Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-07, 00:25)ended84 Wrote: I am wanting to have all of my library extras (art, actor thumbs, trailers...) be stored locally.
I already have this working with actor thumbs using a network share. (Is there a way to have the ensure TV shows and Movies share the same actor thumb? I have dupes...)

I'll check TV function, but it may depend on if the actors are being saved with their ID number, which is different between IMDB, TMDB and TVDb.

(2018-06-07, 00:25)ended84 Wrote: I have used Media companion to download my posters and fan art and trailers.
In KODI I use the 'Local Info' scraper and it is loading all my NFO files without issue.

My problem is that when I open an NFO and check out the various tags, not all are using the local URL.
All of the poster thumbs point to TMDB, fanart points to tbdb and trailer points to youtube.
I have all of these resources already downloaded, but Media Companion does not seem to write the NFO using the local file address.

It may help to explain using a specific example:
Movie: Almost Famous (2000)
Location: nfs://192.168.2.5/data/videos/movies/Almost Famous (2000)/Almost Famous (2000).mkv
Seemingly 'non-local' info in NFO file:
xml:

<thumb aspect="poster">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/mlOGVofLSyFAoVYcjVS2WRVvQjr.jpg</thumb>
thumb dim="" colors="" preview="http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w1280/c4NfPOGROc1Do51DZ51bgOEPzzu.jpg">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/c4NfPOGROc1Do51DZ51bgOEPzzu.jpg</thumb>
<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=qk0XnyrENrE</trailer>
I do have Almost Famous (2000)-poster.jpg Almost Famous (2000)-trailer.mp4, extrafanart and extrathumbs in my folder too.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding these tags. I just want my library and all the extras to be completely local, that's all.
I do notice that when I play the trailer, it is the local file that is being played and not going through youtube. (On that note, it would be cool, if we could specify what trailer gets downloaded sometimes as the one that got downloaded in this case is some dumb clip with the director giving an intro...)

OK, so how Kodi works is when set for scraping with Local Information Only scraper.
First Kodi will check if there is a local nfo.
Then checks for local artwork, actors, trailers.
If the artwork is not local, then - and only then - will it use the url in the nfo to download the artwork from the internet.
the same goes for Trailers. If Kodi finds a local trailer file, it Almost Famous (2000)-trailer.mp4, Kodi will use this path for the trailer first.

The urls in the nfo are only like a second-option for Kodi if the media is not located with the video file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-04, 05:59)artistwantab Wrote: Great. 

Love the program.

BTW....Not a complaint but would love to see 3D movies excluded as a duplicate one day.

Just to be clear...

Say you have....

Wolverine & Wolverine 3d they show up as duplicates.

Fixed and in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-08

New Release.
Media Companion 3.710

New option on Batch Wizard for TV and Movies. Remember selected Options.
Also correctly name ExtraFanart & ExtraThumbs as per Kodi Wiki. To correct already downloaded Extra artwork, go to Debug tab, and check the box **Fix ExtraFanart\ExtraThumbs naming convention**
This will run over all Movies and TV series loaded in Media Companion, and correctly name the files as per Kodi Wiki. eg. https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork section 3.3

Note: SourceForge is taking longer than usual to update the Download button on Media Companion's home page. You may have to force a Refresh of the page. (ctrl+F5)

New:
  • TV - Batch Wizard, add remember selected options. Useful if your consistently running the Batch wizard with the same selected rescrape options.
  • Movie - Batch Wizard, add remember selected options. Useful if your consistently running the Batch wizard with the same selected rescrape options.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Complete change of ExtraFanart and ExtraThumbs to correct filenames as per Kodi Wiki.
  • TV - Rework ExtraFanart to correct filenames as per Kodi Wiki.
  • TV - Improve Manual add series and fix return data TVDb.
  • TV - Fix error if selecting different tabs with no series loaded.
  • TV - Fix Screenshot tab replaced current episode image with one from file.
  • MC - Add option in Debug tab to fix extrafanart and extrathumb filenames for Movies and TV Series.
  • MC - Ignore function keys if Alt, Shift or Control also held.
  • Movie - Fix crop fanart image.
  • Movie - Exclude separate movie identifier from being listed as duplicates.
  • MusicVideo - Tweaks to ensure Artist and Title are populated from File/Folder titles if not able to retrieve from scraper.
  • MusicVideo - Improve retrieving Plot from Wiki.
  • MusicVideo - Get more than one Genre if present.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.710b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2018-06-10

Cropping still a small issue.  Doesn't crash and DOES save edited art but still throwing back this error.

Hope this helps.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-10

(2018-06-10, 22:13)artistwantab Wrote: Cropping still a small issue.  Doesn't crash and DOES save edited art but still throwing back this error.

Hope this helps.

Yep, a fix is in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-06-11

Got a couple of things.  For movies that have no fanart, I'm unable to create a screenshot.  Screenshot works fine for episode thumbs.  Have you made a decision on the file naming for discart and logo?  On the TV side, scraping of the IMDB id is only available for episodes.  Any reason it's not there for shows?  Otherwise, it requires a complete show rescrape.  Any luck on the tv renaming?  I guess no chance of getting rid of regex?  I only ask because I believe MC is the only media manager using it.  Thanks for considering things. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-11

(2018-06-11, 02:42)bobrap Wrote: Got a couple of things.  For movies that have no fanart, I'm unable to create a screenshot.  Screenshot works fine for episode thumbs.  Have you made a decision on the file naming for discart and logo?  On the TV side, scraping of the IMDB id is only available for episodes.  Any reason it's not there for shows?  Otherwise, it requires a complete show rescrape.  Any luck on the tv renaming?  I guess no chance of getting rid of regex?  I only ask because I believe MC is the only media manager using it.  Thanks for considering things. Smile

Screenshot for movies that do not have any fanart is working for me. What happens when you click the button. If a error, please post up the message.

In regards to Discart and Clearlogo, I will be changing this from disc.png to discart.png, and the same for logo. But first was to get the fanart naming sorted.

As for MovieSet artwork, this will probably become a user selected option, as I still use MovieSet Artwork Automater, just for importing and updating collection artwork.

Both disc and logo, and MovieSet artwork selection will be updated in MC, but real life is taking more of my free time right now. though, its coming into winter, so that may change.

Regex for episode naming, I haven't had a look at this just yet.
I was thinking of adding similar option as Movie renaming, but these would be added after the episode title
ie: Castle (2009) - S01E01 - Pilot 720p H264 AAC.mkv
This way I won't have to figure a new renaming method, just append selected options to the episode title.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ended84 - 2018-06-11

Is there an issue with the Export feature?

Shouldn't the <basepath></basepath> that ends up in the resulting XML be the path that KODI should be looking for and not what MC looks for?
I have defined the KODI path in the Export tab of MC and in the Export tool in MC, but I end up with the MC path in the XML.
I suppose this would be fine if all my KODI boxes were Windows and had shares mapped with drive letters, but they aren't and as such, I use a NFS path for all KODIs on my network.

TL;DR: exported XML points to MC's paths instead of defined KODI path.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-11

(2018-06-11, 22:11)ended84 Wrote: Is there an issue with the Export feature?

Shouldn't the <basepath></basepath> that ends up in the resulting XML be the path that KODI should be looking for and not what MC looks for?
I have defined the KODI path in the Export tab of MC and in the Export tool in MC, but I end up with the MC path in the XML.
I suppose this would be fine if all my KODI boxes were Windows and had shares mapped with drive letters, but they aren't and as such, I use a NFS path for all KODIs on my network.

I will have to check and get back to you. Been a while since I looked at this code.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ended84 - 2018-06-11

(2018-06-11, 22:13)vbat99 Wrote: I will have to check and get back to you. Been a while since I looked at this code. 
 Thanks!

My media server has become a complete mess and I am hoping to do the following:
  • Get every thing 'just right' in MC
  • Export to single file
  • Import in KODI and let it update the MySQL database
  • Use MC w/ XBMC Link to update thereafter.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2018-06-12

(2018-06-04, 21:59)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 13:09)huttdes Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 04:50)vbat99 Wrote: Thanks for the info. Can you advise me what scraper source you have selected? Wiki, IMVDB or AudioDB.

Thanks. 
 It's set on wiki right now.

Is it possible to scrape single entries for Music Videos?

Thank you. 

Thanks, will check later today on scraping that artist.

As for single entries, do you mean rescrape? or Drag and drop? 
 Yeah, basically rescraping. NFO's have been generated already for all of my videos even if the data is incomplete.
So with the updated software I'd like to be able to highlight specific videos and have it rescrape.
If I right click there is no option for this... there is a 'rescrape specific' but it's grayed out.
So as of right now the update doesn't really do me any good unless I start over... which I don't want to do as I've many edited hundreds of these aready.

On another note when it comes to grabbing screen shots from a video some form of scroll bar to scan the video would be awesome instead of changing the seconds setting and hoping for something good.

Thanks for your time!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-12

(2018-06-11, 22:11)ended84 Wrote: Is there an issue with the Export feature?

So looking into this, I did a quick export of some movies.
Starting the Export library to Kodi Import format, you have paths listed for Movies, TV etc.
Type, MC Source, XBMC/Kodi Path
For each type, edit the XBMC/KodiPath to point to where Kodi should be looking for movies. Just click in the box and type the kodi path.
ie: If MC Source is Z:\Movies
Kodi Path might be smb:\\server\disk1\Movies
now Basepath tag should show as
Quote:<basepath>smb:\\server\disk1\Movies\The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)\The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008).mp4</basepath>

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-12

(2018-06-12, 00:44)huttdes Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 21:59)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 13:09)huttdes Wrote:  It's set on wiki right now.

Is it possible to scrape single entries for Music Videos?

Thank you. 

Thanks, will check later today on scraping that artist.

As for single entries, do you mean rescrape? or Drag and drop? 
 Yeah, basically rescraping. NFO's have been generated already for all of my videos even if the data is incomplete.
So with the updated software I'd like to be able to highlight specific videos and have it rescrape.
If I right click there is no option for this... there is a 'rescrape specific' but it's grayed out.
So as of right now the update doesn't really do me any good unless I start over... which I don't want to do as I've many edited hundreds of these already.

On another note when it comes to grabbing screen shots from a video some form of scroll bar to scan the video would be awesome instead of changing the seconds setting and hoping for something good.

Thanks for your time!

I plan to add rescrape functions to Music Video, but your the first to actually as for it. The gray'd out option is due to the code not having been finished. (had some issues trying to figure out which scraper to use, as there are three possible scrapers)
It will appear sometime in the near future. can't say exactly how far away at time time.

As for a slide-bar, yes I'd prefer this too, but I haven't found any consistent code that doesn't double the size of Media Companion. And code that is easily use able with existing ffmpeg tool in MC.
(As in, I'm not fond of users having to install a 3rd party program to get the codec support to get a slide-bar working)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2018-06-13

Currently I'm also using Movie Set Artwork Automator to set/update my Movie Collection/Sets.

My naming convention is:
Main Folder: Iron Man Collection
Iron Man (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
banner.jpg
clearart.png
fanart.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.jpg
poster.jpg

Movie Set Artwork Automator will automatically pickup my local files (from the main folder) and use them.
The only thing I haven't figure out is getting it to use extrafanart while viewing it as a movie set.
With the changes you are planning for MC, does it mean I will need to change how I have my collection/sets named?

Currently still using Artwork Downloader.
I read here talk about Artwork Beef, downloaded + installed and it has so many more functions! I just set it to Add Artwork after Library Updates and to not automatically download artwork from web services, only identify local files.

I tried for a new movie I added using the naming conventions discart.png and clearlogo.png. My Kodi (17.6) didn't automatically pick it up, so went back and renamed it to disc.png and logo.png.
And ran Artwork Downloader to pick up local files. I see if you move to discart.png and clearlogo.png, you will add a renaming function. Great! that you took users like me that use the alternative naming convention into consideration

Also from the wiki, it says Kodi will pick up posters & fanart from movies files in a single directory:
Single movie in directory: poster.jpg/png
It doesn't for me, it has to be: <NameOfVideoFile>-poster.jpg/png
I see that is the default for Kodi, so I'm renaming all of them to this naming convention.
Unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also I use Trakt.tv to track my movies and series/shows. Just wish I could pull ratings from trakt.tv instead, sometimes find it more reliable then IMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-06-13

I will add to MC to have One or the other naming convention, specially since like yourself, some use Movie Set Artwork Automator and others Artwork Beef.

I am guessing that each movie in Main Folder: Iron Man Collection, has its own sub folder?
ie: Iron Man Collection\Iron Man (2008)\Iron Man (2008).mkv

If that is the case, then for the movie scraper if you select Movies are in separate folders that match the title, then Kodi would pick up the poster.jpg/png image instead of <moviename>-poster.jpg/png
But I use the <moviename>-poster etc format with no hassles.
As for movieset images, logo, clearart etc, that is correct for MSAA but not for Artwork Beef. Again, I will have options for the user to select the naming of these files.

I am not sure if MSAA supports extrafanart/extrathumbs for Movie Sets, or if it does, how the naming should be.