Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2018-06-03

Hope that helps....

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2018-06-04

Regarding the music video scraper.
As I suspect everyones music videos are all of my music videos are in a folder named for the artist. Then the file name is
artist - songname.ext

Is there a way to make MC recognize this and when it scans my music video library auto fill the artist and song boxes?
Its nice that this makes the nfo and all but the scrapers are not that reliable and I still have to do most of this manually... specifically artist and song.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-04

(2018-06-03, 23:37)artistwantab Wrote: Image

Hope that helps....

You mean cropping. Hate to say it, but not getting an error at my end for cropping of Movie fanart or TV fanart.

Can you please post the crash error message.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-04

(2018-06-04, 00:08)huttdes Wrote: Regarding the music video scraper.
As I suspect everyones music videos are all of my music videos are in a folder named for the artist. Then the file name is
artist - songname.ext

Is there a way to make MC recognize this and when it scans my music video library auto fill the artist and song boxes?
Its nice that this makes the nfo and all but the scrapers are not that reliable and I still have to do most of this manually... specifically artist and song.

I believe MC was set for <artist>-<title>.extn if the file was in a root music video folder.
Or if in a Artist folder, just <title>.extn.
I will look at adding the function of <artist>-<title>.extn if in a Artist folder, probably ensuring that the folder is named exactly as the <artist> part of the filename.

To help me, can you take a screenshot of one of your artist folders with music videos within, and post up the image?
Or list an example of artists and video file titles, so I have something to test against.

And no, the scraper data relies heavily on the source used for scraping. If from Wiki, their data layout is always changing. AudioDB should be better, but not sure how up-to-date they are.
Truth is, its been a long time since I've looked at the Music Video section.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2018-06-04

(2018-06-04, 01:05)vbat99 Wrote:
artist - songname.ext

I believe MC was set for <artist>-<title>.extn if the file was in a root music video folder.
I will look at adding the function of <artist>-<title>.extn if in a Artist folder, probably ensuring that the folder is named exactly as the <artist> part of the filename.

To help me, can you take a screenshot of one of your artist folders with music videos within, and post up the image?
Or list an example of artists and video file titles, so I have something to test against.

And no, the scraper data relies heavily on the source used for scraping. If from Wiki, their data layout is always changing. AudioDB should be better, but not sure how up-to-date they are.

Cheers 
 Here you go... and yes all my folders are named exactly as the artist name in the file name.
My structure is
Music\Videos\Artist\Artist - Song.ext

directory

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2018-06-04

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2018-06-04

As you can see it crashes my system.  Tried it on other computers same issue.

Thank you, pointed me in right direction and a dumb typo on my behalf caused the glitch.!

Will be fixed in next release which was supposed to have been on Friday, will try for later today.
(2018-06-04, 02:35)artistwantab Wrote: As you can see it crashes my system.  Tried it on other computers same issue.

(2018-06-04, 01:59)huttdes Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 01:05)vbat99 Wrote:
artist - songname.ext

Cheers 
 Here you go... and yes all my folders are named exactly as the artist name in the file name.
My structure is

directory

Thanks for the info. Can you advise me what scraper source you have selected? Wiki, IMVDB or AudioDB.

Thanks.

Great. 

Love the program.

BTW....Not a complaint but would love to see 3D movies excluded as a duplicate one day.

Just to be clear...

Say you have....

Wolverine & Wolverine 3d they show up as duplicates.

(2018-06-04, 04:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 01:59)huttdes Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 01:05)vbat99 Wrote: I believe MC was set for <artist>-<title>.extn if the file was in a root music video folder.

Cheers 
My structure is

directory 

Thanks for the info. Can you advise me what scraper source you have selected? Wiki, IMVDB or AudioDB.

Thanks. 
 It's set on wiki right now.

Is it possible to scrape single entries for Music Videos?

Thank you.

(2018-06-04, 05:59)artistwantab Wrote: Great. 

Love the program.

BTW....Not a complaint but would love to see 3D movies excluded as a duplicate one day.

Just to be clear...

Say you have....

Wolverine & Wolverine 3d they show up as duplicates.

Will be working on this within the next two releases.

(2018-06-04, 13:09)huttdes Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 01:59)huttdes Wrote:  Here you go... and yes all my folders are named exactly as the artist name in the file name.
My structure is

directory 

Thanks. 

Thank you.

Thanks, will check later today on scraping that artist.

As for single entries, do you mean rescrape? or Drag and drop?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-05

(2018-06-04, 13:09)huttdes Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 01:59)huttdes Wrote:  Here you go... and yes all my folders are named exactly as the artist name in the file name.
My structure is

directory 

Thanks. 

Thank you.

So I have made some improvements in getting the Artist and Title from the filename, as well as correcting accented characters retrieved from Wiki.
And, getting more that one genre if more available.
Most of the music videos scrape fine.

Except for titles that have the word - Live - in the filename.
This completely throws the scrape as its looking for the title of the song to have the word live in it.
As well, you have some music videos that are two different songs in one video file.

I am trying to improve scrape success, but in some cases like - live - or double songs in one video file, Manual intervention will be required.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ended84 - 2018-06-07

I am wanting to have all of my library extras (art, actor thumbs, trailers...) be stored locally.
I already have this working with actor thumbs using a network share. (Is there a way to have the ensure TV shows and Movies share the same actor thumb? I have dupes...)
I have used Media companion to download my posters and fan art and trailers.
In KODI I use the 'Local Info' scraper and it is loading all my NFO files without issue.

My problem is that when I open an NFO and check out the various tags, not all are using the local URL.
All of the poster thumbs point to TMDB, fanart points to tbdb and trailer points to youtube.
I have all of these resources already downloaded, but Media Companion does not seem to write the NFO using the local file address.

It may help to explain using a specific example:
Movie: Almost Famous (2000)
Location: nfs://192.168.2.5/data/videos/movies/Almost Famous (2000)/Almost Famous (2000).mkv
Seemingly 'non-local' info in NFO file:
<thumb aspect="poster">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/mlOGVofLSyFAoVYcjVS2WRVvQjr.jpg</thumb>
thumb dim="" colors="" preview="http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w1280/c4NfPOGROc1Do51DZ51bgOEPzzu.jpg">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/c4NfPOGROc1Do51DZ51bgOEPzzu.jpg</thumb>
<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=qk0XnyrENrE</trailer>
I do have Almost Famous (2000)-poster.jpg Almost Famous (2000)-trailer.mp4, extrafanart and extrathumbs in my folder too.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding these tags. I just want my library and all the extras to be completely local, that's all.
I do notice that when I play the trailer, it is the local file that is being played and not going through youtube. (On that note, it would be cool, if we could specify what trailer gets downloaded sometimes as the one that got downloaded in this case is some dumb clip with the director giving an intro...)