart". Am I right in assuming these two variations are the same thing done differently? Most of the skins i've used use the "extrafanart" folder for extra images, so not sure if using Media Companion will work with this setup or conflict with Artwork Downloader. I'm only really concerned about using Media Companion for ensuring the main movie/tv poster and backdrop are downloaded. For everything else, I can use Artwork Downloader (Disk, Clearlogo, extrafanart, etc).
...and Media Companion for filling in the gaps in metadata left by built-in scrapers, obviously.

(2013-01-23, 14:51)gibxxi Wrote: Don't remember seeing it before (in the v3.5.2.1b release). But there are a lot of little things that have caused errors in Media Companion for me.

I'm not saying the program is riddled with bugs, because i'm quite certain 50% off the issues i'm getting are due to my setup. But like I say, not experienced this issue before.

As per your last post, that might be the reason. Posters are downloading fine, it just fanarts that are experiencing issues.

While i'm here, i also noticed (with the option set) fanart is downloaded to the folder "extrathumbs", whereas Artwork downloader uses a folder called "extrafanart". Am I right in assuming these two variations are the same thing done differently? Most of the skins i've used use the "extrafanart" folder for extra images, so not sure if using Media Companion will work with this setup or conflict with Artwork Downloader. I'm only really concerned about using Media Companion for ensuring the main movie/tv poster and backdrop are downloaded. For everything else, I can use Artwork Downloader (Disk, Clearlogo, extrafanart, etc).
...and Media Companion for filling in the gaps in metadata left by built-in scrapers, obviously.

ok, well i just scanned my movies and i got a error, think it was the same error as above... unfortunately for you guys my zealz GK802 has arrived so not much coding going to be coming from me today.

Maybe its a server issue im going to leave it a little while and try again.

No idea about extrathumbs/extrfanart as i never really use it since my only XBMC system is a Raspberry PI.

So yeah going to play with my toy Tongue then i will test movies again and if the server is working but the application isn't i will try and fix the bug Smile

Thanks for the reports and information.